George Pell under investigation for sexual assault

• Please log in to reply
1336 replies to this topic

#1 Lunafreya

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:46 PM

Why isn't this a topic yet?

http://abc.net.au/ne...tigated/7667260

Came out last night on the 7.30 report that Victoria Police were investigating a number of complaints.

Pell the slimey so and so he is, says it's a smear campaign by the police and the ABC.

Disgusting man.

#2 seayork2002

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

Because we are not shocked? And he has been discussed numerous times

#3 nori_roll

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:48 PM

I was wondering why this hasn't come up today - I saw this last night on 7.30 - it's been a year long investigation and the police are taking it seriously. Does not surprise me in the least, sadly. So sad for all the victims of these horrendous predators and their families and communities.

#4 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:48 PM

View Postseayork2002, on 28 July 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

Not quite like this ....

But yes - interesting turn of events.

#5 Dirty Cat

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

George pell is a vile and gutless man. Working hurt him to man up and tell the truth

#6 ali27

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

He should already have been charged for his complicity in other offences.

#7 kadoodle

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

Worst kept secret in the country. We should buy everyone in Ballarat some tar and feathers to get the b*st*rd with.

#8 Hayleymumof3

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:22 PM

View Postseayork2002, on 28 July 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

For the first time ever I agree with seayork, It all the talks we have had about this subject of the royal commission we have discussed the possibility that he was involved, You can't get that high up and NOT know that this was going on.

To find out that he is under investigation is of no shock to anyone, it wasn't a matter of if but when he would be investigated for his own crimes.

#9 SplashingRainbows

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:27 PM

What's that saying"bird of a feather flock together".

He's been too close to too many pedophiles for anyone to think he wasn't part of it himself.

#10 AliasMater

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

I'd be shocked if he was innocent.

I feel for the victims. Not only for what they had to endure, but also that Pell will drag them through the mud.

#11 Expelliarmus

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:46 PM

I thought he already was ... :shrug:

#12 hyperion

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:20 PM

Everything I've read about him (and I've spoken o a few people who knew him) have suggested that he was self interested, fiercely ambitious, very focused on his career in the church, and was primarily focused on covering up and maintaining the church's reputation.

TBH I'm a little surprised that he would jeopardise his career.

#13 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

Claims he was complicit in a cover up - or ought to have known - are not new. Claims (and they are just claims - allegations at this stage) that he was a perpetrator himself are new.

Well - newish. A claim had surfaced a while ago - but nothing came of it.

#14 purplekitty

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:27 PM

View Posthyperion, on 28 July 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

Everything I've read about him (and I've spoken o a few people who knew him) have suggested that he was self interested, fiercely ambitious, very focused on his career in the church, and was primarily focused on covering up and maintaining the church's reputation.

I've thought it was possible there may have been something from his early years but I agree once he was on an ambitious career path he was too cunning to have any skeletons in the closet.

#15 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:09 PM

I can't say I'm surprised.

#16 AsperHacker

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:18 PM

View Posthyperion, on 28 July 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

And he's extremely egocentric, believes he's untouchable and clearly has a warped view of everything. I don't think he thought he was jeapodisong his career... which makes it that bit more sick.

Eta jeapodisong is not a word autocorrect. Jeopardising.

Edited by AspoHacko, 28 July 2016 - 10:20 PM.

#17 BadCat

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:21 PM

Given how protective they are of their dodgy priests, I doubt it would have crossed his mind that it could be bad for his career.

#18 nup

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

View PostLucrezia Borgia, on 28 July 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

Claims he was complicit in a cover up - or ought to have known - are not new. Claims (and they are just claims - allegations at this stage) that he was a perpetrator himself are new.

Well - newish. A claim had surfaced a while ago - but nothing came of it.

Not entirely new. People have been well aware of these events and they were made public in 2002. Nothing came of it because the Catholic machine driven by Pell entirely discredited it. Now there are alleged victims dead and multiple others.

#19 Gudrun

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:55 PM

Agree with FS.  Moved him to the 'big parish' in the way they move/d the other offenders around.

#20 gabbigirl

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:31 AM

How dare he now smear the victims. such a revolting man. Good luck to the Victorian police, they would have known what he would do so I imagine their case is pretty tight. P

#21 Mistletoe Kisses

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:30 AM

I just knew, watching his testimony during the RC, that he was more than just a patsy in it all...

#22 BetteBoop

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:16 AM

Pell has a long history of protecting pedophiles and publicly attacking their victims. I'd be stunned if he wasn't a pervert.

#23 beastie

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:39 AM

Innocent until proven guilty is probably a better way of looking at Pell.

#24 seayork2002

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:02 AM

View Postbeastie, on 29 July 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

Innocent until proven guilty is probably a better way of looking at Pell.

If he was totally innocent of covering up sexual abuse I could see your point

#25 Esseffaz

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:22 AM

Has the Catholic church made a statement about this?

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.