Due in June 2017

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
422 replies to this topic

#26 Megg*

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:00 PM

Hi All,

Congrats to everyone. Hope we all progress through happy healthy pregnancies!

Hesitantly joining this group, I have been TTC with a fertility clinic for 2 years and in total for 2.5 years.
I have had, 5 rounds, clomid, 3 rounds of IVF, 5 rounds of femara and just did a round of hormone injections. I have had 1 mc at 7 weeks in Jan and a chemical pregnancy 2 months ago.

Am afraid of  the anxious waiting from blood test to blood test so thought I would join a chat group to help me through it :)

I'm only 4 weeks and 2 days...

#27 EJ79

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:08 PM

Welcome and congrats to all the newbies! Our little group is growing! 😊
Terfl I'm going private. We have the cover and because of our history id rather have the full treatment. Also because this is our first and we don't know what to expect. I'd def have no qualms going private for our next one once I know the drill.
As for exercise....I'm terrible and don't do any! Def need to!!!!
How did your lunch go today? Did you trick them?!

#28 Ruby red shoes

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:16 AM

Mil is visiting today. I won't be letting the cat out of the bag as I know she thinks 2 kids is enough. She told me so when ds was a newborn.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

#29 kris3028

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

Good luck Shirley Sue. You MIL sounds quite blunt - I can relate. My MIL is Dutch and certainly follows the Dutch stereotype of lacking the skill of tact haha
I am currently studying FT alongside my job so my weekends are usually spent writing essays :huh: *Yay*
Does anyone have any resources they are already finding useful or found helpful during previous pregnancies? I've found a couple of podcasts I am really liking but there seems to be SO MANY websites, books and resources to look through to find the good ones!

#30 Terfl

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:17 AM

Welcome Megg*! I really hope all is going well for us all.
I went to Pilates Reformer this morning and after doing some research, i was confident it would be ok. But i thought I'd tell the teacher regardless and I'm so glad i did. There were quite a few exercises that she altered for me. Who would have thought this was necessary at this early stage...

#31 KJI

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:53 AM

Welcome Megg. Isn't it great we have each other at our fingertips anytime we're anxious, need to vent or have positive news to share. I have another blood test Tues so I'll let you all know how I go.

Shirley Sue- What's the deal with MILs being so meddling and opinionated? Mine is the same. We want three kids as well. I'm just waiting for the onslaught of 'advice' and opinions from my MIL when the cat is out of the bag. Luckily I have a couple of SILs that have gone through it already and will be a support.

Terfl- that's interesting about modified exercise. Pilates sounds like a wonderful exercise for PG. Was it good?

#32 Ruby red shoes

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:51 PM

I did pregnancy Pilates with my two other pregnancies. I enjoyed the exercise and met a few other local mums and mums to be. Phi covered a bit of it too.

My mil has no filter. Her way is the best way. Her meddling was quite stressful when I was a new mum trying to find my feet. We parent very differently. I regret not listening to my own instincts more. Each mum and child are different. What works for one wont necessarily work for another. It has made me a bit more conscious of what I say and how I speak to new mums.

Birth skills by Juju Sundin is a great book. She has a website too. I also like Pinky McKay's books, website and FB page. I am not a fan of Tizzie Hall.

#33 Megg*

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. :yes:
I had a second blood test and HCG is doing what it should - 62 to 200, three days later. Hope it continues!

Terfl - that is interesting. I go to Mat pilates occasionally and have been wondering at what point is it appropriate to join the pregnancy class....?

Shirley Sue and KJI, I can relate with MILs, she is very outspoken and we often have different views on things. The day after I told her I was miscarrying earlier this year (we were staying with her at the time and I had to explain my crying) she handed me pregnancy tests in the kitchen! :yes: :huh:

Hope you are all well?

Edited by Megg*, 01 October 2016 - 08:13 PM.

#34 Renstar42

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:40 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm 4 weeks today with baby number 2.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.

#35 Terfl

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:36 AM

Welcome Renstar42 and everyone else new here!

I love hearing your MIL stories! I don't think I could cope. My MIL and sadly also my own mum live overseas. So we only get to see them once a year max. Last year my PIL stayed with us for 5 weeks and although it's almost a year ago now, I feel I still haven't quite recovered from it :)

Regarding the exercise - I'm with Virgin Active, where they have a ton of different group classes but none of them are prenatal classes. I've been thinking about requesting a personal trainer session to get a better work out routine. There are always pregnant women in the classes but they're often a lot fitter than me. I will also do prenatal yoga in a local studio. One of my best friends gave birth 2 days ago and she's raving about the classes and how they helped her through the birth. They don't take anyone on until after 12 weeks though.

