Another Election

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: If another election was called (154 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you change your vote?

1. Yes (9 votes [5.84%])

Percentage of vote: 5.84%

2. No (143 votes [92.86%])

Percentage of vote: 92.86%

3. Unsure (2 votes [1.30%])

Percentage of vote: 1.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 la di dah

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:08 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 03 July 2016 - 05:08 PM, said:

But if it's only lower house, you number to the end anyway.

Yeah I meant in the senate. I have no qualms about my lower house vote, I only had Xenophon, Christian Democrats, The Greens for micros & ALP and Liberal for majors. Those are not hard to order (that's not the order).

Edited by la di dah, 03 July 2016 - 08:10 PM.

#27 SnazzyFeral

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:16 PM

I think there were a lot of informal votes, well that is the reports from most people I know who scrutineered have reported. So it ay be worthwhile

#28 Therese

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

I would still vote the same way I did. No changes.

#29 MintyBiscuit

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:40 PM

My vote would stay the same.

My polling place would change. I want my democracy sausage

#30 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:05 PM

I would have done a bit more research into senate choices. I presumed I would do as the handout suggested, but found I wasn't happy with who they wanted me to choose so had to quickly make up my own mind.

#31 Fright bat

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:19 PM

View Postr0cket, on 03 July 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

If neither side can form a minority government, there will be no choice but to hold another election. My understanding is it would be a lower house only vote though.

Not necessarily. They can do either lower house only or whole senate. Can't do half senate as if an election is within two years of a double dissolution, has to be another double dissolution. Unsure if it's the government or the GG who makes the call on the senate. But if they don't dissolve senate, you'd have to assume the house would go more left, to counteract the preponderance of crazy right wing independents in the senate... And thus even less likely a lib victory.

Interesting times....

#32 *Ker*

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:28 PM

I wouldn't change mine. I spent a lot of time on it and voted very carefully. My only agonising decision was whether to put Family First or Libs last.

#33 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:40 PM

View Postseayork2002, on 03 July 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

So we need another sausage?

Ours had bacon and eggs, sausages, cakes, toffees, chocolate crackles, coconut ice...bring on another election I say!

#34 Lesley225

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:18 AM

View Post*Ker*, on 03 July 2016 - 10:28 PM, said:

I wouldn't change mine. I spent a lot of time on it and voted very carefully. My only agonising decision was whether to put Family First or Libs last.

Sadly in the house of reps my choices were so dire I had to put the Liberals quite high up.

#35 PurplePaperFrog

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:03 AM

I wouldn't change my vote.

#36 SlightlyLeftFeral

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

My vote would remain the same. Only 5 candidates, only tough call was wether to put Libs or RUA last.

Doesn't make any difference, I'm in a safe Liberal seat, but the smug prick had a 5.93% swing against him. I live in hope that one day our electorate will actually get someone other than a self serving b*st*rd to represnt us. He's a minister so our electorate gets put on the back burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.