Due in Apr 2017 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#1 ~A2~

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:21 PM

Hi everyone

Congratulations on your pregnancies.

Apologies for the delay in opening the group.

Here is a chat thread for you all to chat to each other and introduce yourselves.  I will start a new thread each time the post count reaches 100+ posts.

Please take a second the read the guidelines and information posted for this area and let me know if you have any questions etc.

Kind regards

Ali

EB/EK Moderator

#2 SimTM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

Gold!

Thanks Ali :)

#3 MrsG2

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

Silver. Dipping my toe in here very tentatively. Had a positive hcg test yesterday (ivf pregnancy) but going for a repeat beta on Wednesday to check its all ok. Very very nervous at this point ...

#4 **Xena**

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:51 PM

Good luck MrsG2 my everything is crossed for you x

#5 SimTM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

lets try to get this thread going instead :)

#6 Caribou

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:23 PM

Hello ladies!!

#7 RunningRuby

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

Told my boss at work today as I'll be finishing my job soon anyway. She was super excited for me, so that's good news!
Struggling a bit today, I was awake for 1.5hrs between 4am-5:30am, so of course tired today. Got a headache and feeling slightly nauseous, but only two bouts of toilet hugging which is good!

#8 MerryClumsyXmas

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

oh hi .
i just posted in the other thread. which is closed. or something.

#9 alchetta

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:03 PM

Hello :) welcome Clumsy! Hope you don't mind being in April!
I seem to be adjusting slightly to the nausea after a week- have realized that it means I'm STARVING and really need to eat RIGHT NOW. I'm getting slightly worried about overeating but it's either that or fainting/throwing up. I just wish I had somewhere private to nap at work...
Scan this Friday, nervous/excited!

#10 SimTM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:00 AM

View PostClumsy86, on 22 August 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

oh hi .
i just posted in the other thread. which is closed. or something.

yep sorry! waiting for admin to close properly as its way too long!!
Happy to have you in the group!!! Looking forward to getting to know you :)

View Postalchetta, on 22 August 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Hello Posted Image welcome Clumsy! Hope you don't mind being in April!
I seem to be adjusting slightly to the nausea after a week- have realized that it means I'm STARVING and really need to eat RIGHT NOW. I'm getting slightly worried about overeating but it's either that or fainting/throwing up. I just wish I had somewhere private to nap at work...
Scan this Friday, nervous/excited!

I feel your pain! Ive been constantly eating (or at least snacking) all day, seems to help with MS though :) haven't thrown up yet but feel queazy from the moment i wake up to when i go to bed
Ohhh exciting about your scan!!! how many weeks will you be then?

#11 alchetta

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:16 AM

Should theoretically be 7w5d by Friday according to conception but 7w1d according to LMP. I'm told conception is more accurate if you know exactly, but I guess they'll give me an official number on Fri.
I feel like I did an Ironman overnight :( absolutely exhausted!

#12 SimTM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:32 AM

View Postalchetta, on 23 August 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

Should theoretically be 7w5d by Friday according to conception but 7w1d according to LMP. I'm told conception is more accurate if you know exactly, but I guess they'll give me an official number on Fri.
I feel like I did an Ironman overnight Posted Image absolutely exhausted!

yep im exhausted too :/ both kids are sick (the gastro infected one is at her grandmas thankfully!!!) so its a pjs and tv day

what time is the scan friday? they're equal parts nerve-wracking and exciting! I had mine done last weds... 6w exactly! now to either suck up to the GP for another before 12 weeks or an impatient wait til then lol

#13 Loxoli

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:40 AM

I wasn't very good at keeping up with my DIG last pregnancy but it's been comforting (not sure if that's the right word) this time to hear all the stories of exhaustion and sickness and knowing that I'm so not alone 😁.

Anyway, I'm 5w5d and I had a call from my OBN yesterday and he said he wanted to see me in the afternoon (rather than in 3 weeks, like I was booked) if I could come. I was a bit confused but I haven't had bloods or a scan yet so I didn't think there would be a problem. The appointment was a fairly standard initial antenatal appointment and my OBN said he won't need to see me for 10 weeks. Just wondering if any of you are having gaps like that before your next appontment? Seems like a long time to me. It will be about 6 weeks after my scan!

#14 Caribou

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

Was your last pregnancy complicated? Standard OB appointments don't normally start until 9ish weeks. I do plan on seeing my OB earlier due to high blood pressure.

#15 Loxoli

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

No complications but I did have HG and needed IV fluids many times. I guess he could have been checking if I was sick this time, but he didn't specifically ask.