I bought the book 'Up the duff' yesterday upon reading a recommendation. It explains week by week what's going on.
Shirley Sue, thanks for the Birth Skills recommendation, it looks like a very valuable read later on.

By the way, my boobs are now properly sore, my digestion is somewhat out of whack and I've got a bit of a pulling in my lower abdomen. I'm also still tired and wake up to pee, which is unusual for me. And my appetite is all over the shop.

EJ79, KJI - have you got any more symptoms?

I've decided I don't want to tell anyone else I'm pregnant until after the scan on Oct 19th. And if possible I'd like to wait until I'm 12 weeks. I told my mum last time very early and she was so surprised and happy, she didn't even know this was something we wanted and I know she desperately wanted to be a grandma but she would never put pressure on me. Anyway, she was so so disappointed when I miscarried, which made the whole experience even more horrible. This time I won't say anything until I've got a nice ultrasound pic to show her. If timing works out, I should be 12 weeks on her birthday in November :)

Have a fabulous Sunday, ladies! I'm off to do a nature walk to find a hidden beach :)

#36 jazzycat89

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:40 AM

Terfl - I read 'Up the Duff' with my first and it is just the best! Not to mention friggen hysterical :D I couldn't stop laughing!!

Apart from the ongoing nausea and not being able to tolerate certain smells, today I have also been getting very very dizzy. I remember this from last time and I gotta say... it's not pleasant. Bending down to pick up Mstr 18mo is a terrifying task because I'm not quite sure if I'm just going to keep going headfirst into the ground or not... :wacko:

Is anyone else still POAS obsessed? I've been testing nearly every day just to check it's still a :BFP: :blush: :whistle:

What is everyone else doing in terms of heavy lifting and the like? We've been doing a reno project on the deck of our pool (pulled it all up, fitting new supports and relaying new decking and new fencing). I was helping with everything and now the hubby won't let me! He reckons I shouldn't be lifting wood or moving myself into such awkward positions... so instead I've just been cleaning the house *sigh*

#37 KJI

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:49 AM

That book sounds good Terfl. I'll check it out! My symptoms are similar to yours. Still really tired and get worn out with very little exertion, slow digestion and bloated, appetite out of ordinary, peeing lots and dull cramps. I've had s couple of very mild waves of nausea in the last 2 days so I'm really hoping it's not the start of ms. I've also had a few dizzy spells like you jazzycat. I want to avoid telling ppl for as long as possible too. 12 weeks matches up with a birthday weekend for us too. I was thinking I could get an Aunty happy birthday card for my SIL and see if she cottons on and inside write from us plus baby. I don't want to hijack her birthday lunch though. What do u think?

#38 jessie0000

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:15 PM

Hi all, did the first response test (finally came up bfp) and clear blue digital 1 to 2 weeks. Due around 13/14 June. Already have a 10 month old son. So excited :)

Congrats to everyone :)

#39 Terfl

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:24 PM

Welcome Jessie0000 and big congratulations on your BFP!

Jazzycat89, I haven't test since I've been to the doctor and had my BFP confirmed. I actually thought I was having a MC again as I had some brown spotting before AF was due and only went to the doctor to get this confirmed. Was totally surprised to see pretty high HCG results. Are your lines getting darker? I really wouldn't worry so much about doing more HPTs. You'll have your scan soon, don't you?
In terms of carrying, it's nice that your DH is looking after you like this. I don't think you should be carrying heavy at all. I actually checked with my GP if I could still do Body Pump classes (bar bells with weights) and she said only with the lightest possible weight.

KJI, I think the 'Aunty' card is a very sweet idea but you're right, she might not like that you're hijacking her special day. It really depends what kind of relationship you have to your SIL.

Does anyone else feel like an ice cold beer or cider? Sydney is having the best weather today and I'm desperate for one. I spent the day on this beautiful secluded beach but you had to hike down there to get to it - and back up of course on the way home. It was pretty full on (and hot) and my friend has no idea I'm pregnant, so she probably wondered why I was so unfit, haha. I thought she might drag me to the pub after but luckily she was pretty hungover and needed to detox. I'm now drinking sparkling mineral water with a lemon slice from a wine glass - feels very classy :)

I hope you're all having a great weekend!

#40 jazzycat89

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

Terfl - yeah the lines are getting darker which I'm thankful for :) I only keep doing it because my hCG was pretty low at my first bloods and I still have to make an appointment for a scan and to see my OB - both will take about 2 weeks to get into. I live in a very small rural town so calling tomorrow to make appointments because Friday was a public holiday and when you live in a small country town nothing is allowed to happen on the weekend or else it'll be the apocalypse LOL. In terms of lifting stuff I'm a bit miffed at my hubby, coz I lift up my 12kg son about a million times a day and a piece of bloody wood doesn't weigh that much!

