Final Update :(

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 Fennel Salad

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:14 PM

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Fly free little man

Edited by Feral Fennel Salad, 22 July 2016 - 10:58 PM.

#102 ponky

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:26 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, thinking of you and your family xx

#103 LambChop

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:31 PM

Fly free Benji, look after your Mum, she rocks <3 <3  So sorry mez, no parent should have to go through that.  You will miss him forever but I know you will find the peace at the other side to carry this sadness with you and use it to create a positive outcome.

Take care.

#104 Mumof32b!

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:37 PM

So sorry for your loss, RIP little man xx

#105 Astrocyte

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:39 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful son. Thinking of you and your family at this most difficult and devastating time.

RIP Benjamin :heart:

#106 silver-rain

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:49 PM

Oh no, Mez, my heart sank when I saw your name at the top of this post, I'm so very sorry to read your update. Thank you for sharing your beautiful boy with us, he'll be in the hearts and thoughts of people all over EB tonight.

Fly free precious Benjamin, forever 6 <3

#107 mumto4boys

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:15 PM

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'm sure that I can't even begin to imagine how devastating it must be. Benjamin certainly sounds like he fought hard. Fly free now little one.

#108 mez70

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

Thanks everyone,
He is flying high with a lot of children from EB who I have known through their parents over the years, sadly the list is so long, but I know he is free from pain and suffering.

VSK has been amazing as provided a save sanctuary and beautiful place to pass, their continued support has been simply inspiring. I have also gained life long friends with 2 wonderful people who were part of creating his Wish through Make a wish. These guys have connected with us and the family so well. One especially has reached my DD which is so great as I know she will a great support to her.

Today marks 2 weeks and the grief still hits in waves of highs and lows. Yesterday I went to work for a few hours and it was such a relief and haven. However I am not going back permanently for a while as I work in a primary school (yesterday was curriculum day and staff training)

Aiming for beginning of September for that and thinking of running away fro a trip to Hawaii before I go back just to debrief and relax and cry. Brain Cancer and all cancer truly sux, but I do take comfort in the fact he is now pain free, and fully able to do what ever he wants.

#109 mum2brodie

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

I am heart broken to read this update today.
I am so sorry that your little fighter has grown his Angel wings.

#110 The 8th Plum

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:56 PM

I am so sorry Mez. Thinking of your son Benjamin and your family at this devastating time.

#111 .Jerry.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

Rest up Mez and take care of yourself.
Cancer does suck. :(

#112 HaveHope

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. Please take care of yourself. X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.