Harmony test

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Perth_mumma

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:38 PM

Hey has anyone had the harmony test and got their results? How long did they take? Did they just phone you? I know they say 2 weeks but wondering if people tend to grt them sooner (im so impatient!) thanks

#2 Ausmum4

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:31 PM

I had mine done, but haven't got results yet. My OB said 2 weeks for results

#3 Perth_mumma

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:43 PM

Are you finding out gender too?

#4 bluthbananas

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:14 PM

I'm not in this group but saw this in recent topics.
I'm due in Feb and had the harmony test. We chose to find out the sex as well. The result took 7days which included the weekend and a public holiday. I was told it could be up to 10 days. I just got a phone call like they told me I would at the initial appointment.

#5 Iezze

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:06 PM

I had a harmony done on Tuesday and they told me 7 days. I think best case it's 4 days. They are going to call with the results.

#6 Fright bat

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:20 PM

Perth_mumma, on 19 August 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

Are you finding out gender too?

You'll have to wait until your child is old enough to speak to find out their 'gender'. You'll have to wait until they are born to find out what's between their legs. But the harmony test will tell you what sex chromosomes they have.... (I think it's quite important that people understand these distinctions! Sex chromosomes don't always  correlate with gender, and they don't even necessarily correlate with what bits you are born with!)

#7 Perth_mumma

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:42 PM

bluthbananas, on 19 August 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

I'm not in this group but saw this in recent topics.
I'm due in Feb and had the harmony test. We chose to find out the sex as well. The result took 7days which included the weekend and a public holiday. I was told it could be up to 10 days. I just got a phone call like they told me I would at the initial appointment.

Oh cool! Thats super quick. I'll make sure I keep my phone off silent :)

#8 bluthbananas

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:02 PM

Good luck with your results! Hopefully you don't have to wait too long. For some reason I was very nervous about the result and so relieved when it was low risk. I am now starting to enjoy being pregnant rather than worrying about what could go wrong. It was worth it for me for extra peace of mind.

#9 Perth_mumma

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:24 PM

bluthbananas, on 19 August 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

Good luck with your results! Hopefully you don't have to wait too long. For some reason I was very nervous about the result and so relieved when it was low risk. I am now starting to enjoy being pregnant rather than worrying about what could go wrong. It was worth it for me for extra peace of mind.

Thank you! I'm a bit anxious only because they detected a umbilical cord cyst at my dating scan and even though most disappear by the second trimester if they stay they can be linked with serious genetic abnormalities (not always though). But yeah it would be nice to get some piece of mind, hence why I hope to get the results soon after as I've still got a couple of weeks until my next scan. Going to do the harmony test this monday 👍🏻

#10 mlc77

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:55 AM

Took 4 working days for my results to come through. Had test on a Thu morning and got the results on Monday afternoon.

#11 MerryClumsyXmas

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:11 PM

How much does it cost? I only just heard about it today and was told it was quite pricey...?

#12 Iezze

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:02 AM

Mine was $450. There are other 'brands' of NIPT too.

#13 Perth_mumma

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:24 PM

Mine was $525 at Pathwest (perth)

#14 Polka dot

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

I had the percept test and it was $450. The test is done in Australia so quicker, took 4 business days including the day I got the test done

#15 Perth_mumma

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

Feeling ripped off, my obs said it was $450 but at the clinic it was $525...

#16 Jellybean5

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

Crazy prices hope you all get good results

#17 laciem

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:05 PM

Mine was $450 via Clinipath Perth

#18 aquarium2

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:37 PM

The prices and wait times have reduced recently because Sonic Genetics now have the ability to run the results through their labs in Australia. Previously all the samples were sent to the USA to tested.

#19 Offspring

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:36 AM

Sorry I'm not much help I'm getting the combined screening test, but I would assume your results would go to your referring dr/ob wouldn't they??

Good luck xx

#20 Nutty nut

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:09 PM

I had the harmony test last time, and it was expensive $800 ish), done with the ultrasound clinic, and sent to the States. It took two weeks. This time it was done by a pathology service, performed locally out of the Women's, and was back 4 working days. The phone call was from my obs this time.

#21 mlc77

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

It's come down in price as of Jan this year since they started processing the samples in Melbourne. I paid $460 for mine a couple of weeks ago and results came in four business days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.