3rd c-section

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Natured

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:40 PM

Hi everyone

Anyone been through a 3rd c-section and how was it?

#2 Kalanchoe

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:44 PM

I've only had 2, but following with interest :)

#3 JK4

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

Hi OP, I have had 4 c sections and my 3rd & 4th were easily the best (my recovery from my 4th was best of all which really surprised me). My first 2 c sections were emergency (had been hoping for VBac) and while I did recover well from these going straight to a booked c section relieved some stress from the situation which I think aided recovery. I had everything out and was just on pain tablets very quickly (c section 4pm, and out of bed with all tubes drips etc removed by 5am & in the shower) which meant I could get up and about early. For me the sooner I had free movement the quicker I felt better. I was really worried going into my 4th c section but all went well and the doctor was pleased with my scarring etc. Best of luck.

#4 lilwonder

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

My third was fine, told I could go for a fourth, all looked fine.But when delivering my fourth on said I couldn't have any more as uterus was so thin she could see baby through it!

Recovery for 2, 3 and 4 was much better than first as they were electives.

#5 EvesCristina

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:27 PM

Edited by EvesCristina, 23 December 2016 - 08:25 PM.

#6 lilwonder

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

EvesCristina, on 06 July 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

I have had 2 c-sections for breech babies & then an emergency c-section for my third baby as I went into labour before the third c-section was due to take place. A comment was made during that third c-section about how thin my uterus was - the words used were "it was like looking through a window" - & that I was lucky not to pursue a VBA2C as I had originally hoped.  

When I quizzed (at a follow up appointment) for further info on this & what it would mean for future pregnancies, I was told not to be concerned - as though it has no bearing?!? I am really confused now & have been unable to make much sense about whether I am at serious risk of uterine rupture if we decide we would like to add to our family... appreciate all insights :)

I'm not really sure, I would clarify again with your ob. It may perhaps be the case of it was thin,but you would be ok to go again as long as you had a guaranteed c section rather than labour? But not really sure.

My ob was quite freaked out being able to see him through the super thin wall, and said we were very lucky it held. I was having tubes tied at same time anyway which she was relieved about because she said we weren't able to have any more.

That said I had sections 2 and 3 twelve months apart so wonder what impact that may have had

#7 EvesCristina

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for the info, lilwonder :) That is a good point about the time lapsed between c-sections. My 2nd & 3rd born bubs are nearly exactly 2 years apart. I would hope that if I allowed more time between the 3rd & possible 4th bub the uterus would have a greater chance of strengthening & avoiding any kind of rupture... But really not sure about whether it is a case of 'once a thin uterus, always a thin uterus'?!?

#8 galba

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:23 PM

I've had 4 elective c-sections all with 2 years gap in between.  All easy, particularly the last one. Out of hospital after 2 nights with no need for pain relief at home.

Edited by galba, 06 July 2016 - 11:24 PM.

#9 Bereckii

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:36 AM

3 c-sections here.

My first (DD1) was emergency c-section.

Three years later, my second (DS) was elective c-section (was aiming for vbac, but there was zero sign of labour so was encouraged to have a c-section at 41+6 weeks)

Two years after that, when pregnant with my third (DD2), the ob commented that the hospital notes from DS's birth indicated a thin uterus. He said that that was most probably due to the fact that the uterus had been affected by being so far past due date. Ob didn't seem too worried about the thin uterus at the end of my second pregnancy affecting my third pregnancy, but was keen on a third c-section rather than entertaining the idea of a vba2c.  DD2 was born by elective c-section a couple of days before her due date.

C-sections and recoveries were all fine. No idea whether a thin uterus was noted for the 3rd pregnancy, so can't comment on whether 'once a thin uterus, always a thin uterus' is true.

#10 Natured

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

Thanks everyone for replying :)

#11 tiggy2

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

I've had 3. My recovery from the 3rd was the fastest and easiest, I knew not to push too hard afterwards as I did with the second and ended up with the scar opening up.

Good luck OP you will be fine.

#12 Natured

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:19 AM

Hi everyone just to update I had my 3rd c section on 3/10 at 35 weeks due to some high risk blood test taken. I had to have a ballon put in as was bleeding heavy due to placenta being low I lost a litre of blood but was ok thankfully. My scar is perfect just like my other 2. Recovery was the best out of all 3. I put it down to healthy eating/keeping fit. Plus my age being older know what to expect and so on.

Edited by Natured, 14 December 2016 - 08:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.