Welcome Jessie and congrats!

#41 EJ79

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

Terfl no major symptoms yet. Still have a lot of CM and am slightly nauseous in the morning and then sporadically throughout the day. Had some mild cramps Thursday and Friday but they've eased off....I was pretty worried.
Seeing my gp Tuesday for a referral so may ask for another blood test to ease my mind as not having my scan until the 25th.

Re the prenatal yoga - I've heard it's really good and really helps. Do you need to have some yoga experience or can a novice do it do you know?

KJI the Aunty card is a lovely idea but depends who will be at the lunch I think? If it's a big crew then it may take the shine away from her day so maybe give it to her when it's just the two of you or you and your partners? It's a lovely way to tell her!

Edited by EJ79, 02 October 2016 - 06:59 PM.

#42 Thagomizer

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:22 PM

Congrats to all the new BFP!

Jazzycat89 - could you do another blood test before your scan to see the levels rising? That might put your mind at ease and wouldn't take as long as booking a scan.

I haven't had any nausea yet, but very tired, had some dizzy spells and some very light cramping which was a bit unnerving. My toddler's sick at the moment which is not helping!

We haven't told anyone yet as I'm planning a big reveal involving my toddler - if only he'd get better so we can get on with it!

#43 jessie0000

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:32 AM

Thanks ladies

So used 3 tests yesterday the first I didn't no how long it took. The net to 2 pretty much said bfp straight away. Took a clear blue digital this am andoing now it says not pregnant 😲. Will go pick up some first response tests today.

#44 EJ79

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:16 AM

Hi Jessie...that's strange the digital said 1-2 weeks the first time and BFN the second? Maybe the second was a dud or the urine wasn't concentrated enough? If you're getting BFPs on the FRER too that's awesome. Maybe get a blood test to ease your mind?

#45 jessie0000

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:27 AM

Did a couple more test this morning all + EJ79. I think you're right and it was a dud. I still have 2 spare tests so will wait a few days and test again. Then book the Dr :)

#46 Jmr85

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

Hi all!

Congrats to everyone :) my due date is 5/30/17 going off my LMP, so decided to join June as that may be likely as well. Also may group seems further ahead than I am ATM. I've done 5 home tests (2 different brands) and all have been positive. Me and my partner are nervously excited as this is our first.

Is it normal to feel really pregnant (sore breasts & frequent urination) week 4 then not have these systems week 5? I've taken 2 more tests and both still come up positive. I'm probably otherthinking and over analysing every little thing lol

Congrats again to everyone!

Edited by Jmr85, 03 October 2016 - 12:14 PM.

#47 kris3028

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:01 PM

I'm so glad you brought this up Jmr85 (and congrats on the BFP)! I too have had moments of feeling 'less' pregnant this week (week5) which has been very unnerving... That, and the mild cramping, and some light spotting which is apparently more to do with the FT meds I am on... It's all so stressful!!!
When is your first scan? I am scheduled for 10/10 for an early pregnancy scan because we have conceived via IVF... I'm so glad because a longer wait might just do my head in!!

#48 KJI

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for the input EJ. It would be immediate family at the lunch. Normally cards and presents are at the end of the lunch. Every niece or nephew has been announced at the Sunday family lunches which is why I'm in a pickle. That would be the day before the 12 week mark. Do I announce that day or the weekend before when I'm only about to go 11 weeks? I'd still be nervous something might go wrong at my 12 week scan and I definitely don't think I could hide it until 13 weeks. I'm rambling... I shouldn't even be worrying about it yet lol.

Welcome JMR85! They often say you're likely to go over with your first so who knows! Happy to have you :) I'm so relieved that a couple of you are also at 5 weeks and feeling moments of not being pregnant. Today I feel rather 'normal' except for still being tired.

That's awesome your scan is on the 10th Kris. I'm so excited for you. It's not far away now! Let us know how it goes :)

#49 e_vonny

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:28 PM

Hi all, I'm tentatively dipping my toes in here. I got a very faint positive yesterday on a FRER (6d late) and I'm waiting for tomorrow morning to test again. I'm a bit worried that the test is so faint at 6d late so I don't want to consider myself pregnant unless the line gets darker tomorrow morning in case it's a chemical pregnancy.
This will be baby #2 for me. I have a 22 month old boy.

#50 e_vonny

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:31 PM

The good news is, I have been feeling a bit queasy and I had an afternoon nap today - doesn't usually happen! So I'm getting some symptoms albeit not too obvious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.