Greens/Labor multiparty government?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PooksLikeChristmas

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

Adam Bandt just seemed to flag this as a possibility as I watch ABC news. I haven't followed political analysis as much this election as in have in the past. Is this a real possibility for the formation of government? (Be still, my beating heart). Surely it would be political suicide for Shorten?

#2 *cough*

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:50 PM

Yes. Very much so. It's brilliant. Greens will pull labor left. It will overall be a very centric gov if it forms based on this election.

#3 IamtheMumma

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

I don't think its going to happen from what I've been reading from the independents.

Andrew Wilkie - no deals with either party
Cathy McGowen - no deals with either party.
Bandt- Labor
NXT - Maybe Labor
Katter  - LNP

AEC has 69 Labor with 3 more expected, at 72 they'd need 4. There aren't 4 people to carry them over.

LNP have worse odds.

#4 jcricket

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:06 PM

I hope I hope oh how I hope this will happen!

#5 NunSoFeral

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:11 PM

I wish, but I think it will be back to banger-geddon.
Within the month.

The Senate.....good grief, the senate....
If it wasn't so terrifying it would be hilarious.

#6 purplekitty

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:13 PM

That would be interesting but I don't think the numbers are there.

There is a lot of animosity to overcome between the two.

#7 SplashingRainbows

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

I don't think greens have enough seats in the lower house for it to be possible. If they had 3-4 then I'd give it merit (q d would love to see it). Greens looking at 1 or maybe 2 seats only if I understand which I don't think will be enough.

#8 *cough*

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:22 PM

But the concept of a re-election may sway polliesto negotiate to form. No one wants the uncertainty of another election.

#9 *cough*

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:47 PM

If the ABCs prediction of the 13 uncertain seats is correct it will probably fall out as 77 labor 74 LNP when you add them to results from AEC page. Plus 1 Green means a labour/green majority.

Postal votes are usually conservative but they were mostly done at the peak of mediscare campaign so I think it's a possibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.