Due in May 2017

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
203 replies to this topic

#51 Chel085

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

I just got another HCG result from yesterdays blood test,
on Monday it was 1443, so that is  a good result right?

the Dr really wanted it to be 5000 or more, but i've read that as long as it is doubling in 48 hours everything is going ok?

My first OB appointment isnt until 28/09
but i am having a dating scan Monday 12/09

both of those dates feel like forever away!!

#52 Caribou

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:22 AM

If the test was taken 48 hours later then it should be around 2886 you got more than that so it's totally fine!!
When I had my first HCG test, 48 Hour test was doubling every 59 Hours, so they made me wait 5 days, to which I got doubling every 31 hours! 48-72 is considered normal average  But clinic was also happy with doubling time and left it at that. So I'm not sure where he wanted 5000!

Lucky you getting a dating scan so early!

How exciting! We'll have to set up a you know what group on you know what soon ;)

#53 Chel085

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:45 AM

haha! We will! I still chat on the you know what DIG for my DD everyday!

I'm not sure where the 5000 came from?

I'm just going to take this as a win, and wait for the 12/09!

I think i got an early one because i am very unsure of the dates, I would like to go sooner but i don't think they would be able to see much :huh:

#54 ChessieElise

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys! It is such a weird time when it's so early... mostly not feeling pregnant, mostly not time for any check-ups yet, it's just a wait-and-see game.

Having another littlie running around makes this pregnancy so different to last time. I am way less focused on tests and levels and stuff (I was obsessed in my first pregnancy!).

I reckon I'll wait a week or so then see my GP. Probably skip the dating scan unless they recommend one. I'm not even taking a supp or anything... will get on that today.

Does anyone know if you can keep taking probiotics? I am taking Bioceuticals but not sure if ok when preggers.

#55 FretfulMum

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:59 PM

I also managed to get a GP appt yesterday. I got my referral for my Ob. He actually rang me first thing this morning to discuss the medications I need to commence (aspirin, Clexane, calcium) for prevention of pre-eclampsia. I'm happy he's on top of things already!! I've got my 1st appt with him on 12th sept & he'll do an early scan then. I'll only be just over 6wks then but I need to see him before he goes on holidays. So excited!

#56 Caribou

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostFretfulMum, on 01 September 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

I also managed to get a GP appt yesterday. I got my referral for my Ob. He actually rang me first thing this morning to discuss the medications I need to commence (aspirin, Clexane, calcium) for prevention of pre-eclampsia. I'm happy he's on top of things already!! I've got my 1st appt with him on 12th sept & he'll do an early scan then. I'll only be just over 6wks then but I need to see him before he goes on holidays. So excited!

I got pre-esclampia last pregnancy too, It will be interesting to see what my OB recommends!

#57 *Marcia*

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:40 PM

I think I'm in this group too :)
I got my BFP on Thursday, I work my EDD out to be May 8th but I'm pretty irregular so who knows!

I've tried for the best part of 7yrs to fall pregnant, I've had one miscarriage May last year so I'm hoping and praying this ones sticky and all goes well!

I don't have any real symptoms yet which makes me nervous but I'm trying to stay positive.

Good luck to everyone xx

#58 Beanette

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:30 PM

Congratulations Marcia, crossing my fingers that you've got a sticky one on board! Everyone is different when it comes to symptoms, so try not to stress xx

How is everyone feeling, any symptoms yet? My boobs are killing me, and they already seem huge! I'm a 12E now, and so nervous about how big they might get. I've been wearing sports bras the last few days because I can't stand to have them move at all, hurts too much :ph34r:

#59 Caribou

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:23 PM

Congrats Marica and welcome to the group!

My boobs are sore but they aren't killing me. They just sore. Occasionally I get shooting pains. Mostly my boobs suck anyway so I'm not expecting grand ones this time! Lol

I'm getting Nausea In the mornings and when I go long time without food ie no snacking. No throwing up yet just iffiness.

Cramping I had in week 3-4 have stopped and it's basically zero cramping. It's such a different pregnancy to my first.

#60 FretfulMum

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:01 PM

Hi Marcia!
AFM, My nausea has settled down a bit the last few days. I have been making an effort to eat small amounts, regularly so I think it's helping. I've had a heavy, bloated feeling in my uterus which I remember from last pregnancy....and bad constipation :(

#61 Crombek

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:12 PM

I'm still not getting much either. Some bloating, but I've also let my diet go a bit recently whoops. Occasional abdominal twinges & a bit of constipation too. Still the occasional metallic taste. Haven't noticed much boob changes but after breastfeeding 2 kids they're basically nerve-dead anyway 😂

Welcome Marcia!

