Due April 2017 - Hello!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
240 replies to this topic

#226 SunshineKate

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

Hi guys, I just got my bfp today, due date calculator says I am 4weeks. I've had no symptoms so far, only did the test as AF is super regular and I'm 2 days late and got a birthday tonight so thought I best had do a test "just incase" before I have a big night out!
I've had sore boobs and bloating/slight cramps so had thought that was just AF symptoms til now
Now I've spent the whole day researching as I had a really laid back approach to TTC 😂
I've only done the one test so hoping it's correct, didn't post a pic as I wasn't sure on rules but the line is pretty strong so hopefully that's a good sign!

Edited by SunshineKate, 20 August 2016 - 06:58 PM.

#227 Wendy+

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:58 PM

View PostSunshineKate, on 20 August 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

Hi guys, I just got my bfp today, due date calculator says I am 4weeks. I've had no symptoms so far, only did the test as AF is super regular and I'm 2 days late and got a birthday tonight so thought I best had do a test "just incase" before I have a big night out!
I've had sore boobs and bloating/slight cramps so had thought that was just AF symptoms til now
Now I've spent the whole day researching as I had a really laid back approach to TTC
I've only done the one test so hoping it's correct, didn't post a pic as I wasn't sure on rules but the line is pretty strong so hopefully that's a good sign!

Welcome to the group and congratulations!!!

#228 Wendy+

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:05 PM

View Posteigne, on 20 August 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

Ok, I need some advice about telling my parents. For various reasons, I have two options to tell them face to face:
1. Tell them tomorrow even though I haven't been to the doctor yet and I will be at most 5 weeks along
2. Tell them in early October when I'd be around 10 weeks

I don't want to tell them over the phone because it's the first grandchild and I'm excited! But it's just so very early...

I'd be happy to wait til October except that they have a month long holiday planned from the end of April so I was thinking it might be better for them to know earlier so they can start changing the dates?

DH will be telling his parents in about a month.

What does everyone think?

I think either way, you can't go wrong. I could not hold the news from my family who are overseas and told them by phone two day after I found out and on the same night I told DH.
DH will wait a month to tell his family who are here.
October to April is 6months , which gives ample time to change travel plans, so if you can wait to tell them face to face,I'll go for that.

#229 OLEM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:30 AM

Welcome SunshineKate, congratulations :)

#230 Bellablu78

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:02 AM

Welcome to the new ladies!
How has everyone been feeling?
AFM if hit 8 weeks and still very nauseous and fatigued. I've been struggling to eat and drink, but know I need to force myself to. I decided to change from shared care to private. During the week after ringing the local public hospital 3 days in a row and leaving messages to not have them return the call, have first OB appointment on 29th, actually feel really happy that I changed the local private hospital is great and friends have all had great experiences there.

#231 SarahVandooo

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:20 AM

Hi ladies just introducing my self, got a bfp on Wednesday! Due end of April with baby no 3! Super excited! Have a 3 year old and 19 month old.

Only symptom (apart from a random bout of nausea Wednesday) is being super tired, but obviously that's probably mostly caused by my toddlers lol.

We will definitely be going public, my local hospital is amazing and cannot fault their care at all.

Yet to book in for bloods but will do that this week, can't wait for my 12 week ultrasound!

Edited by SarahVandooo, 21 August 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#232 SunshineKate

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys :)
Has anyone got a strong positive test at 12dpo? The test I did yesterday has quite a strong line but when I look online it's says I should get a faint line at 12dpo and when I compare with others they are only very faint in comparison!
I know it's a silly thing to worry about but now I feel a little confused

#233 Jackrabbit

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:33 AM

I wouldn't worry too much. Go to your Dr and get a blood test and then you will know what your levels are.

#234 Bellablu78

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:35 AM

At 11dpo my BFP was just a tad fainter than the control line and at 13dpo was as strong if not stronger than the control line, my HCG was fairly high with this pregnancy I was worried about it being twins, but at 7 week dating scan only 1 sac was found :) hopefully it's a nice strong bean :)

#235 SunshineKate

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Bellablu78 :)
Definitely will go to the doctors Jackrabbit, just that I only found out and being the weekend haven't had a chance to go yet, and googling is too tempting haha

#236 SimTM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostSunshineKate, on 21 August 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

Thanks for the welcome guys :)
Has anyone got a strong positive test at 12dpo? The test I did yesterday has quite a strong line but when I look online it's says I should get a faint line at 12dpo and when I compare with others they are only very faint in comparison!
I know it's a silly thing to worry about but now I feel a little confused

I got a feint line at 11DPO and 12DPO on Internet cheapies and a strong line on the first response in the afternoon at 12DPO without holding urine

#237 briandrea

Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:37 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit surprised and excited to be joining this DIG!

On Friday my period was a couple of days late so I tested and received a very unexpected but strong :BFP:

We were going to start trying for this babe later in the year so it's a bit of a surprise but we're thrilled!

This will be child number 4 for us, but I've had several losses in the past so fingers are crossed for everything to go well. I haven't seen a doc yet, I don't think I'll do bloods this time, and I haven't decided on whether I want an early scan or not. I believe I'm due late april, around the 27th.

Edited by ~A2~, 24 August 2016 - 08:35 PM.

#238 **Xena**

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:50 PM

Sunshine Kate I got a dark positive at 10dpo and then I did a clear blue test at 11dpo and got pregnant 2-3weeks :lol:

Congratulations Briandrea x

Eigne I think either would be fine, so I'd just go with your gut :)

Haven't had much pregnancy symptoms except bloating :( I think that may also be due to the iron tablets I started. Im also really tired but I was before the pregnancy due to house renovations and kids so I'm not sure of that is pregnancy either. I'm actually hoping for some morning sickness which seems ridiculous :lol:

#239 Sam 84

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:40 PM

Wowsers this thread has really taken off since I last posted! Welcome to all the new mummas!

Stephanie- what a stressful situation for you to go through- and one that could have been avoided with a competent GP :(

We had our dating scan on Friday and dates are spot on, so 8 weeks today :) saw the heartbeat too :)

We told our parents over the weekend, not planning on telling anyone else until the 12 week mark.

#240 SimTM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

CLOSED :) :)

Please got to the new post here:
http://www.essential...17-chat-thread/

Edited by SimTM, 22 August 2016 - 04:20 PM.

#241 MerryClumsyXmas

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

Hi,
I've been in the "Due in March" group but I've officially been bumped into Early April so I will hop between the two groups.  Hope that's alright.  The March group has been so supportive of my early scares that have gotten me to this point which is....

First pregnancy.
8 weeks tomorrow
161bpm
DH & i had been trying for 2 and a half years then, just as we were beginning to lose hope, we fell pregnant naturally ON HOLIDAY.  *cue everybody saying "we told you so" *
Had a full on threatened miscarriage a few weeks ago.
Still have a hemorrhage thing going on but it is almost all re-absorbed now according to today's u/s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.