#16 Caribou

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:56 AM

Medical professionals sometimes seem to forget to explain why they want to see you early and it's usually the most inane reason ever! It's possible he's got a holiday/conference something planned then and wanted to established all new people before he went away?

#17 SimTM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:04 PM

View PostLoxoli, on 23 August 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

I wasn't very good at keeping up with my DIG last pregnancy but it's been comforting (not sure if that's the right word) this time to hear all the stories of exhaustion and sickness and knowing that I'm so not alone 😁.

Anyway, I'm 5w5d and I had a call from my OBN yesterday and he said he wanted to see me in the afternoon (rather than in 3 weeks, like I was booked) if I could come. I was a bit confused but I haven't had bloods or a scan yet so I didn't think there would be a problem. The appointment was a fairly standard initial antenatal appointment and my OBN said he won't need to see me for 10 weeks. Just wondering if any of you are having gaps like that before your next appontment? Seems like a long time to me. It will be about 6 weeks after my scan!

maybe he just wanted to touch base to make sure everything was ok? I saw mine when i was just over 3 weeks (was having problems TTC and it was a blood test follow up) not booked to see him again til 8 weeks ... i think tis fairly standard practise - unless as madness said, you have a history of complications :)

#18 Loxoli

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

Yes, I didn't think of that. Definitely could be something like that- he seems to holiday more than he works sometimes. (Not that that's a bad thing, I just wish it was me!)

#19 MrsG2

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:18 PM

Has anyone else felt cramping early on? I'm 4w5d at the moment and having cramping on both sides. Sometimes dull, sometimes sharp. So so worries something will go wrong πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

#20 Caribou

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

Cramps are normal. It's the uterus stretching and making room for a baby.

If they prevent you from doing day to day activities or accompany bleeding def see a dr. ED, if bleeding presents.

#21 MrsG2

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Madness, this is an ivf pregnancy, and we went through a LOT to conceive so I have a lot of anxiety

#22 Caribou

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostMrsG2, on 23 August 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

Thanks Madness, this is an ivf pregnancy, and we went through a LOT to conceive so I have a lot of anxiety

Don't worry! I did AC, I know it's not as intensive as IVF,  but all those appointments for blood checks, hystrcopy, Ultrasounds.... It's very time consuming and you do invest a lot into it.

We'd been trying for 4 years before I conceded to see a FS in May. I had a pregnancy in January before I saw the FS, but unfortunately the pregnancy didn't stick.  This one however, is a sticky one it seems!

But every twinge, cramp has me hoping it's just my uterus. and if my pants feel 'damp' I can't help check even though I am sure i'm not bleeding!

If my boobs don't feel as sore, I do feel a bit worried for a moment, but I also need to remember it goes in waves!

It's hard not to worry, I completely get it!

#23 **Xena**

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:08 PM

Welcome Clumsy86. I was following your other thread and was so happy for you that bub is doing well :)

I'm 5 weeks today, my first Dr appointment is Thursday. I'm tempted to by heaps of Pregnancy Tests because there doesn't seem much to follow except anxiously wait until the dating scan. I wish I didn't find out 4 days before my period. It's making the first trimester go forever :(

#24 Caribou

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

View Post**Xena**, on 23 August 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

Welcome Clumsy86. I was following your other thread and was so happy for you that bub is doing well Posted Image

I'm 5 weeks today, my first Dr appointment is Thursday. I'm tempted to by heaps of Pregnancy Tests because there doesn't seem much to follow except anxiously wait until the dating scan. I wish I didn't find out 4 days before my period. It's making the first trimester go forever Posted Image

I know what you mean! I found out a 6 days before AF is due....! I'm 4 weeks tomorrow. I think don't buy any more tests, it's not going to change anything. Just busy yourself as much as possible. That's the best you can do now.

#25 briandrea

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:27 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to the group, I posted in the last thread :)

I'm pretty sure I'm 5 weeks today (this will be our 4th babe). I did another test this morning and the control line took ages to come up because the positive line took up almost all the dye so I guess that's as good as it can get at this point. I usually don't get nausea until about 6 weeks but of course I'm anxious because I haven't had any yet :huh: lol

I've decided not to get bloods or an early scan for now, just going to wait to see if the nausea hits next week and if not then I'll go see a doc. I'm not sure why I'm so worried, but I guess once you've had a loss or a few you are never totally innocent of what can happen! Trying to stay positive. These first few weeks just drag on though!!!!

Hope you've all had a lovely Tuesday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.