#62 heylo

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:49 AM

Hi everyone! Hopefully I can catch up on the backstories of those who have already joined.

My EDD is 12 May.

BFP on 01/09 (4 weeks). My bloodtest came back 'inconclusive' because my HCG was only 11. Apparently it's ok that it starts this low, as long as it's doubling every 2 days. I need to wait until Wednesday to do another comparison bloodtest. The waiting is killing me! I've being doing a pee stick every morning and the line is getting darker, which puts my mind at ease a little bit.

My DD is 10 months old. Prior to her, we've had a longish TTC journey. Trying for a couple of years, with one miscarriage,  two chemical pregnancies, and an endometriosis removal. So I'm a bit wary of these current results and am trying to keep my guard up until further down the track.

I've been feeling very tired and slightly nauseous. But I have had a cold for a while so who knows the real cause.

#63 ChessieElise

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:31 AM

Welcome Marcia and Heylo! Congratulations to you both and hoping you both have lovely sticky ones xx

No real symptoms here yet. I'm due May 11 so only five weeks. I have had bloating/gassy cramps on and off for about a week which I guess could be pregnancy related, but that's about it!

Currently looking into birthing services and what not. Gave birth as part of a midwifery group practice last time (on the floor of the birthing room!) which was lovely but have since moved and am not as close to a big public hospital like I was last time, so slightly less confident about the low key birth thing, even though all was basically well last time. Anyway lots of time really except MGP groups tend to book out super fast so will probably have to get my name in this week if I can.

Anyone else going to go the midwifery route or are you mostly seeing Obs?

#64 Caribou

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:51 PM

I'm seeing an OB due to my blood pressure. Otherwise I think low intervention birth is a fanastic way to go.

Edited by Madnesscraves, 04 September 2016 - 01:51 PM.

#65 bagelbagel81

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:55 PM

Hi All!
I would like to reluctantly join. Got my BFP on Friday and my period isn't even due til Tues- but pretty certain I am UTD because I have been getting the dreaded hot flushes, and feel blergh already.
I already have an almost 15 month old daughter.
Heylo, I remember you from the TTC #1 forum - welcome!
I am going to try and hold off seeing the GP until next Sat for any bloods orother possible tests!
Looking forward to getting to know you all! Xx

#66 bagelbagel81

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

Chessie, I think I may remember you too?!

I went public at the RPA last time- and it was a pretty fast and uncomplicated borth- so wouldn't mind looking into the midwifery thing this time too. I have also moved from near that hospital out to the Hills district, so haven't even thought of where I will be birthing- however would like as little intervention as possible (pretty much almost gave birth in the car park last time- so that was pretty 'minimal' .. But who knows what this pregnancy holds! I may start to look into it in the next few weeks :)

Edited by bagelbagel81, 04 September 2016 - 02:00 PM.

#67 FretfulMum

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

Welcome!

I'm going with an Ob, only because I have high risk. I would have loved to have gone with midwives but it was not to be 1st time around.

Madness was your 1st Bub born premmie? My DS was born at 30wks. I would so much love to not have the same experience (with having a perm baby) 2nd time around but I guess there's only so much you can do

#68 Caribou

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostFretfulMum, on 04 September 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

Welcome!

I'm going with an Ob, only because I have high risk. I would have loved to have gone with midwives but it was not to be 1st time around.

Madness was your 1st Bub born premmie? My DS was born at 30wks. I would so much love to not have the same experience (with having a perm baby) 2nd time around but I guess there's only so much you can do

She was borderline premmie! Born at 36w at 1.8kilos. Spent a week inNCIU but luckily was home the day after I left the hospital. It was the hardest walking out of the hospital without her. I'm hoping not to have a repeat of that.  I agree there's only so much you can do. The hospital is a fair way from home, if it happens again, I'm camping in the chair at the hospital as far as I am concerned! I don't see why I should have to go home, especially when other kids are allowed to have parents with them when they're in hospital.

Edited by Madnesscraves, 04 September 2016 - 03:28 PM.

#69 heylo

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

ChessieElise - I saw an OB last time, and will do the same next time. Mostly just because I've paid so much in private health, I might as well use it. My OB is taking a few years off now though, so I'm going to have to find a new one. There's no harm in you signing up to your local MGP now and if you change your mind switching over. Would it be worth going for a look at the local facilities to get a feeling for the place?

