Jump to content

Due in March 2017 - Hello


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
231 replies to this topic

#26 sydowens

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

View Postblue_wren, on 08 July 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

Welcome everyone!

Just an update - my hcg was only at 74 on Wednesday, so I'm a bit worried. The dr said it probably just means that it all happened later than first thought, so I'm earlier than we guessed, but that doesn't stop me from worrying, lol. I have a scan in 2 weeks when I'll be around 7 weeks-ish so that will help.

Symptoms wise, how is everyone going? I had the sorest boobs for a few days but that's calmed down a fair bit. A bit dizzy/fuzzy now and then but nothing too bad. Which of course also makes me paranoid!

Anyone else feeling ok, or has sickness swept everyone else up?

Big hugs hun!!

I've been through the HCG roller coaster in the past, so I know it isn't easy. Why don't you request to have your hcg level checked every few days to know if it's doubling as it should? My levels were checked weekly until week 6 when we're satisfied that it's progressing. I have my scan next Tuesday and I'm so anxious to get it over and done with.

Symptom wise I've been feeling awful. morning sickness, being sick while brushing my teeth, breast soreness and recently this sharp shooting pain near my groin. It's very sporadic and quite swift; almost like some of the shooting/ stabbing pains that I've had in my breasts.
Anyone else experiencing this kind of pain?

#27 EJ79

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:49 PM

Hi ladies! Delighted to be able to join you all 😊
We've been trying to conceive for around 18 months. Sadly had a miscarriage at 6w in October. Got our second BFP last week. Sooooo happy. Had bloods done this week and hcg not super high but within range so gp is happy. Had it tested twice and almost doubled in the 2nd test so that's comforting. Blue-wren are you getting yours tested again....might give you some comfort?

Symptom wise my boobs have been killing me for weeks and slightly nauseous in the morning but no vomiting....yet!

Due date of 7th March.

Seeing an OB in 2 weeks for a 7.5 week scan due to previous miscarriage.  

Looking forward to to getting to know you all over the next 8 months!!!!

Sydowens I've had sharp/shooting pains in my nipples but not my groin

Edited by EJ79, 08 July 2016 - 10:51 PM.


#28 SydSurprise

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:37 PM

Hi everyone.  

I just about had a heart attack on Tuesday when I got a BFP.  I am 41, already have 2 teenagers, and we didn't expect to have any more.  Contraception failed.  The blood test was positive so here I am!  Due date 13 March. Occasional sickness, tiredness and crazily sore boobs.  I just replaced my underwire bras with soft ones to make them bearable.  With my age, we aren't telling anyone until I pass the 3 month mark.  So I am here to find some help and support.

Good luck to all of us!

#29 Polka dot

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:33 PM

Wow SydSurprise that must have been quite a shock! I'm sure really hard after thinking you were finished with that stage of parenting. I was a teenager when my brother and sister were born and it was one of the best things that every happened. Hopefully it will be wonderful for your whole family down the track.

How are you handling the adjustment?

#30 Polka dot

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:35 PM

Welcome EJ79! Hope this is a sticky bun for you, sorry for your previous loss xx

#31 Taz82

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:12 PM

Hi everyone,
I got my BFP this week and had bloods done yesterday, so just waiting for confirmation from that, but dr says I am due around 7th March.
Will be getting a dating scan in a couple of weeks for a more accurate date.
This is our first Bub and a bit of a surprise. I'm 34 though so a bit excited and nervous at the same time. No symptoms so far - touch wood.
Looking forward to having a little group to ask questions, share ideas etc.

#32 EJ79

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:56 PM

Thanks PolkaDot!!

Welcome Taz82! I'm due 7th March and first baby for us too 😊 So exciting!!

#33 LoveMySnuggles

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

Hi everyone! I'm due with #3 on 19th March. This is last bub for us so hopefully I will be able to enjoy it a bit more than the last 2, was in horrendous pain from spd and previous back injury with last bub so hoping physio has helped and will continue to help! Have only told my bestie so far but dying to tell the kids!
How's everyone traveling? I've had morning sickness on and off already but not to bad luckily and been super tired by the afternoon. Have first doc appointment on Wednesday.

