Election Night Discussion (was Am I the only person...)

• Please log in to reply
1495 replies to this topic

#1 casime

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

Please tell me I'm not the only person settled in and ready to watch the election results?

Edited by casime, 02 July 2016 - 07:17 PM.

#2 PurplePaperFrog

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:35 PM

not the only one! I'm excited.

My brother thinks I'm a nerd.

#3 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:36 PM

Me too!

I'm already getting a couple of teasers from Twitter wrt exit polls - I'm cooking dinner, about to pour a glass of wine.....love election night!

#4 pili-pala

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:37 PM

I have beer, snacks and have started ABC coverage (I wouldn't even know if anyone else has coverage!).

Lots of my friends are at election parties (not official ones)

#5 blue86

Nope. I'm curled up on the lounge resting my weary legs and alternating between the guardian, smh and eb waiting for the counting to start

#6 Acidulous Osprey

Of course you are casime ;)

Nobody else could possibly be interested.

Bah, DH has declared he can't bear it and won't be watching with me.  Piker.

#7 Bone Apple Tea

Me too.  Even have icecream and have convinced the kids it will be exciting.

#8 Riotproof

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

I'm sure you aren't the only one. Maybe later. Once children are asleep.

#9 nicebitch

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

Im excited. Politics to me is what sport is to normal people.

Voting was a bit boring. Only had two people try to hand me how to vote cards and that was it! It was dead quiet to. In and out.

I want to be a vote counter one day. Sounds like fun!

#10 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

I havent turned it on yet but will later. Im excited.

#11 AxeTheMax

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

Would be if DH was awake, but I have given the tv to the kids. I will keep an eye online, I am actually very nervous about the vote because I don't think who I want to be in will be, and that frightens me.

#12 purplekitty

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:48 PM

I'm considering shutting myself in a cupboard with a blanket over my head.

#13 Caitlin Happymeal

We are ordering pizza and settling in! Love a bit of ABC election coverage after a day of work...

#14 Veritas Vinum Arte

Yep Pizza, Champagme and Election (with AFL on DHs iPhone in the background for him to switch between the two).

ETA Champagne is the only thing alcoholic except certain spirits I can drink..... It is not "celebratory"... Just like someone having a wine or beer ;)

Edited by VeritasVinum, 02 July 2016 - 05:50 PM.

#15 Fourteenyears

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:49 PM

I usually do, but tonight I just don't think I'm up to the tension, or the lack of tension which would be just as disappointing.  I am tempted to put a long DVD on, open a bottle of wine, and check in at about 11pm.

#16 SplashingRainbows

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:49 PM

I'm home alone with the kids tonight. I'm hoping they go to bed quickly so I can settle in and watch the election.

I fear it won't be the result I want but anyway, I'm keen to see the results.

I know a lot of people who donkey voted today. I'm dismayed as its not their usual MO but I guess that's an allowed privilege of democracy.

#17 casime

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:50 PM

Wine and pizza here tonight as well.  Definitely not cooking tonight.  DS has been relegated to my bedroom television.

Ten minutes until poll booths close!

#18 nicebitch

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:50 PM

10 minutes until voting closes!

#19 BadCat

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:51 PM

Have had the tv on in the background since around lunchtime listening to the ABC burble on about different electorates and interspersing it with stories about democracy sausages trending on twitter and how they make sausages and how many sausages are likely to be consumed and more about sausages...

I rather suspect it might start to be more about politics soon...

#20 Fire_fly

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:51 PM

I have my blanket, cheese platter, red wine and some chocolate. I am settled in for a long night in front of ABC. I love election night!

Edited by Fire_fly, 02 July 2016 - 05:51 PM.

#21 gravity1

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:54 PM

Yep - I will be as well!

Election nerds unite...

#22 seayork2002

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

I need to watch it as Antony Green is on and he was the reason i was interested as a kid (not in a fancying way a interested in way)

It is just a personal tradition thing i do

#23 mumto4boys

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

The coverage started at 5pm on 7. Maybe not the highest brow coverage, but for an election tragic, it's started.

Alan Jones is interviewing Tony Abbott.

We're not having dinner tonight. We've got cheese, dips, biscuits etc and we're settling down in front of the telly.

One of our kids has also worked at a booth today so when he gets home we're hoping to hear a few funny stories.

#24 Octopodes

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:58 PM

We will be watching ABC while the votes roll in. Alcohol and ice cream on hand to drown our sorrows if the result goes the way I expect it to go.

#25 dadwasathome

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:00 PM

Kids not impressed, and I'll probably get angry and want to change channel. Friend poss heading over while her DP us scrutineering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.