Need some positive over 40 pregnancy stories (update)

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 Belladorn

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

Well, I am lying at home today with chronic morning sickness. It started to kick in last Thursday& I spent the weekend on the couch. I had hypermesis gravdium with Dd & now I am praying it doesn't happen again.  I haven't kept a thing down today and the 24/7 nausea is killing me.

On the up side I saw my Gp and she was more positive than me. I have my dating scan this Friday, fingers crossed it all goes well.

I love hearing all your stories, keep them coming.

#27 JAPNII

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

I had my 3rd at 41.5. VB. 2 hours labour...all good!

#28 Mummalovin

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:16 AM

I'll add my story :)  My DS and DD1 were born 9 days before my 41st birthday.  Hubby and I had been doing IVF for 9 yrs due to medical issues.  It was my 1st pregnancy and it all went well.  Bubs were a little early but no issues.

DD2 & DD3 were born when I was almost 44.5.  All good again

All the best :)

#29 Fizzwizz

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:28 PM

Had third baby at age 44 15 months ago, unplanned pregnancy. Best of luck try not to stress too much just get over each stage like the first ultrasound dating scan then the 13-14 week scan etc then the 20 week one.

#30 Dustyblue

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

Just had my 1st bub four days ago, age 41.5. Finally!

My old gp had given me some gems like 'women over 40 never labour well' and 'women over 40 often need induction', so was rapt to have a spontaneous 3.5 hour labour with 15 mins of pushing. Amazed actually!

Look how many positive stories there are here OP, chances are you'll be another one.

#31 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

DH was a honeymoon baby for his 43yo mother and 49yo father.

Our family history is littered with many babies born post 40, even post 45.

I know someone who thought she was in menopause at 45...... Nope just pregnant.... Which was a surprise as their other 3 children they had had to use IVF to conceive.

Most mums at kindy were 42-44yrs having their third child without issue (most starting having children at 38-40yrs).

#32 Holidayromp

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

View PostGrape Jelly, on 10 June 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Congrats!  I understand the concern, and the stats can be scary but individuals prove the stats wrong every day. I fell pregnant one month before my 40th birthday after much effort and struggle. I was terrified throughout the pregnancy but my little one is 18 months old now and he is perfect. Best wishes to you.

Wow!! I fell a month after my 40th!!

It was a dream pregnancy like all my others.  I do pregnancy very well :)

#33 ~*bella*~

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:34 PM

Congratulations.

HG is horrible, hopefully you can find something to help :)

#34 Megustas

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:35 PM

Had my second at 40.5 years. Was worried mostly about chances for genetic abnormalities as based on age alone pretty high.

Nuchold fold results were excellent though, risk % was in fact less than some 30ish friends!

#35 thefivelovebugs

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

Loving this thread keep it coming please. Congrats to op.

#36 gc_melody

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

I had both of my children over the age of 40. It can happen.

Congratulations on your pregnancy OP. I wish you an uneventful pregnancy and birth.

#37 Ukmumma

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:33 AM

I'm 40 currently pregnant with Bub 6 and I'm 20 weeks. My youngest is 15 months, she came 3 weeks early 2 hour labour it was my 2nd vbac, I'll have just turned 41 when bubs is born :) congratulations on your pregnancy

#38 ABabyPlease

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:58 PM

First baby at 42.
I have 3 friends who had babies at 43.
All healthy.

Best wishes.

#39 Me&My4

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:48 PM

I had my 4th at 41. She is a thriving 2yo now.  She did have a twin which we saw on ultrasounds 3 times between 5 and 12 weeks. But sadly we lost the other baby sometime before 12 weeks. I went onto have a trouble free pregnancy, although I did worry a little bit. Anyway apparently this can be quite common, especially with older woman who sometimes don't ever even know they were carrying twins!!! Good luck!  :)

#40 Nutty nut

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

I posted earlier about half heartedly trying for our third at 42... 10 weeks tomorrow !

The risk of chromosomal abnormalities is still pretty prominent in the back of my head, and stopping me getting really excited, but in 3 weeks we'll have the screening back, and it will hopefully start to feel real then!

#41 katiebear26

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:11 PM

Congratulations! A bit different but my mum was over 40 when she had my older sister and I. And not just a year or two over! Fell pregnant naturally too, she was very lucky.

She did have pre eclampsia which seems to be heridtary (spelling?) in my family but we both turned out fine (apart from not being able to spell at times...) and no health problems for us and mum recovered quickly. She had extra monitoring from her Dr.

I hope your pregnancy goes well, put your feet up whenever you can and enjoy your bub :-)

#42 Twinmum+2

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:56 PM

My SIL and a good friend both had babies at 43.  Both had awesone pregnancies and beautiful healthy babies.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

#43 Esseffaz

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

How are you doing, Belladorn?

#44 Shapir0

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:11 PM

I had DS3 at 42. He's a bundle of joy.....and energy.... lots of energy :wub: . I reckon he keeps me young :p

#45 Sparklearkle

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:28 PM

In my mother's group we had 1 mum that was 40 and two that were 42 when they gave birth. The 40yo and one of the 42yos had a c-section and both went fine. The other 42yr had an uncomplicated vaginal delivery.
All 3 babies were born at term and healthy. They are all now 4 years old :)
Good luck OP!

#46 Malta

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

Hi there , i know exactly how you feel, i was 42 when we finally fell pregnant , we tried since i was  39 years with a few challenges.  we held our breath literally until the 8 week appointment. then again up until the 10 week scan, all went smoothly and we have a perfectly healthy baby girl who is now 2.   i don't think you honestly relax until they are in  your arms, you just learn to live with it.   as we were IVF we did have counselling to prepare us for all the outcomes :  we talked about the decisions we would make if there were problems with the scans.
... luckily we didnt have to... you can't control it , so just be healthy

#47 Malta

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

best of luck

#48 mumat40

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:07 AM

I am 48 and pregnant with my 6th child.. The others are 26, 24, 8, 5 and 3.... Tho one and ny last one at45 both massive surprises!! All water births at home and all perfectly healthy 😊

#49 ACT mum

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:58 PM

At 45 said to hubby I think my period is late. He asked 'do you think it's early menopause?' forehead slap.

It was a surprise third baby. Big surprise because our first two were IVF. And I had two miscarriages trying for baby no 3 until we gave it up and were looking into fostering.

I had a bleed at what I thought was 7 weeks. Went for a scan thinkig it would diganose a missed miscarriage but they said baby was ok, alive and further along than I thought... was actually 11 weeks.

She is now 7 months old. Perfectly good birth, although I was induced 1 week early due to possible slowing in growth in last few weeks of preg and midwives were playing it safe due to my age.

Sure my body did not bounce back as fast, but nothing too bad. Good luck wiht it all and try to enjoy it.

#50 Belladorn

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:07 AM

Just an update to my first Op. I had a healthy, beautiful baby girl 8 weeks ago. Whilst I was anxious my whole pregnancy, my Ob said on my last visit, that my pregnancy had been a text book case (with the exception of my hyperemesis).

Wanting to let you lovely ladies know that there is hope for a successful, natural conception after 40 and to never say never.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.