Due April 2017 - Hello!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
240 replies to this topic

#201 AS2015

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:53 PM

Wendy+ Also depending on your travel insurance 99% do not cover Zika. So I'm not getting my money back for not going. But the other side is, that if you were to go and contract Zika over there , then they will not pay your medical bills.

#202 FTM85

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:22 PM

Hi everyone,

My husband and I got out BFP a week ago and it's been super exciting! It was our second month TTC#1 so it happened more quickly than I thought. We're due 21st April based on LMP, but the GP didn't say anything about a dating scan, so I won't be having one until 12 weeks I don't think...don't know how I'm meant to wait that long!

Looking forward to getting to know you all on this journey! xx

#203 Bearington

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:33 PM

Hi there! Finally got our BFP after trying for #2 for 9 months and just waiting on a dating scan to confirm due date around April 22. I'm having some pretty intense cramps that come and go. I know some cramping is normal but after wanting this baby so badly I'm scared it's not a good sign. Is anyone else having cramps that are more than you would consider 'light'?

#204 alchetta

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:52 PM

Bearington, congratulations! I'm only about ten days ahead of you. I had incredibly painful cramps quite regularly all through week 4. They petered out in week 5 and dropped down to about twice a day for about 15 minutes. I'm talking doubled over in pain, writing them down because I was worried and all these sites were saying for severe cramping go to emergency, but it passed. My GP insisted everything is fine so long as there is no bleeding, and that it's probably just my uterus stretching. 6w now and still getting a bad cramp once or twice a day, but now it seems to be more associated with needing to go to the toilet or gas from either end! Good luck, but googling tells me that lots of people have had cramping then normal pregnancy...

#205 **Xena**

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:35 PM

View PostAS2015, on 18 August 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

**Xena** -Congratulations. This is only baby#2 for me but I would love a big family. How old are your other children?

I have two boys: Sebastian 12 and Ethan 10 and then two girls: Ashley 8 and Willow 1 (13 months). Originally we were stopping at 3 but we got our second wind :lol: I really love having a big family and can't wait to meet this little one.

#206 Bearington

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:38 PM

That's a relief to hear. Thank you! I think I'm just overthinking it all. I haven't had anything for hours now so surely if it was something serious it wouldn't just go away like that. Hope they continue to disappear for you!

#207 FTM85

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:51 PM

Does anyone else not have any symptoms yet? I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow and have nothing...is that normal?

#208 alchetta

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:46 PM

Only just started with nausea this week FTM, at 6w. Everyone told me it kicks in at 6w, I thought meh, maybe I got away with it. Then all of a sudden like clockwork, bleeeeuuuuhhhh! Taking 2 hours to do a 5 minute task because I can't decide if I need to run to the bathroom or not and then go in search of something I can eat because I get starving all of a sudden and feel really sick until I eat! I had nothing until now except for those hideous cramps and unbelievably painful boobs.

#209 OLEM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:26 AM

Stephanie, that is a terrible thing to go through. I'm glad the nurse was on the ball. Good luck finding a different GP.

Wendy, I don't have advice other than ask your GP. It sounds like the others have given good advice.

FTM85, no symptoms can be completely normal. I've known several people to breeze through pregnancy, including my sister, with no morning sickness, pain etc.

#210 AS2015

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:39 AM

FTM85- The average time that nausea starts is 6weeks. That being said with my DS who is 8 months old, I had not morning sickness or anything. People told me I was "lucky" but because I didn't feel pregnant I was worried something was wrong. I'm currently 5w+2d, so will be interesting to see if I'm sick this time.

#211 eigne

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

I'm going to cautiously dip my toe into this group. I got a BFP on Tuesday which became significantly stronger when I retested this morning. Nice to meet you all!

I think I'm 4w+2d but I'm seeing the GP late next week for confirmation. So far my symptoms are a "full" feeling in my pelvic area and reasonably sore breasts.

#212 OLEM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

Welcome eigne. Good luck at the GP :)

#213 RunningRuby

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

FTM85, no symptoms is completely normal. I didn't have any symptoms either until I hit the 6 week mark. And now I just want to sleep and eat and vomit at the same time. Enjoy the time while you're not having any symptoms!

Welcome to all the newbies in here! (Eigne, great to see you!!)