Edited by LoveMySnuggles, 10 July 2016 - 04:40 PM.


#34 EJ79

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

Hi LoveMySnuggles! Been traveling ok. Really tender and full boobs with mild nausea first thing in the morning and again in the afternoon but nothing a cuppa can't fix....so far.
Pretty tired too.
And just started to get a bit of lower back pain. Am grateful for each and every symptom though as it makes it more real to me!!

#35 riley&emmy

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

Hi everyone. Just got my BFP today and feeling like its a bit of a miracle. I miscarried at 5 weeks just last month. Had a scan and blood tests to make sure that the miscarriage had been completed and HCG levels back to zero. Had been feeling quite off the past week or so with nausea, extremely sore boobs, tiredness. Period late so took a test. Due date is approx 13 March. Feeling little cautious as I'm 39 and also with the previous loss. Also have DS 12 and DD 9 so quite an age gap.

#36 Ruby2Shoes

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

Yay, welcome to those who have just joined, and hi those from the TTC thread :)

Re: morning sickness, I am not suffering badly (yet..), I seem to have a bunch of fairly subtle symptoms. Generally feel tired and bloated, but every now and then just get a wave of nausea. Also seem to be having a few food aversions - yoghurt tastes disgusting and I normally love it.

Am more thirsty than usual and seem to be a bit puffy - normally in winter my wedding rings are super loose and I worry about them falling off, but no chance of that at the moment.

Sydowens, I've had a few shooting pains on one side of my groin area (I guess? or just above) but they were not at all severe so I'm not really worried. None today.

#37 Smileigh1978

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:22 PM

View Postriley&emmy, on 10 July 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

Hi everyone. Just got my BFP today and feeling like its a bit of a miracle. I miscarried at 5 weeks just last month. Had a scan and blood tests to make sure that the miscarriage had been completed and HCG levels back to zero. Had been feeling quite off the past week or so with nausea, extremely sore boobs, tiredness. Period late so took a test. Due date is approx 13 March. Feeling little cautious as I'm 39 and also with the previous loss. Also have DS 12 and DD 9 so quite an age gap.

I'm much the same too . I'm 38 and had a loss last March and I have dd14.5 and ds 9 . I've been having aching back pain all weekend has me worried but hopeful 😊 I did have a back injury in my lower back in December so I figure that's why . I felt off Friday but mainly tired. No symptoms at all . Just nervous for my hcg levels tomorrow avo but I am feeling very positive . The due date according to me as I ovulated late is 18/3 but if they go by lmp it's 11/3 . I'm
Pretty sure I'm right I did a digital ovulation test so I know it was later lol oh the worries . My partner banned me from google this weekend I was being so ridiculous lol positive it's a sticky bean 👍🏻😊 positive you all have them too 😊

#38 riley&emmy

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:50 AM

Smileigh - we sound similar! I also had a terrible back injury last year with a bulged disc and numbness in lower leg and foot and could barely walk. Took some time to recover so that's also a concern there for me being pregnant as I still have recurring pain from the back every now and then. I'm off to doctor tomorrow where I'll get bloods done and like you I'm cautious of my HCG levels as last time they were very low. The pregnancy test I took this time however showed up very strong/dark very quickly so I'm hopeful. I also have a better general feeling about everything this time. Last time I just kept feeling a sense of dread/impending doom even before I knew I was miscarrying. How are you feeling about the age gap? I feel like I'll be learning everything over again! Bit of a shock! Good luck today at the doctors keep us updated! X

#39 blue_wren

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:01 PM

View Postsydowens, on 08 July 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

Big hugs hun!!

I've been through the HCG roller coaster in the past, so I know it isn't easy. Why don't you request to have your hcg level checked every few days to know if it's doubling as it should? My levels were checked weekly until week 6 when we're satisfied that it's progressing. I have my scan next Tuesday and I'm so anxious to get it over and done with.


