Due April 2017 - Hello!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
240 replies to this topic

#51 alchetta

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:16 PM

Sooos - we are quite sure we will have nipt, GP told me $500. We don't have phi so I feel like I can justify the cost based on not paying for private!

I'm going for a dating scan on the 26th, GP didn't really say it was optional, I know my dates but want to see heartbeat and check it's just one (think I'd freak out if it's twins). Ultrasound place said it will be $201 and Medicare will give me $50 back.

Good luck with all the ambiguity... I always thought this would be such an exciting time which it is, but it's also nerve wracking and I'm finding myself wishing the first tri away so I can tell everyone and hopefully relax a little. Trying to focus on our relationship since it's the end of this chapter as a childless couple!

#52 teatime

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:39 PM

Hi everyone! Congratulations!! I'm nervously joining the group with baby #3 due around 9th April. Nervous because I've had 5 miscarriages throughout my journey to becoming a  Mumma. I have 2 boys aged 5 and almost 3. Would love another boy (that's all I know!) but have a feeling this one might be pink...
Dating scan on tues then first OB appt. the tues after.
I'm still in touch with both my other DIGs and they are awesome so here's to an uneventful and sticky 8 or so months and many laughs and stories shared once bubs are here! x

#53 sooos

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

alchetta - I am also going public. I had my 13 week US done at a private place with my son and it was an amazing experience. Went to a bulk billed place for my 20 week one and it was horrible. The guy didn't speak to me the entire time, couldn't see the screen and I remember feeling awful. So this time I am having all my US at the private place again. Quite expensive but like you said am going public so feel like I can justify the cost! But they recommend the dating scan after 7 weeks so it feels like so long away!

Welcome Teatime! I am the same, my old DIG is full of wonderful ladies and we just had an interstate catch up which was amazing.

#54 AS2015

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:23 PM

teatime- I only have one boy but it feels strange that I may end up parenting a girl. Plus I have so many boys clothes that my chunky son didn't even get to wear. Another boy would be cheaper but either way I don't mind.

I also have an amazing DIG. My son is only 8 months so it is still very active in there.

#55 missywoo

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:47 PM

Hi ladies!

I'm also planning on going public and RWH. I had my son there in 2015 and they were great!

So I had my blood test yesterday and they said 48 hours... I'm going to go tomorrow and hope they're ready.

Edited by missywoo, 10 August 2016 - 03:48 PM.

#56 SimTM

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:51 PM

alchetta - ohh not long for the scan then! :) I think mine is the 19th but waiting for the paperwork to come through in the mail from the OB !! Im sure it will all go smoothly for you! there are few of us here who have kids so don't feel like any question you want to ask is silly -we have all been there

welcome Teatime!!! Lets cross everything for an uneventful 12 weeks for everyone :) I'm still in touch with most of my DIG (9 years on!) I was excited to join another DIG after such a long time

soos - i wondered that about private vs public o/s... i had one say everything was fine and the next (the next day) it was all over - not sure why the first didn't pick anything up - quite frustrating!! i think i will look into finding a private place too... i don't think my nerves can take that again!

Hi Missywoo!!! good luck with the bloods - hopefully they're back tomorrow for you! I got mine done around 4pm and the ob rang me at 1 the next day with the results :)

Quick qu - what qualifies someone as 'high risk' i have been looking around and good old google has mixed answers! after all the talk of RWH last night i looked into it and it seems that there are 3 tertiary hospitals that high risk women go to - RWH, Mercy and Monash....

#57 pluto

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostSimTM, on 10 August 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

Quick qu - what qualifies someone as 'high risk' i have been looking around and good old google has mixed answers! after all the talk of RWH last night i looked into it and it seems that there are 3 tertiary hospitals that high risk women go to - RWH, Mercy and Monash....

For me, my first pregnancy I required a blood transfusion at 38 weeks due to my iron levels being super super low and if I'd gone into labour with such low levels it would have been very dangerous (bleeding out).
Second pregnancy I had uncontrollable gestational diabetes which meant I was induced early as insulin wasn't keeping my levels under control.
I had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured a tube and I was haemorrhaging internally for a week before I knew I was pregnant!!  Had emergency surgery where I was fully opened up.  

I was told after baby 1 any future pregnancies would be classed as high risk and I got told that again after my second then the ectopic.
I think complications in previous pregnancies class you as high risk.

#58 RunningRuby

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

Missywoo, hopefully you hear back soon!

Regarding public vs private US, I had to have an US for a different matter last year and was referred to a public place and hated it. I told my GP that and she has given me a referral for a private US this time (at Frances Perry House). It's expensive but I much rather be in a comfortable environment, especially with the first one!

It's so nice to know some of you are also going to the RWH. I keep being told I should go private but that's mostly by people who had their kids years ago or in different areas or my DH who just thinks the care would be better in a private hospital. He has already told me I need to be prepared to defend my choice when we tell my MIL, but tbh I don't think she gets to have a say (she is lovely but might also think private is better care). I have only heard positives about the RWH and like that the Neo-Natal unit is right next door should anything happen, touch wood!

As far as symptoms go, no MS yet, I keep eating A LOT though and try to exercise moderately every other day at least. But fatigue is kicking in, I can't stop yawning today!