#214 stephanie1984

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:04 PM

Bearington,

I have pretty bad cramps too....I get them on and off, sometimes they are like period pains and sometimes they are like sharp pains. I think it's just everything stretching out.

#215 Loxoli

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

Hi all,

I haven't had a chance to read all the replies yet but I thought I'd say hello and tell you all about myself.

I got a BFP on 12/8, which I was surprised about because we DTD 6 days before ovulating, so I thought we wouldn't have a chance this month. Very thankful though. I have a scan booked for 9/9 and should be due around 20/4.

The only symptom I have had so far is sore breasts. I have a 19 month old who I'm breastfeeding so I think it's probably worse than the first pregnancy because of that, but that's ok.

I had HG with my first pregnancy that lasted from 7 weeks until I gave birth at 38 weeks. I'm trying to be positive and tell myself it won't happen this time 😬.

All the best for the next few weeks ladies 😊

EFS

Edited by Loxoli, 19 August 2016 - 02:29 PM.

#216 Wendy+

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:01 PM

Thanks ladies for all the comments and advises. We decided to cancel the holiday to Thailand; better safe than sorry. We were lucky the hotels cancelled without payments.

#217 Wendy+

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:05 PM

View Posteigne, on 19 August 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

I'm going to cautiously dip my toe into this group. I got a BFP on Tuesday which became significantly stronger when I retested this morning. Nice to meet you all!

I think I'm 4w+2d but I'm seeing the GP late next week for confirmation. So far my symptoms are a "full" feeling in my pelvic area and reasonably sore breasts.

Welcome Eigne, my app says am also 4w+2d. My symptoms are ++++fatigue and frequent urination

#218 eigne

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:01 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about the tiredness... That too!

#219 Julzoz

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:11 AM

Hello, I hope you don't mind if I join in. I will probably be a little bit quiet Until 12 weeks as I have some family on here who don't know yet.

This is Bub number 2 for us, it took a long time to conceive him so with this one we decided to just be relaxed and it happened. I think I am due around 26 April. Dr has given me a referral to get a dating scan but the place isn't sure if they will have a technician so I just have to wait and see lol.

#220 eigne

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

Ok, I need some advice about telling my parents. For various reasons, I have two options to tell them face to face:
1. Tell them tomorrow even though I haven't been to the doctor yet and I will be at most 5 weeks along
2. Tell them in early October when I'd be around 10 weeks

I don't want to tell them over the phone because it's the first grandchild and I'm excited! But it's just so very early...

I'd be happy to wait til October except that they have a month long holiday planned from the end of April so I was thinking it might be better for them to know earlier so they can start changing the dates?

DH will be telling his parents in about a month.

What does everyone think?

#221 Bearington

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

For various reasons we had to let our families know really early for our first baby and our only option was to tell them over the phone. I would have really preferred to have told them in person though.

If it was me, I would be telling them early (as long as they could keep the news to themselves) as by 10 weeks with #1 I was so ill and not enjoying the pregnancy. It was great to have shared our news when I could also be excited with them and then I had their support when I became unwell.

As far as their holiday goes, I think there is still enough time between October and April for them to be able to make any changes if you wanted to wait.  If they're anything like my family they would want to take the month off and move in with you! Hahaha be careful

#222 FTM85

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:06 PM

Thanks everyone for your input, good to know that it's fine to not feel anything yet! I think because we're all in the same DIG I feel we're at the same stage, but I suppose this early on a few weeks apart makes a big difference in terms of symptoms!

#223 FTM85

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:12 PM

Eigne, we told my parents when we found out at four weeks! I was so excited I just wanted to share the news. I'm finding it great that they know already and don't see it as a negative at all. We also told DH's parents at 4 weeks because he also wanted to share it with his family. That was over Skype though as they live in another country and we might not see them in person until about 14weeks.

#224 Loxoli

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

Could I be sent the details of the FB group, please? 😊

#225 Caribou

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:51 PM

View PostFTM85, on 20 August 2016 - 05:06 PM, said:

Thanks everyone for your input, good to know that it's fine to not feel anything yet! I think because we're all in the same DIG I feel we're at the same stage, but I suppose this early on a few weeks apart makes a big difference in terms of symptoms!

I was feeling nausea but that's moved into aching legs and boobs getting fuller and sore each day. My leg cramps are so bad! And for some reason I'm incredibly cold all the time. I think it's my blood pressure is dropping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.