Thank you! Your advice was just what I needed and I went back to the dr today. I've had another blood test so will know more tomorrow arvo. It's so tricky - don't want to be in the dr every five minutes but she (and the blood lab lady) was lovely and reassuring that it was fine to see her again about it. Phew!

I went to a wedding on the weekend - the first non-drinking event since we found out. Everyone always used to joke that they'd know the second I was pregnant as I'd be not drinking (compared to my usual ... I do love my wine!) but we gave the excuse that the FS told me to stop drinking before going on medication. Seemed to have fooled them, mwahahaha!

#40 Mrsthew

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:22 PM

Hello ladies! I got my BFP this morning and freaking out a little. We already have a little girl who is 15months. She was born on March 25th 2015 and this one is due 24th March 2017!!! So I'll they will be 2 years apart.

#41 Ruby2Shoes

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:38 PM

View Postblue_wren, on 11 July 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

I went to a wedding on the weekend - the first non-drinking event since we found out. Everyone always used to joke that they'd know the second I was pregnant as I'd be not drinking (compared to my usual ... I do love my wine!) but we gave the excuse that the FS told me to stop drinking before going on medication. Seemed to have fooled them, mwahahaha!

This is an excellent excuse, well done! I have the same problem, I love my wine :D
So I think everyone is going to know as soon as I attend something and don't drink. I might take a leaf out of your book!

#42 sydowens

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:11 PM

View Postblue_wren, on 11 July 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

Thank you! Your advice was just what I needed and I went back to the dr today. I've had another blood test so will know more tomorrow arvo. It's so tricky - don't want to be in the dr every five minutes but she (and the blood lab lady) was lovely and reassuring that it was fine to see her again about it. Phew!I went to a wedding on the weekend - the first non-drinking event since we found out. Everyone always used to joke that they'd know the second I was pregnant as I'd be not drinking (compared to my usual ... I do love my wine!) but we gave the excuse that the FS told me to stop drinking before going on medication. Seemed to have fooled them, mwahahaha!

Hi Blue_wren, glad I helped a bit. Fingers-crossed that you get some good news!

I'm having dating scan tomorrow...eeek! Somehow I think sleeping will be difficult tonight as I'm so anxious!

@Ruby2shoes, yes the pain was in that area. It was very sporadic and not overly painful. I haven't felt it in the last few days now, so it's probably one those pesky symptoms of pregnancy.

Welcome to all the newbies :)

Edited by sydowens, 11 July 2016 - 02:19 PM.


#43 EJ79

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:01 PM

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Sydowens! How far along are you?
I'm scheduled for an early scan (due to previous miscarriage) at 7w2d. It's on Thursday week. But I'm worried now that we won't see/hear anything as I ovulated on CD19 so really I guess I'll only be just over 4.5w for the scan? Wondering should I ring and voice my concern (it's a new OB....I've never seen her before) and reschedule?

Edited by EJ79, 11 July 2016 - 06:54 PM.


#44 Smileigh1978

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

View Postriley&emmy, on 11 July 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

Smileigh - we sound similar! I also had a terrible back injury last year with a bulged disc and numbness in lower leg and foot and could barely walk. Took some time to recover so that's also a concern there for me being pregnant as I still have recurring pain from the back every now and then. I'm off to doctor tomorrow where I'll get bloods done and like you I'm cautious of my HCG levels as last time they were very low. The pregnancy test I took this time however showed up very strong/dark very quickly so I'm hopeful. I also have a better general feeling about everything this time. Last time I just kept feeling a sense of dread/impending doom even before I knew I was miscarrying. How are you feeling about the age gap? I feel like I'll be learning everything over again! Bit of a shock! Good luck today at the doctors keep us updated! X

Thanks for the good luck it must've rubbed off my levels went to 111 two days after my 42 so dr is rapt. My back she said is more than likely my head making it worse and not to worry :-) I'm not too worried about the gap I'm excited a bit as there is so many things out there to get now than before lol I know you'll be perfect . I felt exactly the same X I still had a test today and Wednesday too but dr is very happy and positive 😊

#45 MissBelle

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

Hey ladies! So excited to be joining this group!

