Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:07 AM

:waves:

Hopefully some more BFPs join us soon!

#3 Caribou

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

haha yes, it would be hilarious if it was just us! :lol:

#4 Jackrabbit

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:06 PM

Does this mean you're leaving us in April, Madness?

#5 Caribou

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

Not at the moment, Jackrabbit. I'm undecided where to be! ;/ I thought I might see what my OB says to expect my due date to be. it's officially 3rd May, but in the meantime, I'll hover between the two groups if that's okay? I see so far behind in terms of weeks in the april group!

#6 Sprinklebabydust

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

Hello ladies
I have just tested BFP I couldn't believe my eyes we were just going to try and see what happened then BAM! BFP.... I don't want to tell anyone just yet as it's super new hoping this group will help release the urge to want to announce it to the world.
Madness I also don't know if I'm due May or April

#7 Caribou

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:48 PM

Welcome SprinkleBabyDust!!! Hopefully the GP can direct you in the right direction on due dates. Do you think you have an inkling on when you ovulated?

#8 lethal88

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

I'm in... Got my BP today.. Due May 6..

So super early.. Very nervous.. This positive has come after 14 cycles of trying to conceive. .

#9 Crombek

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:31 PM

I'm here. Got my bfp yesterday afternoon, also due 6 May.

I am remaining cautious though as I miscarried each pregnancy prior to conceiving DS 1&2

Edited by Crombek, 24 August 2016 - 03:31 PM.

#10 FretfulMum

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

Ok can't help myself!! I'm here too, due 7th May. Congrats everyone & looking forward to sharing the journey.

All going well, I will deliver at 36wks (so not actually May!) I developed severe preeclampsia with DS who was born at 30wks (now 17mths old). Im completely terrified of having another prem baby but hoping for the best.

#11 Caribou

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:30 AM

Hello how is everyone doing? Does anyone 'feel' pregnant? I just have sore boobs. I thought at first I was getting tiredness and exhaustion but that's settled down now, however I keep waking up at 3-4am in the morning.

No nausea really!

#12 Beanette

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:21 AM

Lol, don't say you've got no nausea - you'll jinx yourself!

The last two days I've been feeling as though I've overindulged in champagne the night before - that seedy, semi hungover feeling. Lots of gross acid reflux burps too which are so unpleasant.
My boobs don't really feel sore, but they feel really huge and heavy. I've also got crazy amounts of CM, needing to wear a panty liner otherwise I feel like I've wet my pants!

I'm off to the GP tomorrow for a blood test and to increase my thyroxine dosage. My first appointment with the OB isn't until the 19th of September, so I'll just under 7 weeks. I'm so impatient, I wish I could go earlier but at least this way hopefully we'll definitely be able to see something on the scan

How are you going Madness? I saw your thread about being concerned about HCG levels :bighug:
I think I'll ask my GP to not run follow up bloods unless there's any bleeding - the stress is so awful and I'm really trying to enjoy each moment and relax

#13 Caribou

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

I want the nausea!!! :lol:

I gt the CM thing too, At times I feel like my pants are too damp I need to check to make sure it's all well!

I'm keeping busy, I've got  busy weekend coming up and I'm just finishing off my book, I think long as I keep busy and positive, there's nothing to worry about. my levels ARE increasing, and that's all that matters. :)

#14 Soc512

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:43 PM

I'm joining the party! Due May 1st!

No symptoms yet really, maybe just a bit tired… but I'm running after a toddler, working and studying so it could be just that!!

#15 Caribou

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

Welcome  Soc512!

It's a tad quite in here at the moment, I guess we're still waiting for everyone else to get their BFPs!!!

#16 Crombek

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

I'm tired, but we've all been sick with a viral thing so I assumed it was that. Otherwise nothing much, little bit of a 'blergh' feeling at time when I eat but I didn't really get morning sickness with my other two so I'm not sure if it's in my head. Oh & I've been a lot angrier than normal 😒

Period is due tomorrow so it's still early days. Weirdly, I told DH last Friday that I was 87% certain I was pregnant. I just knew this was the cycle lol.

#17 Loviefel

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

I'm in! EDD is 05/05/2017! I couldn't believe my eyes when I tested on Monday two days earlier of when my period is due, and the two pink lines appeared!

So unreal, our first peanut and we've been trying for almost a year now, and was almost giving up! We told only our parents at this stage, just worried about first trimester. how about everyone else?

