Pregnancy announcement?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 sydowens

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:23 PM

Hello ladies!

Congrats on your pregnancies and wishing you all a smooth journey.

Have you told anyone about your pregnancy yet? When do you plan on doing a FB announcement?

My hubby is finding it hard to keep his mouth shut lol and the entire town probably knows by now lol.

Shortly after getting my BFP I told our mutual close friend and my best friend & a few other close friends who live overseas.  A week later DH told his mother and last week when he had a few drinks he ended up telling others. I can't be mad at him as he's just excited. lol

I don't plan on doing a FB announcement until probably when I start showing and we've done a pregnancy shoot.  We haven't settled on a shoot yet, but i think it would be cute as this is my first baby!

So what are your baby announcement plans?

Edited by sydowens, 13 July 2016 - 12:25 PM.

#2 Ruby2Shoes

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:39 PM

I'm starting to find it a bit hard to keep a lid on it - our first baby too! DH is letting me make all the decisions but I don't know what to do yet.

I've told my best friend and I'll probably tell my mum tonight. I expect we'll tell DH's parents when they next visit in a couple of weeks, because we won't be able to explain why I'm not drinking wine. :)

I'd like to do something cute for them, I think they have been secretly waiting a while for this news haha.

Everyone else I think will wait until 12 weeks, and I'm not sure if I want to do a FB announcement! I have plenty of time to mull over this though :laugh:

#3 sydowens

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:26 PM

It is hard keeping all this excitement yo yourself! haha.

I just want to take out a full page ad or something lol. I've wanted this for so long!!

Any ideas on how you'll announce the news to your husband's parents?

#4 Nutty nut

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:07 PM

Whatever you do, don't feel obliged to come up with a super clever, convoluted, pin interest worthy announcement! It's fine if you want to, but it's also fine to just tell people.

DP has told his mum, because we had to change our holiday from Samoa to Vanuatu at the last minute (Zika virus) and she's the type to notice. We are waiting to see if anyone else is paying that much attention!

EFS

Edited by Red nut, 14 July 2016 - 01:46 PM.

#5 funkymumkey56

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

My sister recently had her 2nd baby, her facebook announcement was cute...she had four chairs lined up in a row, with her DH sitting on the first, her sitting on the second, their 2 year old daughter on the third the a note saying "Baby (Last name)" on the fourth...it was a cute way to announce it to friends.

After my first I haven't got overly excited about making a big deal of it, I've already mentioned to my sister and friend that I feel pregnant and I don't even have a BFP yet!

However with my first I remember being quite calculative in my announcement strategy...although social media wasn't a priority back then.

I suppose there are a lot of factors that influence how you choose to announce each pregnancy depending on the circumstance.

Being my fourth at 41 I don't expect anyone to get too excited...would likely keep it to myself to avoid any negative responses.

#6 Guest_canadianmum_*

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:39 PM

I had my 6th at 41, I am happy for you!

#7 Ruby2Shoes

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:40 PM

View Postsydowens, on 14 July 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

It is hard keeping all this excitement yo yourself! haha.

I just want to take out a full page ad or something lol. I've wanted this for so long!!

Any ideas on how you'll announce the news to your husband's parents?

Haha I know what you mean.

Not sure yet, I think something relatively simple/funny will be good. Like maybe I'll ask MIL to check the oven and there'll be a bun in there. Or we might tell her she needs to crochet a new blanket (she has been doing this endlessly for people with babies and it's become a running joke).

Have you had any more thoughts on your pregnancy shoot?

Funkymumkey, your sister's announcement does sound cute!

#8 MissBelle

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

We sat on the news for a week until we told our parents and siblings - keeping a secret like that is so much harder than I thought! Although my brother and sister guessed because they can read me like a book. I've also told a couple of very close friends as they knew we were trying.

As for FB announcement I'll be holding off for a while - silly me I have a couple of work colleagues as FB friends, and I want to hold off telling work for quite a while. (However, I do have LOTS of photo ideas for this - I think they're just the cutest!)

My sister did the most simple but cute announcement - a photo of 2 large paper clips, 2 small paper clips, and a tiny paper clip inside on of the large ones (for her baby #3). She didn't write anything, just posted the pic and it took a while for some people to realise what it meant haha.

