Need some positive over 40 pregnancy stories (update)

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 Nutty nut

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:23 AM

Congrats OP. I'm rocking my 5 week old to sleep having turned 43 a couple of weeks after she was born. Another boring pregnancy, and an uncomplicated 3rd C section. Life can be kind sometimes.

#52 Ozquoll

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

What a lovely update - congratulations on your beautiful bub!

My family story of 'older' pregnancies is quite encouraging: my great grand-mother had five children - starting at age 37! She was 43 when she had her last baby. All five kids lived to at least 90, and two are still living and look quite likely to get a telegram from the Queen :-)

#53 just roses

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:41 AM

My cousin had her first at 17, second at 40 and third at 42. All good pregnancies with healthy babies at the end!

#54 Soontobe7

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

Congrats OP. I am 44 and 24 weeks with my 5th baby. I was a little worried but my last scan showed everything perfect,  so feeling more positive.  I think we all have those worries no matter our age :)

#55 steppy

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

A very good friend had her first natural homebirth at 41 and her second at 43 - no problems.

Another very good friend is the product of a last eggs pregnancy at 47 - she is beautiful and there were no issues with anything.

Edited by steppy, 06 April 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#56 Emerald Halo

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:48 PM

It's lovely to hear so many positive stories!

I've just started TTC #2, having had DD (now 9m) last year 6 weeks before turning 40.

We were very fortunate to get pregnant on our first cycle of TTC. I had a period, with my IUD removed on day 6 then conceived that same cycle! We had been geared up for a much longer journey, knowing that we may or may not ever be lucky.

I was worried by statistics and possibilities, but had a great pregnancy that was uneventful until 36w where we discovered bub was breech, I was meant to see an OB to try turning her, but she decided to come at 38w so I ended up experiencing labour, but having a CS at the insistence of the Dr on call.

DH and I are excited to be trying for another. hoping that we have success within the year :)

#57 ceevee

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

Oh wow Belladorn that's fantastic news! Congratulations!!!
Thank you so much for sharing, gives us all hope!

Still trying at 42 :)

#58 CasaJaRae

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:32 AM

I had my first at 23.
2nd at 38. 3rd at 40.
I feel way more confident & relaxed being 'older'. It just seems easier to me now. Yes the pregnacy was harder but more so the results and scans caused stress and I had a dodgy cervix so bedrest from 24wks - but girls stayed in till 38+ weeks. Both beautiful and perfect. Although 3rd DD popped out at home in 20mins before ambulance arrived lol. Wouldnt change it for the world...
All the best x

#59 StJax

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

The positive stories do help. I'm 45 and 9 weeks pregnant after 7 miscarriages between my son and now. I've also had a bit of bleeding- which is just so damn depressing.
I look at the odds and say surely it must be my turn to NOT miscarry.
Having (another) scan this week... so.....
Hoping against hope, almost literally.

#60 Aquamarine3

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

Thank you for posting this update. I read through the entire thread, enjoying the positive stories greatly (I'm 44 and ttc my 3rd after a recent mmc), but I was thrilled to get to the end and read your happy outcome. Congratulations, and thanks for starting this post. It's been so helpful to my state of mind. Best of luck to you and your lovely bub.

Edited by Aquamarine3, 20 May 2017 - 07:44 PM.

#61 tarrie cat

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:45 AM

I was 43 when I had my daughter. My OB commented that I had the most boring, run-of-the-mill pregnancy she'd had for awhile. No complications, nothing.

I went a week over, agreed to an induction because I was so over being pregnant (I was huge by the end), ended up with a c-section because there was no way my bubba's enormous head was going to fit through my hips. So that had nothing to do with my age and all to do with my body shape. (I had a 4.23kg baby!)

I now have a healthy and happy two year old.

#62 Whirlygig

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

I'm 23 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. I had my 1st at 40, naturally conceived, 2nd at 43 via IVF and 3 weeks after my 46th birthday, used my last frozen embie not expecting it to stick. But, here I am! 6 miscarriages and 3 chemicals have made me very scared and it's taken me until the last few weeks to announce my pregnancy. So incredibly happy and fortunate, still can't believe it's true.

#63 Rockchickmom

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:44 AM

I am 45 my son is 4. I can't say the pregnancy was positive or after I had a lot of complications during and after but wouldn't change it for anything. Even now four yrs later and being treated for lupus /fibro and chronic fatigue I still wouldn't give up my miracle son. Rembrandt is my life and the reason I get up (slowly and painfully)  but I get up out of bed for him. He is an only child and spoilt and loved for five. I know I don't sound very positive but it's meant to be positive kinda. Don't regret having him and hate that four yrs has gone so fast and in another yr and a half he will be leaving me and goinf to school. Despite complications and new health issues from c section Rembrandt Grayson amd two hyphenated last names is my miracle I waited for over 20 yrs. Never regretted.

#64 Esseffaz

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:09 PM

I find myself in here once again!

This time with a surprise BFP this morning. I'm currently 6 weeks and due around 24 September.

We struggled falling pregnant with our first and ended up conceiving via IVF and now have a 16 month old son.

So to fall without trying at the age of 42 has completely shocked us!

We're very excited and happy, if somewhat freaked out.

Any other older mums or mums to be out there with some more good news stories?

#65 Ozquoll

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

Wow, congratulations OP! You are definitely a good news story for older mums, twice over! 🙂

#66 Crazy123

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

I conceived my now 8wk old naturally at 40 through clamped tubes and when all my other children were assisted conception.

It was my easiest pregnancy health wise, but being my 5th c/s, that was a bit scary and I had a few complications.

No indication when he was born as to what happened, they removed both tubes this time with original clamps still in place.

#67 PhillipaCrawford

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:41 AM

someone really wanted to be here!

#68 MwahMum

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:02 AM

41 y.o. with almost 2 yo

Curiously tried for a couple of months, without contraception.  

Now happily 5 weeks pregnant.

#69 Stimstar

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:54 AM

I love everything about this thread! I’m 7 weeks pg at 40, and the stats and stories I find on the internet are so negative I often feel like a miscarriage is inevitable!

This thread is a fantastic and much needed reassurance that actually, it’s probably going to be perfectly fine.

Thank you for starting it, and to all who have contributed! I will be following for sure, and hopefully (probably!) be back in May or June with my own happy story ❤️

#70 MincePieMasterchef

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:21 PM

View PostStimstar, on 17 October 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

I love everything about this thread! I’m 7 weeks pg at 40, and the stats and stories I find on the internet are so negative I often feel like a miscarriage is inevitable!

This thread is a fantastic and much needed reassurance that actually, it’s probably going to be perfectly fine.

Thank you for starting it, and to all who have contributed! I will be following for sure, and hopefully (probably!) be back in May or June with my own happy story ❤️

Hi Stimstar, Im 41 and currently 13 weeks pg so due mid May.
So far so good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.