Pokemon Fans

• Please log in to reply
1571 replies to this topic

#1 **Xena**

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:29 PM

Pokemon Go launched today. If you or your kids are Pokemon Fans I highly recommend it. The kids and I just walked around the block catching Pokemon :lol: It's free on android (and I'm assuming iPhone) and let's you catch Pokemon in real life. You look crazy but it's fun. Kids are getting a huge kick out of it (and me haha) :lol:

#2 Lunafreya

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:33 PM

DH and I have been walking around our house and local shopping centre trying to catch Pokemon. Our house is infested with Zubats!

#3 KnightsofNi

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:46 PM

I just downloaded it on my iPhone for my kids. It says GPS not found. What do I do?

#4 KnightsofNi

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:48 PM

Fixed it.

#5 **Xena**

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:09 PM

:lol: We caught a Charmander in the Lounge. Down the street we have caught a Zubat, Weedle, Pidgey, Spearow and Horsea :lol:

#6 Lucky Mama

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:10 PM

I can't get the GPS to work

#7 **Xena**

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:15 PM

Mine said that at first but then still worked. Maybe check your settings, maybe you need data roaming on or something?

#8 Chongololo

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:16 PM

charmander and rattata. Who knew my office was so well populated? ^-^ real world calls now though.

#9 Riotproof

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

It could be very entertaining. I'll save it for another day. Thanks op.

#10 Lunafreya

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

There's a gym at our local shopping centre. I was gym leader for about ten minutes.

#11 Buff Daddy

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

I'll have to show this to my son!

#12 2_little_boys

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

OMG! DS13 will want that on his phone.

I guess I will have to put it on my phone for DS9

Thank you

#13 Bob-the-skull

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:52 PM

I found a charmander on my desk...

well my boss always says its a mess!

#14 wallofdodo

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

We went and looked at a couple of landmarks around our office at lunch time.

There are a couple of pokemon near.

#15 hellsmail

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:02 PM

Im trying to give my self a nick name and everything I try it says name not available even my real name isn't there :huh:

#16 Bob-the-skull

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:05 PM

View Posthellsmail, on 06 July 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

Im trying to give my self a nick name and everything I try it says name not available even my real name isn't there :huh:

someone else would already be using it :D

#17 IkeaAddict

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:07 PM

I'm hoping DS doesn't find it haha. Its way too cold to go outside haha

#18 IkeaAddict

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:10 PM

Just tried to find it for android and wasn't available in the play store. Has anyone else got it for android?

#19 **Xena**

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:11 PM

View Posthellsmail, on 06 July 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

Took me about 10 tries to find a name no one else had!

#20 **Xena**

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

Try going through the link in here Ikeaaddict
http://www.vooks.net...-now-australia/

#21 hellsmail

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

View Post**Xena**, on 06 July 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

Took me about 10 tries to find a name no one else had!

I ended up adding trainerto my nic names  so Im trainerhells if you ever meet meet me in poke land hi

#22 IkeaAddict

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

View Post**Xena**, on 06 July 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Try going through the link in here Ikeaaddict
http://www.vooks.net...-now-australia/

Thanks. It came up when I tried searching for it again....DS is frustrated because I think we need to go outside for proper effectiveness and its way too cold and windy to do that

We do have a Squirtle in the house though. And he won't be happy till he finds a Pikachu :lol:

#23 Bob-the-skull

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

View PostIkeaAddict, on 06 July 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

Just tried to find it for android and wasn't available in the play store. Has anyone else got it for android?

I have it for android... I had to scroll down to find it though.

#24 catasaurus

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

I just downloaded it, caught a few pokemon around the house. DH spent his lunch hour wandering the streets near his work catching them! We're going to use it as a chance to go for walks at night instead of sitting on the couch watching tv we're not interested in - catch some pokemon around the neighbourhood!

#25 Nobody Cool

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

Oh bugger. Just tried to load it on the iPad but it's for smartphones only.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.