Due in Apr 2017 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#26 Bellablu78

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

MrsG2 I had cramping on and off daily from 4 weeks to 5.5 weeks, I was concerned too but everything I read said its the uterus stretching as madness said. I'm 8wks 3 days today and had no cramps for a couple of weeks, hope they settle for you soon 😊

#27 alchetta

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:46 AM

SimTM - scan is at 4pm :) how much water am I supposed to drink again? Not looking forward to that part!
Xena - I used my last two tests before bloods and that was it, so in my state of wonder I kept pulling them out and staring at them :) not much point buying more but I sympathize!

I am having some quite out of character anxiety about going to work. I'm never anxious about work and it's silly because I've told my boss and she's incredibly understanding. But getting up and into the office is just proving unbelievably difficult. I feel so sick all the time and have these waves of pain that are very uncomfortable to deal with sitting at my desk or in the toilets. I'm not throwing up yet but have come close. I'm getting there later and later but this can't go on! I have snacks on hand but it's really starting to stress me out. I'm awake waaaay past my bedtime now cos I'm anxious and can't sleep after calling in sick today (yesterday). Booo.

#28 sooos

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

alchetta - I had to drink 2 glasses 1 hour before my scan. It was agony. I ended up having to pee a bit as I was so uncomfortable. Then she commented on how full my bladder was - then made me empty it and did an internal :mellow:

Try not to be too anxious (easier said than done). I feel you on the getting to work. I have a really long commute (I travel 3 hours minimum a day) and i'm already over it. I have to get in early though so I can leave early and I am currently at my desk half asleep not wanting to deal with the 65 emails in my inbox.

#29 freenc29

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:20 AM

Hi all,
I have not posted as I thought I was miscarrying last week and ended up in hospital. Had an u/s and saw a yolk sac and was apparently 5w6d.
My hcg had doubled and bleeding is now just spotting so fingers are crossed!

The most unusual thing has happened though, my hcg went from 9,700 to 130,000 in 2 days :o I have no idea if it is good or bad but it quadrupled. Has anyone ever experienced such a high jump after levels were normal and just doubling?
Anyway, if I do not bleed I will have a u/s next week once over 7 weeks and am praying for a heartbeat.

Hope everyone is feeling well, I have a lot to catch up on lol

#30 **Xena**

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:57 AM

Freenc29 my everything is crossed that you have a positive scan next week and the bleeding stays away x

Edited by ~A2~, 24 August 2016 - 08:31 PM.

#31 SunshineKate

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:57 PM

Hi guys, just thought I'd join this thread.
I went Drs and had my bloods taken Monday afternoon and was also given a referral for a dating scan to book in once I get the blood confirmed. Dr said I'd have results the next day (yesterday) but when I called Drs they said results weren't in, and called again this morning and they said they only give test results between 2 - 4pm. So of course I had a complete meltdown (which is totally not like me haha) but so frustrating. This is my first so I am really anxious and not really sleeping at the moment.
Soos was that the dating scan?

#32 Jackrabbit

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

View Postfreenc29, on 24 August 2016 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hi all,
I have not posted as I thought I was miscarrying last week and ended up in hospital. Had an u/s and saw a yolk sac and was apparently 5w6d.
My hcg had doubled and bleeding is now just spotting so fingers are crossed!

The most unusual thing has happened though, my hcg went from 9,700 to 130,000 in 2 days :o I have no idea if it is good or bad but it quadrupled. Has anyone ever experienced such a high jump after levels were normal and just doubling?
Anyway, if I do not bleed I will have a u/s next week once over 7 weeks and am praying for a heartbeat.

Hope everyone is feeling well, I have a lot to catch up on lol

Did the Dr say anything about the HCG numbers? They're sure there is only one in there? Maybe at your next scan you might get a surprise.

#33 freenc29

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:01 PM

Jackrabbit: I just rang the nurse for the results and will see my doc next Monday to organise a scan.
I would fall off the bed if there was more than one lol. I am just praying not to miscarry atm but the hcg levels give me lots of hope :D

Edited by ~A2~, 24 August 2016 - 08:32 PM.

#34 ~A2~

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

Hi everyone

I have removed and edited a few posts in this thread as per guidelines.  

Hope you are all going well.

