Im also dipping my toes
I tested sat at 11dpo and got a faint pos
Tested again this morning and its def gotten darker
This will be pregnancy#5 baby #3
Mc oct 2011
Ds born aug 2012
Dd born  may 2014
Ectopic and tube  removal july 2016
Wasn't  expecting to get preg again so quick at all so im hesitant to get excited as you can imagine
Will go for a scan on 20th oct check placement
Ive never had a pos preg test before the day after my period  is due and i def know when i ovulated so im hoping its a strong hcg for that to happen
Goodluck to everyone  hope we all have a smooth journey  x

#52 Bbaxter87

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:06 AM

Edd would be 13th june im 4 wks today anyone else due mid june ?

#53 e_vonny

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:21 AM

Thanks Bbaxter. I tested again but the test looks the same as it did 2 days ago which is frustrating. Faint positive. Still no period though. My first kid had a positive test 2days before period due date!
If this turns into a baby my edd is around the 7th based on LMP.

I think you're the first to be here around mid June.

#54 yenta

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:15 AM

Has anyone else had super dry skin since finding out they were PG? Mine has been really dry and itchy, I'm going through a tonne of moisturiser at the moment.

kris - how many weeks will you be at your first scan? I have a 5 week scan scheduled with my FS, I assumed everyone had one at that stage but maybe it's only for IVF patients?

#55 Bbaxter87

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:07 AM

Yenta -  ivf im pretty sure you have a scan in the 5th week
Otherwise they prefer you to wait till 12 weeks or if you require a dating scan to book it in after 14days of a pos test so anytime after 6wks as you may have implanted  later than you think or ovulated later
I saw a hb with ds at 6w1d so wilp go this time at 6wk3d as i went last preg at 7w3 and because was a week later and in tube i need it removed instead of taking  a pill to remove it and save tube

#56 Terfl

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:48 PM

Yenta - I've got super dry skin, you're not alone!

Bbaxter - I'm very sorry about your loss. This sounds awful. You've got me worried re scan date. I wasn't going to have the scan until just before 8 wks due to work commitments and also because my OB offered to do it there when I see him for the first time at 7+6. Now I'm thinking if I should book in an independent dating scan with the referral my GP gave me and maybe go next week to be safe. I'll be 6 wks on Thursday. Did you have any symptoms with your ectopic?

Welcome and congratulations to all the newbies!

#57 Bbaxter87

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

Terfl
The only symptom was not having as severe ms as i had with my previous pregnancies and bleeding after dtd (which even when not preg happens on occasion)
I had no bleeding no pain and its one of the later ectopic preg they had seen they were very surprised i wasnt in pain
I live 600km from adel with litte help here if it had of burst
So im glad i went for a early scan i was going to go 5 days later than the day i  went id hate to imagine what the outcome  might have been if i had!
I do a scan at 6wks for peace of mind and so i can tell grandparents and close friends.
Im sure you have nothing to worry about, i didnt mean to scare you!

#58 e_vonny

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

Terfl, in my last pregnancy I went with an OB and because all my hcg results etc were good, I didn't get a scan until 9w with the OB. I knew all my dates so I didn't get a dating scan beforehand. OB didn't see patients until 8w+. The gp knew I was going to get a scan with the OB so he didn't bother with the dating scan.

Yenta no dry skin here but it might be because I haven't been paying attention to it.

#59 kris3028

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:05 PM

View Postyenta, on 04 October 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

Has anyone else had super dry skin since finding out they were PG? Mine has been really dry and itchy, I'm going through a tonne of moisturiser at the moment.

kris - how many weeks will you be at your first scan? I have a 5 week scan scheduled with my FS, I assumed everyone had one at that stage but maybe it's only for IVF patients?

I will be 6w2d Yenta. My FS mentioned that they do an early pregnancy scan as part of the process so I am thinking its an IVF special :)

And I've had pretty dry skin since I started on my Progynova... Are you on that too?

#60 KJI

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:05 PM

I have dry skin too! I hadn't even thought about it as a symptom but interesting to see a few of us have it. Welcome Bbaxter87. I'm sorry about your ectopic last time and super happy for you that you got pg again quickly. An early scan sounds like nice reassurance that everything is where it should be.
I had my second bloods drawn this afternoon. I'll have the results tomorrow. I'm hoping and praying they are at a good level for 5w1d. I also got a dating scan referral and booked it in the car park before driving home lol. I booked it for 6w3d as that's when I mc last time. I'm really hoping I see a heart beat at that stage to calm my nerves.

#61 Iggy

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:52 PM

Hi everyone, Im tentatively in here. I had a squinter yesterday and its definitely  darker today. AF is due Saturday. Im hoping this little one sticks, as we have had a couple of chemicals in the 8 or 9 months we have been TTC.

#62 Iggy

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:05 PM

View PostBbaxter87, on 04 October 2016 - 06:06 AM, said:

I would be due the 16th June :)

#63 Iggy

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:16 PM

View PostBbaxter87, on 04 October 2016 - 06:06 AM, said:

I would be due the 16th June :)

#64 Bbaxter87

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:43 PM

Congrats iggy
I also got a  squinter at 10dpo today af is due no sign of it and my tests are nearly as dark as control line now
So hard not to get excited  but after losses it dampens  the first trimester!

#65 e_vonny

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:14 PM

Crossing fingers for you Iggy.

