I hope you are all well.

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 laciem

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:17 PM

How is everyone going?

I'm disappointed as my morning sickness seems to have returned. I thought maybe I had made it out the other side. A few more weeks maybe.

#3 hungryhippo

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:23 AM

I'm 14 weeks now and seem to get morning sickness about once a week. Random vomiting out of the blue and then feeling average all day. Apart from that, I am going well.

How many weeks are you, laciem?

#4 laciem

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:03 PM

16 weeks. It has flown by!

Sick again this morning. I've been feeling pretty good during the day though which is good.

#5 MerryClumsyXmas

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:17 PM

View Postlaciem, on 19 September 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

How is everyone going?

I'm disappointed as my morning sickness seems to have returned. I thought maybe I had made it out the other side. A few more weeks maybe.

:(  Same here.  Thought I had turned a corner but have become extremely refluxy and the nausea has come back with a vengeance too.  

Had NT scan / 12 wk scan and bloods done. Results earlier in the week showed everything going really well.

#6 baz90

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:33 AM

So I am officialy 7 weeks pregnant and due in March 2017

With identical twins!!! Eeek

I have been dying to tell someone, anybody, everybody. We have only told family that we are pregnant after our 2WW but found out the other day that we are having twins and want to surprise them all with that news.

We have been TTC for 3 years and we just underwent our first Stimulated IVF cycle in August and got a bfp the day after Father's Day and the day before my birthday. Best birthday present ever.

A little nervous about the whole twin situation but soooo ecstatic about it!! I think it is still sinking in haha

Anyone else with twins in here, or do I need to be in another thread. Not really sure how this all works 😝

#7 laciem

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:54 PM

Congratulations baz90! Twins run in my family and I had secretly always hoped for twins but there is just the one for me. Very exciting for you :)

My belly has started to pop out now and I'm embarrassed so say I haven't coped so well with it. I have no idea how to dress myself anymore and I don't feel like I'm looking at myself when I see my reflection. I've always hated when other people comment on my body but I have been especially hating people commenting on it at the moment, even though I know they are coming from a kind place.

I hope once I start to feel some movement that I'll be more accepting of the change. I feel incredibly guilty for feeling this way.

I'm very petite and although I'm in my 30's I had my first "you're too young to be pregnant" comment from a stranger the other day and all I could hear in the statement was "you are not mother material".

Blah rant over. Hope everyone is doing well :)

Edited by laciem, 26 September 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#8 LoveMySnuggles

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

Congratulations baz90! I'm on the twin boat too, once the shock wears off it is very exciting 😊 I don't mean this to sound the wrong way but are you sure your not due in April or May? 7 weeks just seems a bit earlier for a March due date, I'm due 19th March and an 15 weeks.
laciem I'm feeling rather self conscious this time around as I feel so much larger than I feel I should be even though I know I'm being silly as I have 2 babies growing. Try not to let people's comments bother you or over think them, I've been lucky at least most people have had nice comments to say, I've read some women aren't so lucky although I did have one lady confuse me cause I thought she'd be excited but she got very sympathetic and said 'sh*t I'm sorry' and the sorry wasn't for swearing!
Don't feel embarrassed by how you feel especially if this is your first it can be a lot to get used to! But yes once you feel bubba moving it feels so much more real and nice 😊

Edited by LoveMySnuggles, 26 September 2016 - 04:12 PM.

#9 sydowens

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:12 PM

Had morphology scan yesterday at 19 wks and everything is ok!

I'm just a little sad that we're having a boy! I really wanted a girl, but oh well! I'll get over it! DH is happy!

How is everyone else travelling?

#10 pinkblossom

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

Hi everyone

I'm 17 weeks today and feeling massive. Sleeping is already a problem - I've been trying to sleep on my side but have had numb arms and aching knees.

Looking forward to morphology scan in a few weeks. I want to find out the baby's sex and I'm terrified of being disappointed (I have 2 boys and would love a girl).

I'm sorry that some have had awful comments from people. I always get an enormous round beach ball belly by the end of my pregnancies which attracts lots of horrible comments. I wish people would think before opening their mouths.

#11 laciem

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:56 PM

Had my 20 week scan and baby is measuring in the 90th percentile which is a bit of a shock as I'm in the 5th percentile for both adult female height and weight and dad is average height and thin. The sonographer seemed very surprised too but not concerned.

I'm hoping it is just a growth spurt and I don't actually have to face giving birth to a big baby.

#12 MerryClumsyXmas

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:22 PM

I am close to 17 wks and had a gender revealing 3d scan and found out I am having a boy (we were happy either way as long as bub is healthy but i was leaning heavily towards girl).  Nearly every old wives tale was wrong!

I have always been a tummy sleeper / right side sleeper so i am finding the adjustment to left side only really difficult.  A body pillow has helped a little bit with the sore hip/leg/tail situation but i still find myself waking a million times each night.  

All day sickness is totally gone (unless i let myself get too tired or hungry).  I have a lot more energy most days.  

I popped a few weeks ago and it's only becoming noticeable to others now (though i am still getting loads of "you don't look pregnant" comments about my thin frame, etc.  it worries me as i am scared i wont be able to put on necessary weight to maintain a pregnancy)

#13 ~A2~

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:31 PM

Hi all

I hope your pregnancies are going well.

I just wanted pop in and say hi and also let the ladies who are pregnant with twins (congratulations!) know that we have an Expecting Multiples group which may be of interest to you as well.  It can be found here.  It might be helpful if you have specific questions you would like to ask.

You are free to post and share in both groups if you want to.

I have put this link into 3 due in groups today, we seem to have a few twin pregnancies at the moment.

Kind regards

Ali

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.