Neuroblastoma Stage IV 2003

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Red Cabbage

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

I haven't been back to EB in many years. But today, I had a flash back and thought I'd come back to see what the old forum is up to.

In 2003, my 3yo daughter was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma Stage 4.

If you are still here from those days, you will remember her I'm sure.

So, this month, represents 13 years from her diagnosis. I never ever expected to get so far. She has many long term side effects, but she's a happy and very enjoyable girl to be around. Everyone who meets her, loves her.

Her odds back then, were less than 20% chance of survival. Thankfully, Neuroblastoma research has improved those odds, and treatment today looks a bit different than what it did back then. I can only hope that research continues and improves the odds enough that all kids can survive this cancer with limited long term side effects.

Anyway, I thought I'd give a quick update while I was here looking around. EB helped me through many down days in that time of my life years ago.

Colleen

#2 JRA

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

Oh Colleen, great to hear from you

It is wonderful to have a happy update.

All the best to you all.

Anna

#3 andieinvic

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:32 PM

Thanks for the update - great to hear.

I remember your "kicking cancer's butt" sig and am so glad your dd is doing well.

#4 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

Lovely to see your positive update.  I still think of you often, and wonder how your DD was doing.

#5 alwayshappy

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:32 PM

I remember you, very well. Always followed your daughter's journey and prayed that she would survive and do well.
I also remember that distressing time when you lost your little one, too.
Some stories just stick with people, and yours was one of them.
So pleased to hear of such a heartwarming update.

#6 Mummy2RyanandAlex

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:45 PM

I remember you and your daughter well! I think of you both often and wonder how things are going.
Thank you for the update. xx

#7 mum2brodie

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:38 PM

I was a new mum around that time too and I remember. Such great news and hope.  I am now the one with Stage 4 bowel cancer after being told I was too young by a several GPs.

It really makes me humble at our wonder research people.  I wish more money was being spent on cures.

Wishing her the very best of health. xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.