#59 SimTM

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

Far out Pluto - thats full on!!!!

i didn't have any probs with DD (apart from low platelets ) and a M/C at 9+4 in april (never found out why)
but I'll be 37 and have ulcerate colitis  - not sure if that counts or not! A qu for the OB i think :)

#60 _Alana_

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:40 PM

Hi everyone..

Also very super tired here. OH works night shift and sleeps 6pm till 11pm than goes into work. He has dinner cooked for when i get home at 6pm for me and the kids. I started eating and must have looked so exhausted he said, goodluck with them tonight !!!

I am unsure which hospital i will be going to at this stage ( NSW) i am high risk as my second bub was a prem.

I just want to sleep and sleep.

Off for the blood test tomorrow

Pretty sure we will do the harmony test this time , mostly for the gender.
We arent announcing this baby as such to friends because i dont want to hear about hoping its a girl the whole time ( already have 2 boys )

#61 freenc29

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:37 PM

Hi everyone :D To my shock, I got a BFP last Thursday and am due on 10th April according to LMP. I am heading into the doctors tomorrow for confirmation and bloods etc. So much has changed since my first 2 bubs and it feels like my first pregnancy again haha.

My youngest now is nearly 11 yrs old and I have had some miscarriages after him but I am praying everything goes to plan and I am feeling very blessed at the moment :) I am not feeling too bad, just tired and a little queasy here and there.

I live in Townsville Qld and am going through the public system.

I look forward to getting to know you all when I get the chance to be online :D

#62 Wanting#3

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:56 AM

Good luck ladies for a happy and healthy 8 months, I started spotting last night and has gotten heavier this morning 😥😥 bye for now 👋👋

#63 SimTM

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:59 AM

Wanting#3 - oh no!! I hope it's nothing serious
I'll keep everything crossed for you

#64 Bek&H

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:14 AM

Hello everyone ive come to join :)

Found out two days ago im finally pregnant with my 3rd after trying for over a year :) ds2 was born at 24 weeks with mutliple abnormalities that were incompatible with life :( so i am praying this baby is healthy and just want to fast forward until 12 weeks so i know this little one is okay!!

Starting to feel so tired and naseous already! Going to try and get into the doctors today or tomorrow to get bloods to confirm :)

#65 sooos

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:18 AM

Oh no Wanting#3. Did you get your bloods back yet?

Welcome Bek&H! I wish we had a window into our uterus to let us know that everything is ok in there!! It's likely my last pregnancy so don't want to wish away time - but I am so impatient and just want to see my little bubby at my dating scan!

#66 SimTM

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:25 AM

Welcome Bek&H! Hoping everything goes smoothly for you this time :)

#67 Bek&H

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:26 AM

Me too sooos! If only we could see in or they could send us a message to know they are all good haha i am the same im trying to enjoy these early stages but at the same time i just wanna fast forward!  Cant wait until i get a belly! Pregnancy is always so uncomfortable for me but i LOVE it at the same time :) bring on the scans and beautiful baby bellys!!!!

#68 Wanting#3

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:35 AM

Not sure what's going on the bleeding has pretty much stopped and is only light in colour?

I will ring the doctors today

#69 SimTM

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:54 AM

View PostWanting#3, on 11 August 2016 - 07:35 AM, said:

Not sure what's going on the bleeding has pretty much stopped and is only light in colour?

Hopefully this is a good sign!!! maybe it was just implantation?

#70 RunningRuby

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:40 AM

Oh no Wanting#3, I really hope it turns out to be just implantation bleeding or just unexplained bleeding and everything is ok. Fingers crossed for you!

#71 pluto

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostWanting#3, on 11 August 2016 - 07:35 AM, said:

Fingers crossed for you hon xx.  I had pretty much a full AF at about 5 weeks with my first daughter and she ended up fine so bleeding doesn't mean it's over.

#72 AS2015

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:32 AM

Wanting#3 Fingers crossed for a sticky bubba.

#73 AS2015

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

I had my first doctors appointment this morning. It was quite frustrating as she wouldn't listen when I said I can't be 5 weeks today. She dated me off my LMP even when I stressed to her that my cycles have been 35 days since my son and I know pretty much to the day when I ovulated. I am more like 4w+1d. Then I asked for blood test to confirm pregnancy and she said if you have had a hpt that's all you need. I asked her to run them anyway, as she already wanted to check my immunity levels. When I got home I realised if it's just the one blood test then obviously she didn't want to check my hcg was rising.
So now I think I should just find a new GP and start again.

#74 RunningRuby

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:24 AM

Oh AS2015 that does sound frustrating! But I think with the one blood test they check for a whole range of things. I was only meant to have one too and it checked for immunisations, hcg, thyroid etc.
But I think it's important you feel comfortable with your GP so changing might be something to look at anyway.

#75 KaseyR

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:22 PM

Hi ladies, got my bfp last Friday and based on my cycles I'm also due around 14th of April, I can see quite a few others are as well! This just happens to be 4 days after my husband and 1 day after my birthday so if that's right it will be a very hectic week!
This is our first child as well! Going back to the doctors for results on further blood tests and stuff this afternoon!

Can't wait to get to know all of you! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.