#9 funkymumkey56

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:08 PM

Love your sister's paperclip idea MissBelle. Exciting times.

#10 RockChick22

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

I have a t-shirt for my daughter that says "I'm going to be a big sister!" and I am going to put that on her and take her to see people!

I don't think I will keep this one secret (apart from at work). It doesn't feel as important for people not to know this time. And I would like support if things go wrong (but I don't think they will). That said, I haven't even told my husband yet and he may feel differently.

#11 MrsPotatoHead

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:33 AM

Rockchick22 i just bought an iron on design for a shirt for DD saying the same thing! I'm also going to just put it on her and wait and see how long it takes people to notice! We never did a FB annoincement for #1, we told everyone we needed to and left it at that, the first sign on FB was the photos of my very big belly at my baby shower. We told immediate family at about 5 weeks because it was mothers day and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to make it special so we got cards to "nanna or grandmother" for our mums. Only got my BFP yesterday so not sure when to spill thd news this time!

#12 RockChick22

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:17 AM

I got my bfp yesterday too! It was quite funny seeing my husband's reaction. I got the top ages ago, I had been planning it all along!

#13 The Falcon

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:07 PM

I've told my chiro and will tell my personal trainer tomorrow when I see him but that is it.  Everyone else will wait until 12 weeks except my parents who are going overseas for 2 months when I will be 8/9 weeks so I will tell them before they go.

Its pretty easy to keep secret though as nobody suspects it is even on the cards!

I wont announce on facebook etc until I have told work about it, as I'd hate for them to find out via gossip.  Oh and the kids, I will need to tell them first too.... they will be super excited!!

#14 MerryClumsyXmas

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:28 PM

We've told everyone.  We staggered it over the first few days of knowing.  Immediate family then extended family then my work (they needed to know) then best friends then friends then FB.  
While I'm well aware of the implications of an early announcement, we felt it was right for us as so many people knew we had been struggling for so long to get to even this point and we just wanted to share the joy that we are feeling at finally being pregnant with EVERYBODY.  

Oh, and our announcement was not pinterest worthy.  Just told it like it is.

#15 HeartMyBoys

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:15 AM

Hi
As I've had 4 miscarriages, with the last being after I reached 12 weeks, I'm going to wait until after my 20 week scan to tell everyone. I can get away with it as my family and close friends live interstate. I'll have to tell a couple of friends I've made here because I'll show quickly but that will be it

#16 shanilee

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:36 PM

As soon as I found out I told close family (parents and siblings). Told a couple close friends and have since told a few more friends and a couple of people at work. I don't like keeping it and it feels like it is taking forever to get to a stage where I feel it's not too early to let everyone at work know. I can't do an FB announcement until I'm happy for everyone at work to know since I have work mates on my FB. Maybe ince I've had my 12 week scan and I have a pic to show!

#17 Offspring

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:57 PM

This is our first, I am 8 weeks and we still haven't told anyone yet..

We just want to wait until the first scan then want to tell family first then maybe tell some close friends before 12 weeks and then everyone else as we see them I suppose..

:)

#18 phalf

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

I've told my best friend and my Mum. Everyone else can wait until we get the results of the blood test and scans back at 11ish weeks. Although I will be 9w4d at my MIL's 60th bday party so dh might let it slip. I have a photo in mind for our FB announcement (if ds1 cooperates)

#19 Perth_mumma

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:35 PM

Im 9weeks haven't told anyone except my 18 month old daughter & hubby. I had to wait two weeks for him to get home from work - that was a killer!! I thought I was going insane, but I manager to hold out because i really wanted to tell him in person (bubba #2 is a totally unplanned surprise). I thought up all these fun ways of telling him but then as soon as he stepped in the door & hugged me my heart was racing so much he could feel it through my chest so I blurted it out :) think I'll wait until 12 week scan or maybe fathers day to tell parents (fathers day marks 12wks)

#20 laciem

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:46 PM

We told parents at 6 weeks, mostly because I needed someone to talk to about it other than my partner and GP.

I'm 12 weeks now and will start telling people after the result of a scan at 13 weeks and NIPT test.

Either I am very bloated or starting to show though and I hope it doesn't get too much more obvious before we get the results.

Edited by laciem, 18 August 2016 - 07:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.