Plus sized dating

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_curvaceous_*

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:38 PM

Tell me about online dating when plus sized!

I do have a full length photo of myself and describe myself as overweight but, because my 92 kg size 16 body is reasonably in proportion, I think it's not until you meet me that you realise my actual size.

Recently I met a man for coffee and he did a "Whoa" step back double take. I just couldn't wait to get out of there. If I had had the nerve, I would have just left there and then.

As a rule, I don't accept approaches from men who descibe themselves as slim or slender as I would hate to be much bigger than the bloke.

I'm ready to give up and need to hear some good stories tonight.

#2 JBH

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:49 PM

I am neither plus sized nor dating, but I just wanted to say that is so rude. He doesn't deserve you.

Also, one of the best suited couples I know is a plus sized woman and a very slim and athletic man, who clearly dotes on her and looks at her in a way that makes it clear he thinks she's attractive. I have never, ever heard either of them mention the other's weight either positively or disparagingly. It just doesn't seem to be an issue.

I hope you find someone who isn't a shallow idiot.

#3 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:52 PM

Me: 119 kg, size 20, aged 55.
Him: 136 kg, size XXXL, aged 58.

That was our starting weight. With lots of walking and low cal picnic lunches it is coming down. We get to spend a lot of time together and we are seeing some lovely parts of our local areas as well. While size shouldn't matter I would have to be honest and say that if I had been less of a fatty when I met him I probably would have overlooked him which would have been a shame because he is a lovely man.

#4 laridae

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:57 PM

I wouldn't discount skinny men. My DH is a bit of a beanpole (tall and I don't think he has any fat on him!). I'm short and squat. Works for us!

#5 Guest_curvaceous_*

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:58 PM

I'm glad you've met a lovely man, FGM!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.