Due in Apr 2017 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#51 RunningRuby

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:00 AM

Does anybody else suffer from MS only every other day? It's bizarre, this week I've had to vomit on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and it feels like it's about to hit me again today. Saturday, Tuesday and yesterday on the other hand, I felt normal!
I'll have my dating scan tomorrow morning, so hopefully that puts my mind at ease.

How is everybody else going?

#52 SunshineKate

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

How exciting InternationalMami! I bet you can't wait for tomorrow 😊
I am 5 was today according to LMP and haven't had MS as yet, just the slight cramps and a general loss of apetite. I'm in that silly mindset of almost wishing I had MS (which I'll regret if it actually happens)
I have my scan on the 9th and it seems forever away.

#53 **Xena**

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:27 PM

Good luck with the scan :D I booked my scan yesterday for the 13th. I should be 8 weeks along :)

I've had a few bouts of nausea and I'm really tired but that's about it on pregnancy symptoms. I should be happy but it just makes me worry.

#54 RunningRuby

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

View PostSunshineKate, on 26 August 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

How exciting InternationalMami! I bet you can't wait for tomorrow
I am 5 was today according to LMP and haven't had MS as yet, just the slight cramps and a general loss of apetite. I'm in that silly mindset of almost wishing I had MS (which I'll regret if it actually happens)

I was wishing for it too and then it hit me at 6 weeks...

#55 Caribou

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

View PostSunshineKate, on 26 August 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

How exciting InternationalMami! I bet you can't wait for tomorrow

I'm 4 weeks and 2 days and no morning sickness here either. Just sore boobs and dry throat. I'm practically wishing for MS! I know I'll be remorseful when it comes, but It just comfort to know it's there strangely!

#56 MrsG2

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

I am wishing for MS too! I get nausea when I wake up , but it dissipates real fast once I eat. If anything I'm more Hungry

#57 Jackrabbit

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

I'm 5w2d and morning sickness has started. I'm sure it didn't start until around 8w in previous pregnancies. No vomiting yet, just feeling sick all the time. Lately, I'll eat and then feel sick, then an hour later I've ravenous. If I don't eat I just feel sick.

Will have my first scan on the 7th of Sept. I don't think I will feel like it's not all in my head until I see that little blob.

#58 SunshineKate

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostJackrabbit, on 26 August 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

I'm 5w2d and morning sickness has started. I'm sure it didn't start until around 8w in previous pregnancies. No vomiting yet, just feeling sick all the time. Lately, I'll eat and then feel sick, then an hour later I've ravenous. If I don't eat I just feel sick.

Will have my first scan on the 7th of Sept. I don't think I will feel like it's not all in my head until I see that little blob.

Do you take your DH to the first scan? I'm scared if we don't see a heartbeat that it's going to panic him.
I had a few bouts of nausessness a few days bit I think it's more nerves than anything.

#59 Jackrabbit

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

View PostSunshineKate, on 26 August 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Do you take your DH to the first scan? I'm scared if we don't see a heartbeat that it's going to panic him.
I had a few bouts of nausessness a few days bit I think it's more nerves than anything.

In the past he has come with me. So far he hasn't confirmed whether he wants to come or not. I think that he will come if he isn't too busy at work.

#60 Caribou

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

first time i got a dating scan DH came with me, it was nice. But the rest apart from the 21 week one to find out sex, I did on my own.

#61 RunningRuby

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

My DH is coming with me tomorrow too, I've had to prepare him for the fact that I will have an internal scan, which the place confirmed. He looked at me in horror and asked whether he should really come. I think now is a good a time as ever to lose my dignity. It's either now or in 8 months time when I'm in the delivery room.

#62 Bellablu78

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:08 PM

Good luck to those with scans coming up, I've felt all day sickness and fatigued since 6 weeks :( I've been on holidays so haven't had to face work feeling like this too. Not sure how I'll go next week when I can't lay down and have my arvo nap....
I have first OB appointment Monday, not really sure what to expect but makes things seem more real, I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow so not yet out of the woods but feeling more positive everyday, I'm finding myself checking every pram model I walk past even though I already know the one I want lol I'm hopeless

#63 SunshineKate

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:10 PM

View PostInternationalMami, on 26 August 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

My DH is coming with me tomorrow too, I've had to prepare him for the fact that I will have an internal scan, which the place confirmed. He looked at me in horror and asked whether he should really come. I think now is a good a time as ever to lose my dignity. It's either now or in 8 months time when I'm in the delivery room.
I did also mention that this may be a possibility to DH who just pulled a face but didn't dare say anything hahaa how come yours will definitely will be one?
Sorry for the questions, I feel so naive with all this stuff

#64 Bellablu78

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:15 PM

They told me that m dating scan would be an internal but they were able to see enough via the normal way of ultrasound so didn't need to have the internal, I was 7wks3 days when I had mine

#65 RunningRuby

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:23 PM

View PostBellablu78, on 26 August 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

Good luck to those with scans coming up, I've felt all day sickness and fatigued since 6 weeks :( I've been on holidays so haven't had to face work feeling like this too. Not sure how I'll go next week when I can't lay down and have my arvo nap....
I have first OB appointment Monday, not really sure what to expect but makes things seem more real, I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow so not yet out of the woods but feeling more positive everyday, I'm finding myself checking every pram model I walk past even though I already know the one I want lol I'm hopeless

This, YES!! I check every photo that has a pram in it and every pram on the street! Which one are you going to get?
I hope you feel better soon, you seem so close to the end of the first trimester already!