Regards

Al

#35 eigne

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:11 PM

Hi ladies
I went to the doctor today. She didn't do any tests as I told her I've had five (yes, five, no willpower here!) positive results at home. Her calculations have me at 6w6d (15 April) rather than the 5w1d (27 April) that I calculated.

I've got a referral for a dating scan to refine the due date but the earliest I can get it in Thursday next week! I really want to know! I will feel better if I'm closer to 7 weeks than 5 weeks.

I've also got to get a blood test done too.

Edited by eigne, 25 August 2016 - 01:12 PM.

#36 MrsG2

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

lol Eigne, lucky ur due date is moved earlier. Less waiting for 12 weeks!!

My hcg levels yesterday showed a good rise. I'm still wary and worried. my scan isn't till sept 14, I'll be 7w6days. Till then I'm constantly checking for AF😖

#37 AS2015

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

Eigne - what did you doctor base her calculations on? My doctor tried to tell me I was 5w when I was only 4w. She went off the LMP but I know when I ovulated, so i couldn't be any further along than I was. The dating scan will be more accurate :)

#38 eigne

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:02 PM

AS2015 - I don't know for sure when I ovulated as my cycles can vary by up to 3 weeks between 30 days and 50 days. The doctor has gone off LMP and she said that often people with irregular cycles conceive off a 4 week cycle, even if they are rare for that person. You are right re accuracy so bring on next Thursday so I'll know for sure!

If I was ~7w rather than 5w, wouldn't I have felt more symptoms eg morning sickness by now? I feel like my symptoms are in keeping with the 5w estimate, though I'd rather be 7w to be closer to 12w!

#39 Caribou

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

Engie - my cycle was irregular and I conceived on a 40 day cycle!!

#40 AS2015

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:00 PM

Madnesscraves- Did your doctor date you off your LMP? My cycle was 35 days long. The two Gp's I went to kept dating me off my LMP and put me a week a head even though I know give a day or so that I ovulated a week later. So couldn't be as far along as they were telling me. So frustrating they wouldn't listen. In the end I called up my Ob and slightly changed my LMP to fit better with when I knew I ovulated.

#41 Caribou

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:01 PM

I was doing AC, with Ovulation tracking, so my dates are pretty precise!! :D

#42 MrsG2

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:12 PM

I have been a basket case all day. I had red blood on a panty liner (a dot). I have cuts on the skin down there which is caused by my nails (not being careful inserting progesterone pressaries). I know the blood is from these cuts as I can feel them burning. Still freaking out about miscarriage. Someone pls talk sense into me 😭

#43 Caribou

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

It's okay MrsG2!! Like you said, you know it's just the cuts from inserting. Is it worth cutting your nails down so it doesn't happen again?

#44 MrsG2

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

I've just done that. This is all brought on by my own clumsiness. To top it off, cramping is gone. I stress when it's there and when it's not. What is wrong with me?!

#45 Caribou

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:55 PM

It might be beneficial to have a chat with your GP on how you're feeling. Pregnancy is quite a rollercoaster ride, and you'll need all the support you can get.

Try keep yourself busy and don't worry to much about cramping, remember, cramping is a sign the uterus is stretching and growing and you're good. not cramping is also good too. You're getting a break from it!

Hang in there!!

#46 Wendy+

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

Joining the group here

Tuesday 30th seems to drag for my first appointment with the doctor. Fingers crossed that everything is progressing well as I don't have any major symptoms other than frequent peeing and occasional sore breast.

#47 Wendy+

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:47 PM

Is hydrotherapy pool at 34.5degrees to hot to be in for 1 hour?

I have clients that I do hydrotherapy with weekly and haven't told work yet that I am pregnant which I plan to do at 12weeks but I dont know how to avoid telling work too early as I want to be safe but most people say you can be in a warm/hot pool when pregnant.

Any takes?

#48 MrsG2

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:00 PM

Thanks Madness! It's a long wait for me between now and my 8 week scan (14 sept!!!!). I'll just have to sit tight and hope the bun cooks well...

Wendy I'm sorry I don't know..hope someone else here does

#49 Jackrabbit

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:22 PM

Wendy, I would assume that because it is below body temperature it should be fine as it won't be increasing your body temp.

#50 **Xena**

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

MrsG2 I know what you mean, I have a scan booked for the 13the of September and it feels like forever away!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.