Was supposed to be travelling to NZ today but decided to postpone my flight to November just a bit paranoid.

#18 FretfulMum

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:38 PM

Welcome!! The more the merrier!

I'm about 4wks today. Had a little bit of nausea in the morning which is much earlier than I experienced last pregnancy. Crombek I've been VERY angry/easily annoyed the last few days too. I walked off without thanking a shop assistant this morning after she gave me some attitude when I was returning a purchase....whoops! I feel a bit bad about it now.

#19 Soc512

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

Boobs are killing me today.. Very hard and sensitive. Hubby said the look amazing though! :p

#20 IkeaAddict

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

I do this every year, 7 years ago I was in the May DIG group. My DS from that is now 6 and will be turning 7 around the time your bubs are being born. How time flies!!!

Enjoy the journey!!!

#21 Maybe317

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:41 PM

Hi all, tentatively dropping in.

I had a chemical pregnancy 6 months ago, my period arrived the day after I got a BFP. And as I have literally stop breast feeding my 14 month old DD2 I lost track of when AF is due. I think it's some time this week.
I woke up the other day feeling pretty sick, and as I was planning to do a detox that day (you know, because once you stop breastfeeding you want to embrace all the stuff that you have been deprived of for a year and a half. Cold and flu tablets, alcohol, detox fad diets ;) :p) and we had a contraception failure this cycle :'( I quickly did a test thinking it would be negative. Nope. An extremely faint line showed up.
And today I faint but darker line showed. So yep. BFP for me for now.

I'm extremely reluctant to get excited. Considering my period could come. I expect it will with a history of two chemical pregnancies. We had also just started researching for hubby to get the snip. And I've just done an interview for a new full time job (nurse). So another bubby is not something we were planning ever again.

But I'm here. Needing to talk my feelings out with like minded anonymous people.

Excited for you all!!! Babies are just lovely! My one year old is lighting up my world right now. And my three year old makes me laugh all day long. So worth all the nausea and fatigue etc.

Madnesscraves: I've seen your name before. You may be in one of my old DIGs? Or maybe my previous TTC groups. Not sure but happy to see you in here =D

#22 Crombek

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

I am so sick, and not sure if it's viral or pregnancy related. Had to spew at 5.30 this morning & have been utterly exhausted, achy, on & off dizzy & nauseous all day. Have been in bed is once 4pm dozing & ignoring my screaming children.

Period due today but I tested this morning & a strong second line appeared immediately. I just keep panicking that I'm having another ectopic & kicking myself for not going to the GP last week when I got my first bfp grrr

#23 Caribou

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:26 PM

Crombek, when in doubt, it's best just to see a doctor anyway. If you want, give healthline a call, they'll tell you what to do. Likely bc you're pregnant, they'd say go to ED, better to be safe than sorry.

I do hope you're feeling better and it's just a crappy virus.

#24 Crombek

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:03 AM

Thanks Madness - went to bed at 8 after helping child wrangle & woke feeling soooooo much better. DH had something similar the other night but I'd assumed he got what we already had, now I'm thinking he gave me something else!

I meant to say a massive congrats to you - I've seen your story around the boards (I'm a big lurker lol). I hope this is your sticky.

Anyone started the process yet? I've got a GP appointment tomorrow morning & will get an early scan to check its in the right spot. I went private for my last 2 babies but I'm really torn this time...it's still so much more $$ that we can't really afford right now

#25 Caribou

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:06 AM

I'm glad you're feeling better Crombek!! Does sound like a virus.

I haven't seen the GP yet for a referral, I've been getting blood tests with clinic to confirm rising HCG, but they want to do one more tomorrow. If that comes back well, I will be booking my OB tomorrow afternoon as I do want to go private and use the same OB I had for DD, she's nice, I know her methods and it's easier to trust her more so second time round!

Mind you, if you had uncomplicated births for the first 2, there may be no reason for OB anyway, what you could do that a lot of my friend did was go public for birth, but private for the room. I'm not sure if your hospital has that set up, but my local one did and it was a popular option. It's really down to what you're comfortable with. But definitely don't break the bank for the sake of going private, even complicated births can be done perfectly fine in public.

Thanks for the congrats :blush: I am hoping this is a sticky one. My symptoms since initial discovery of BFP, have settled down (soon as I got pregnant, it was bad leg cramps for 3 days and indigestion) and just massively sore boobs and your typical cramping. I'm just hanging out waiting for MS to arrive!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.