A note about bullying

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 JinksNewton

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:14 AM

View PostAnge remplie, on 06 July 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

To be fair, I suspect Facebook has as much to do with that as anything else.  Lots of interactions which used to happen here now happen there.

That's actually ok though, and is a natural shift. I know there's people I used to chat to in another forum that I now talk to in FB group chat, mainly because of privacy (and one member of the forum I just cant stand)
It's the nature of the internet, nothing is fixed *shrugs* You can choose to shift with it or be left behind. Sucks, but that's how it is.

#27 Expelliarmus

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:39 AM

I must be oblivious or something. I didn't think the bullying was worse or the thread count was dropping nor does anyone want to FB chat me *sad*.

Still I barely have time to potter about on here for a bit so :shrug:

*wanders on out semi-ready to start the day*

#28 Datrys

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostHandsOnNewton, on 07 July 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

That's actually ok though, and is a natural shift. I know there's people I used to chat to in another forum that I now talk to in FB group chat, mainly because of privacy (and one member of the forum I just cant stand)
It's the nature of the internet, nothing is fixed *shrugs* You can choose to shift with it or be left behind. Sucks, but that's how it is.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing, just pointing out that it's not necessarily about EB being worse or anything.

#29 Soontobegran

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostEBeditor, on 06 July 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

We do factor in if someone "gives as good as they get" when moderating a thread, however if you think someone is mean-spirited or nasty it is probably a good idea to use the ignore function.

And blocking PMs too.

Often the PM arrives before the ignore or block function is utilised and the damage is done.

I tend to think most people on EB are pretty savvy and also pretty tolerant.

#30 Soontobegran

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:57 AM

View PostHandsOnNewton, on 06 July 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

Fair point on the new members.

Except 'new members' are not always. :no2:

#31 Nora.

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

On a positive note something bad happened to me recently and I vented here. I had 4 or so people PM me and offer to help me out. So there's lots of kind and sweet people too.

#32 Lunafreya

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

There was also the camomile tea baby thread. And countless women who have been supported when fleeing abuse.

#33 steppy

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

I think EB is much better in terms of bullying now than it used to be.

#34 AsperHacker

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

View Poststeppy, on 09 March 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

Unless you're the one being bullied! (Not referring to myself but have experienced it and it's obvious that it still goes on).

#35 Nobody Cool

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

View Poststeppy, on 09 March 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

Yeah it seems a lot more restrained than it used to be. I guess I'm not really seeing it. Or maybe I have thicker skin.

Edited by Nobody Cool, 09 March 2017 - 08:21 PM.

#36 Hands Up

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:27 PM

I can think of a few members who should really just block each other.

#37 Burro

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:09 AM

some people get a harder time than other people would for the same kind of post.

Generally multiple posters picking on spelling or grammar is only done to embarrass or belittle someone.

#38 annodam

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

View PostBurro, on 06 July 2016 - 11:06 PM, said:

What have I missed?

I know right!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.