BagelBagel - Hi again!!! Glad to see a familiar person on here. Congrats on the BFP, and your 15 month old! I hope the blergh feeling passes soon. That's an early start for MS you poor thing.

#70 FretfulMum

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:47 PM

My cousin and a friend have gone with midwife programs & they both highly recommended it(both in Bris).

Madness, yes the hardest part was leaving the hospital without my DS. I bawled all the way home (& every time a looked into his empty nursery). Your DD was very small for a 36 weeker. My DS was 1.1kg. He spent 5wks in NICU & 5 in special care. Luckily when he went to special care we moved him to a private hospital which was much closer to home. I could spend all day (& much of the night!) trying to establish breastfeeding. We sure got good value out of our private health insurance!!!!!

#71 Caribou

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:48 AM

View PostFretfulMum, on 04 September 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

My cousin and a friend have gone with midwife programs & they both highly recommended it(both in Bris).

Madness, yes the hardest part was leaving the hospital without my DS. I bawled all the way home (& every time a looked into his empty nursery). Your DD was very small for a 36 weeker. My DS was 1.1kg. He spent 5wks in NICU & 5 in special care. Luckily when he went to special care we moved him to a private hospital which was much closer to home. I could spend all day (& much of the night!) trying to establish breastfeeding. We sure got good value out of our private health insurance!!!!!

The hospital wasnt too keen on the BFing but I am going to push it this time as I think last time it was a case of I was so Overwhelmed I Just did what they told me. I know better now to push back and I'll be making it clear I want to establish BF as a priority.

MS is getting worse. Woke up at 3am stumbling out of bed rushing for the bathroom bc I felt like I was about to throw up any second. Somehow, I didnt! Then I spend a few hours lying in bed feeling like death until I finally fell asleep and then 20 mins later everyone was up. So tired!

#72 ChessieElise

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:04 AM

Bagel yes I remember your name! Must be from ttc#1 - your LO is maybe two months younger than mine.. Nice to see you again :)

Good idea to go visit the local hospy, will def do that.

And I know about the private health cover -- I am still paying with pregnancy cover just in case, feel massively guilty about not using it!!!

Happy Monday everyone x

#73 Crombek

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:21 AM

Welcome heylo & bagelbagel!

I'm also still paying for private OB cover but am fairly sure I will go public this time for a few reasons, namely I live regional, so everyone gives birth in the public hospital anyway, then private patients transfer. My OB didn't even make it to DS2' birth in time anyway as it was so fast.

I'm aiming for MGP this time, hopefully I can get my name in quickly enough.

Still very few symptoms. A bit hungrier, some abdominal stretching. Still feeling quite disconnected at this point, but DH is actually excited about this one, which is lovely. With our prior 2 he had lots of trouble dealing with the idea of a baby until after birth.

#74 heylo

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:35 AM

Crombeck - I feel like my DH is connected to this one more too. He's been actually involved like examining the POAS to see the line, patting my tummy, and being really positive despite my uncertainty. It's great when they're on board!

AFM, I've been so tired at night. I've been in bed by 9pm every night for the past week. My dreams are going nuts. I'm a sleepwalker when I'm stressed, so I've been getting some exercise overnight haha. The wait for Wednesday's follow up blood test feels like it's going forever :-(

#75 bagelbagel81

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the welcome, all! :)

Madnesscraves- I feel like it's almost worse when you don't vomit because your body still is trying to get rid of everything... Hate that feeling with a passion!

No Real sickness yet myself, but I am feeling really lazy and just CBF especially at the gym (just walking on the treadmill, even!) I am not looking forward to morning sickness, especially with a toddler now. So making use of the free child minding at the gym, even if I am barely doing anything!

Chessie- yes! Must have been from there!! I haven't been back here since 2014- so good to see some familiar faces.

Heylo- my DH is excited too. He was investigating my pee stick too haha. First time round I think he was just in denial about the whole thing. We are even discussing baby names!

I have pretty much told most people close to me already... I am one of those people that finds it easier to be open about it then keep things in (plus I am terrible at secrets.. lol)

I have a GP appointment to confirm everything this Wednesday. They do shared care with Westmead- so looks like I will be going to Westmead Public... Arghh I don't want to get my hopes up, but  things are slowly becoming more 'real' !

Edited by bagelbagel81, 05 September 2016 - 10:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.