Screw you cancer and chemo (side effects).

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MummyHILI

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:13 PM

Deleted. Thanks for reading and for all your kind words xo

Edited by MummyHILI, 15 August 2016 - 09:08 AM.

#2 Anon wife

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

That sounds pretty horrible & definitely vent worthy!

It's not fair!!!

Hopefully you'll be feeling well enough to play with your babes soon:)

Please keep us updated on your progress, have been thinking of you(not in a stalker kinda way).

Well done for getting through so far & wishing you better times ahead xx

#3 Lifesgood

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:48 PM

I'm sorry OP, I hope you start to feel better soon and that someone is looking after you.

How many more rounds to go?

Wishing you the best of outcomes. :bighug:

#4 fluffybun

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:05 PM

Vent away OP chemo sucks I hope this final round doesn't take too much out of you and you can get back to enjoying your babies ASAP xxx :bighug:

#5 MummyHILI

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

Thank you everyone,your virtual hugs mean a lot :-)
Littleboysrock, its so lovely to know that an internet 'random' cares. The chemo is doing exactly what it should be which is why i am trying to only curse the side effects ;-) The oncologist was very happt with my progress after three chemo sessions.
I have 12 more to go! I am assured that they will not knock me around the way the first four have :-)

#6 Lifesgood

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:35 PM

I'm glad the oncologist is happy with your progress OP :)

And you are 1/4 of the way through, that's something.

Come back and vent again whenever you need to. Cancer sucks in a big way and so does the treatment.

#7 Therese

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:42 PM

Vent away OP.  We are always here to listen.

I hope the rest of your treatment does what it needs to without giving you too many side effects.

#8 andieinvic

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:12 PM

Thinking of you OP - it sounds like you are getting good care and glad to hear that progress is good.  Sucks that you have to go through the side effects though - very valid vent.  Take care of yourself and let people know when you need to be looked after.

#9 Mishu

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:20 PM

I'm sorry this has been so tough on you, I hope the rest of your treatment is much easier xx

#10 mum2brodie

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:29 PM

Vent away hun.  I am on round 19 of three different chemos plus immune therapy.  I have chemo every two weeks for 3 days straight.  Its toxic crap.  It messes with your head.  I have to be on it for the rest of my life.  As it what is keeping me alive.

It sux that only people who have done chemo can understand it all.  Some days, I just want it all to stop and go back to my old life of precancer.

It sounds like you are heading towards the finish line.  Just stay focused on that.

Good luck with your treatment. xx

#11 siemp

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

I'm sorry. It sucks

#12 mumto4boys

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

Well here's another internet random thinking of you OP.

Thankfully I haven't been through what you are going through myself but from all accounts, chemo is bloody hard work.

Keep your eye on the end goal! Your doctor is pleased with your progress so it sounds like it's working.

Vent whenever you need to, it completely sucks and is unfair. We'll be here to listen.

#13 MummyHILI

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:06 AM

Thanks everyone.
I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through mum2brodie,  I can't even begin to imagine.
Sending you much love and strength xo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.