Photography challenge - Winter

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Nut

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:40 PM

As the title says!!! The new theme is WINTER. That can be what ever winter means to you so if you're in QLD and winter is still going to the beach so be it. Open to interpretation.

Can be taken for the challenge or an old photo. I will leave it open for two weeks to be closed on SUNDAY JULY 10.

EB rules - 500px wide x 470 px high and 100kb maximum or you can post a link to your flickr photo.

Previous winners
Relax - Nut
Treescape - Peanut

#2 katpaws

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:30 AM

Sorry i missed the previous competition. Grr to study!

I'll submit this:

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

#3 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:41 PM

Sorry I missed the last challenge we have all been sick. I will try for this challenge

#4 Peanut

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:10 AM

Almost forgot!

Here's what winter looks like around here:

https://www.flickr.c.../in/dateposted/

#5 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:17 PM

Hi Everyone,

Sliding in and fully prepared to not be considered. I have had a bad luck with technology within the last week or so. I have successfully killed 2 computer screens, 1 mobile phone, attempted to kill another, required that the ipad be completely reset and lost everything. I think my DH is about to ban me from it.

Here is my entry, I have had to go back into the files for this one, I did take it towards the end of May this year so I am not sure that it counts.

https://www.flickr.c...tream/lightbox/

Have fun

#6 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

Peanut and Katpaws you have taken some lovely photos.

#7 Nut

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:39 PM

I'm leaving it open for a bit longer to give people more time :)

#8 Nut

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

Well it's slim pickings (and late) but I will give it to Katpaws. I love ice on plants! Very pretty :)

#9 Peanut

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

Congrats katpaws, I love icy photos too!  :)

#10 katpaws

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:17 PM

Thanks!!!

Do you think maybe we should try this in What do you think? Or perhaps have a comp, advertise it in one of the bigger forums and get people to vote for a winner (ie poll)?? That might spark people up.

#11 Nut

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:29 PM

I actually shared this one in Misc when I started the thread. It didn't help apparently, but we can do it again just to try and bring in some more interest.

#12 Chic'N'Stu

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

Wow, how did I not see this earlier? Thanks for sharing, everyone.

Katpaws and Peanut, I had a good look through your Flickr photostreams and liked what I saw - y'all have a keen artistic eye.

#13 katpaws

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:38 PM

Thanks, Chic but posters like Peanuts and others have way better pictures than me.

Do you guys want me to do another challenge and advertise it elsewhere (in Misc?)???

#14 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

Congratulations Katpaws :)

Peanut I am moving to where you live if that is your winter. Much better than here which is wet and cold.

I would like another challenge. I would say advertise it where you want to. I hadn't realised that people had been and only look in here though.

#15 Nut

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

It would be nice to try and bring a few more people over this way and get this area moving more. I say we start a new one here and try to promote it around the forum a bit more.

#16 katpaws

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:13 AM

OK - will do!

#17 JJhutton

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

Some beautiful pics here guys! you live in some beautiful places

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.