View PostSunshineKate, on 26 August 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

I did also mention that this may be a possibility to DH who just pulled a face but didn't dare say anything hahaa how come yours will definitely will be one?
Sorry for the questions, I feel so naive with all this stuff ������

I rang them up and asked whether I should have a full bladder for the scan but was told they'll try on the tummy but will then do the internal one so no need to keep a full bladder. I also know that I have a retroverted uterus which could make seeing it a bit harder I think (from what I've read).

View PostBellablu78, on 26 August 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

They told me that m dating scan would be an internal but they were able to see enough via the normal way of ultrasound so didn't need to have the internal, I was 7wks3 days when I had mine

I will also bge 7w3d tomorrow, I had initially booked it in for last Monday and decided to delay it to make sure we can actually see something.

#66 **Xena**

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:22 PM

My husband will be coming to my scan too. Mainly to hold the wriggly one year old :) I've been told to have a full bladder so no dildo cam for me. I'll be 8 weeks for mine though :)

#67 eigne

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:29 PM

DH is very excited about the scan next week. I haven't told him its internal but he won't be too surprised as I had one to diagnose my PCOS earlier this year (not that he came).

I haven't really felt nauseous yet. I have felt much more hungry than usual, and a lot thirstier, but I haven't felt sick except when starving in the morning when I wake up. I'm very tired each day from 3pm onwards! I'm either 5w1d or 7w0d...

I'm meeting friends for a drink tonight and it will be the first time I have to lie. Dreading the potential awkwardness a bit! I'm thinking of saying that DH and I have committed to only drinking one day per week and today is not that day. Does anyone else have any tips?

#68 Bellablu78

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:46 PM

Good luck internationalmami I want to get the baby jogger city select pram, I have a couple of friends who have it and swear by it, plus I like the way it adapts to a double, due to my age if we have a second will be fairly soon after that we try again too... But not straight away lol

#69 Caribou

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:08 PM

View Posteigne, on 26 August 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

DH is very excited about the scan next week. I haven't told him its internal but he won't be too surprised as I had one to diagnose my PCOS earlier this year (not that he came).

I haven't really felt nauseous yet. I have felt much more hungry than usual, and a lot thirstier, but I haven't felt sick except when starving in the morning when I wake up. I'm very tired each day from 3pm onwards! I'm either 5w1d or 7w0d...

I'm meeting friends for a drink tonight and it will be the first time I have to lie. Dreading the potential awkwardness a bit! I'm thinking of saying that DH and I have committed to only drinking one day per week and today is not that day. Does anyone else have any tips?

You missed dry july and you're doing the last of dry august!

#70 SunshineKate

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:16 PM

View Post**Xena**, on 26 August 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

My husband will be coming to my scan too. Mainly to hold the wriggly one year old :) I've been told to have a full bladder so no dildo cam for me. I'll be 8 weeks for mine though :)

Haha
I've been told to have a full bladder to so fingers crossed that's enough.
Eigne - I have so many birthdays coming up and I've been trying so hard to think of excuses!
I am thinking for bigger groups I'll just have a drink in my hand and pretend to sip it if needed. Hopefully everyone else is too merry to notice. That or that I am taking antibiotics.

#71 alchetta

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:09 PM

Good luck for all the upcoming scans! Let me know how you go internationalmami! I just had mine this afternoon, it was awesome and such a relief too. 7w4d, heartbeat 159bpm :) no dildo cam but I thought I was gonna pee my pants.

Re nausea, I just seem to get it much worse if don't eat in time. I'm eating twice as often but about half as much.

#72 Wendy+

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

View PostJackrabbit, on 26 August 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

I am 5w2d also and no MS as well. Some how wishing for it but on the other hand hoping it does start soon as we will be away on holidays at my parents in Law. We plan to tell them if everything goes well after our appointment on Tuesday. I wanted to wait till 12 weeks but DH reckons we tell them now since we will be staying with them and it will be easier to cater - food wise for me; rather than trying to make excuses why I cant eat this or that and also if MS hits while we are up there, they also understand.

#73 RunningRuby

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:58 AM

View PostSunshineKate, on 26 August 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Haha ������
I've been told to have a full bladder to so fingers crossed that's enough.
Eigne - I have so many birthdays coming up and I've been trying so hard to think of excuses!
I am thinking for bigger groups I'll just have a drink in my hand and pretend to sip it if needed. Hopefully everyone else is too merry to notice. That or that I am taking antibiotics.

SunshineKate, that's exactly what I've been doing, and no suspicions form anyone yet!

View Postalchetta, on 26 August 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Good luck for all the upcoming scans! Let me know how you go internationalmami! I just had mine this afternoon, it was awesome and such a relief too. 7w4d, heartbeat 159bpm Posted Image no dildo cam but I thought I was gonna pee my pants.

Re nausea, I just seem to get it much worse if don't eat in time. I'm eating twice as often but about half as much.

The scan was great, such a relief to see a little heartbeat! They tried an external scan first and baby measured at 7+1, on the internal it initially measured 7+3 and then 7+4. I thought I was 7+3 at the time so pretty spot on. HR was 157bpm. My DH was freaking out beforehand about the possibility of twins. I was secretly hoping for two little heart beats :)

Hope everybody had a great weekend! My MS has mostly calmed down which is great, I've started wearing sea-bands pretty much all the time and not sure if its placebo or if they are really working, but no vomiting since Friday!

#74 Kymmy80

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

First scan booked in for Friday! Struggling with MS and already have a script for maxalon but it's hit and miss in effectiveness:-( hope everyone is surviving this vomiting period!!!

#75 Wendy+

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:11 AM

First dildo scan today at 5w5d and everything looks okay. she could see a flicker of a hart beat but said its still too early.She was very pleased with the way everything looked.
Relieved!!!! :clap:

Still no MS yet so happy with that for now!!! now to enjoy my 3 weeks holiday.

Next scan scheduled for sept 19th at 8w.

Goodluck to all those having scans soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.