I'm 26 and due March 3rd with baby #1. It still feels very surreal, although the sore boobs, fatigue and morning sickness are a constant reminder haha. Lucky I haven't vomitted yet, I just have really bad nausea for about 2 hours when I first wake up, and again at dinner time. I'll be happy if it doesn't eventuate into anything more (my sister had ms 24/7 the whole 9 months!)

Excited to share this journey with you all! X

Edited by MissBelle, 11 July 2016 - 07:19 PM.


#46 mlc77

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:47 PM

Hi all,

We're due 02 March, but our daughter arrived a few weeks early in 2010, so not sure if we'll scrape into March!

Symptoms sound like everyone else so far, very achy boobs and burning nipples last couple of weeks which seems to have made way for bloating and feeling like utter sh*t with nausea today. Been six years so I've forgotten most of this bit - just been scarred by screamy reflux newborn that made us super gun shy to go for number 2, but I'm 38, so decided best get on with it!

Look forward to sharing the ride - these groups were wonderful support last time around.

#47 hungryhippo

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:35 AM

Hi all,

Congratulations to everyone that has joined the group! I got my BFP yesterday at 14dpo.

I have a bit of a silly question - is my due date based on the date of my last period or when I O'd? I O'd on CD17 so by that calc I should be 4w1d but according to an app I have, it says 4w4d. Not much difference in the grand scheme of things, but I am interested to know.

#48 mlc77

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:17 AM

Your initial due date is calculated from first day of your last period.

Be prepared for this to shift based on measurements at scans though (I lost 6 days of my pregnancy at 12wk scan last time and regained 2 of them at 20wk scan!), think of it as a guide - and of course the fact that babies rarely come on their due dates anyway!

#49 Ruby2Shoes

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:31 AM

View Posthungryhippo, on 12 July 2016 - 01:35 AM, said:

Hi all,

Congratulations to everyone that has joined the group! I got my BFP yesterday at 14dpo.

I have a bit of a silly question - is my due date based on the date of my last period or when I O'd? I O'd on CD17 so by that calc I should be 4w1d but according to an app I have, it says 4w4d. Not much difference in the grand scheme of things, but I am interested to know.

Congrats hungryhippo and welcome!

Maybe your cycle is a bit different to what the app thinks - it might be dating you off a typical 28-day, O on day 14 type cycle (i.e. O 2 weeks before AF due). If you O'd on day 17 that probably accounts for the 3 days difference.

#50 Terfl

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:01 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm reluctantly joining this group (but excited nonetheless), the last few days have been an absolute emotional roller coaster.

I'm 38 and this is my first pregnancy. It still feels so strange even writing this. We tried only for a couple of months and the BFP hit me as an absolute shockwave after my period was 1 day late.

My partner was like 'What do you expect? We were trying, so now you're pregnant, how can this be a surprise to you?'. I'm not sure it will ever sink in.

I'm only at 4w4d so very very early and I've had some light brown discharge yesterday that completely freaked me out. This morning I saw the doctor and I could hardly tell her why I was there, as soon as I opened my mouth I started bawling hysterically. You should have seen her face, haha.
Getting the results tomorrow hopefully but she had no doubt I was pregnant. She also put me a bit at ease re: MC risk and almost gave it a positive spin (nature's course etc).

Apart from sore boobs and some light period pain like cramping, my symptoms are minimal. Oh and bloating...

I'm very excited to be here but it's so surreal at the same time. I keep staring at the positive tests to confirm I'm not dreaming it :)

Good luck to you all, I'm looking forward of sharing the next months with you!

xx


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

 
 
Advertisement
 

Top 5 Viewed Articles

 
Advertisement
 
 
 
Advertisement
 
 
Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.