I went to the gp today. The wait there took forever, maybe because of the public holiday yesterday in NSW. I got a blood test out of it though. Hopefully they'll have my results on Thursday. I don't work Friday so I'd have to trek in from home to get it if it's on a Friday. Not sure I can wait until next week but I might have to.

#66 EJ79

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

Hi guys. No dry skin here.

Saw my gp today for referral for OB and she sent me for another blood test. Just to see how the hcg is going and if everything is still going ok.
Purely because I'm not seeing the OB until the 25th so this is just reassurance for me because of my history.

Terfl early scans are normally done for people who've had mc/ difficulties in the past. Otherwise they leave it til 10-12 weeks I think. So you're right on track.
I'll be just over 8 weeks for mine I think - erring on the side of caution because we have no idea how far along I am (due to not getting a period since d&c in Aug).

Best of luck with your bloods KJI!

Sorry to hear of your journey Baxter. ☹️️ Congrats on the BFP and good luck with your scan!

#67 KJI

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:30 AM

EJ- that's great you get another bloods for reassurance. Every little test or appointment helps I find. 8 weeks is good timing for your scan too. You should see more by then too. How exciting!! :)

Got my bloods results back. To have doubled every second day it needed to be at 2000. My results were 7298!! I'm so happy they've more than doubled. It's a relief for now until my dating scan next week :)

#68 Terfl

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:34 AM

Good luck with your blood results, everyone!
I've been feeling a little funny since yesterday. Just nervous and a bit agitated. I couldn't really concentrate at work and had this generally feeling of not wanting to be there. I also get these niggling thoughts of 'am i still pregnant?'
Monday was a public holiday here and I had bouts of mild nausea all day and felt incredible tired and exhausted. Forced myself to go for walk and contemplated getting a cab home from the shops which usually a 10 min walk.
But then yesterday it was almost as if i was feeling less pregnant. But some of you said the same so I'm trying not to pay too much attention to it. I'll be 6 wks tomorrow and that when i was diagnosed with missed MC last time, maybe that's what's playing my mind.

#69 kris3028

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:29 AM

Oh Terfl, I can relate to everything you have said! The difficulty concentrating, the feeling 'less' pregnant one day and then feeling exhausted and a bit seedy the next.
But I haven't had your experience with MC so I can imagine the anxious feelings are intensified. I have my fx that you sail through the 6 week mark and beyond this time and find yourself with a beautiful little bub in June :)

#70 yenta

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:03 AM

Bbaxter - thanks for the info, I think I'd go nuts if I had to wait until 12 weeks for the first scan so am glad to be having one soon. Congrats on the positive! I hope it's a perfect little bean :)

kris - yes it must be an IVF special as mine said the same thing. I'm not on any meds so am thinking the dry skin is a pg symptom.

Iggy - congrats on the positive, fx it's a super sticky one.

KJI - excellent numbers, well done :) hope your scan is all good next week.

e_vonny - best of luck for your bloods and I hope they have the results ready tomorrow, fx

Terfl - I get those same niggling thoughts whenever my symptoms subside and I feel less pregnant as well.
I have been sooo tired the past week, I feel like sleeping all the time! Getting up in the morning for work is tough.

#71 Terfl

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:58 AM

Thanks, guys, you definitively made me feel better. Shouldn't have said anything as I've started feeling a bit nauseous after taking my supplements this morning.. let's hope it's not getting worse.

I'm meeting a friend for lunch who is also TTC... she's been on it for 3 months now and already frustrated that she hasn't had any luck yet. She knows about my MC and we usually talk pretty openly about when AF is due etc. Last time I saw her I had just had a BFP but it was a few days prior to AF due so i didn't say anything to her. I also wasnt feeling super positive about it all, so no reason to mention. Now I'm not sure what to do. I feel like I'm betraying her if I don't tell her. On the otherhand i think she might get upset as it's basically the 2nd time that I've fallen pregnant in the time we were both trying. Would you tell her?

KJI, very happy to hear about your great results!

#72 Claire__

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:30 PM

Received a positive today, but want to confirm with doc first, based on LMP I would be due 17th June. Fingers crossed I am :-) First time trying with #1. x

#73 Iggy

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

Congrats Claire. Very exciting.

#74 Ruby red shoes

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

Went to go this morning and am going for blood test tomorrow. I have to fast as they are testing a few other things as well (iron levels etc.)

My skin and hair glow when I am pregnant. Afterwards I shed everywhere and gets pimples. When I was pregnant with Dd I had really itchy skin on my stomach and extremities in my third trimester. I think that was allergy related though. Pregnancy seems to exacerbate my sensitivities.

I have been a bit tired and extra thirsty, but no real symptoms yet. With my two previous pregnancies I didn't have much morning sickness so am not concerned. I had more issues with low blood pressure and feeling faint.

#75 e_vonny

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

Terfl I think you should do what you feel comfortable with regarding your friend. I imagine if you don't particularly want to share yet, you can share if she asks but just don't if she doesn't?
Also, regarding the supplements - they always make me feel nauseous if I take them without eating beforehand. They make me feel like I've got morning sickness and I don't tend to get morning sickness! It goes for both Blackmores and Elevit but probably others too, I haven't tried any others though.

Shirley Sue - I was just going to post about hair. Today one of my work colleagues said my hair looked great and what did I do? I told her I washed it lol! I've heard of how hair can be especially lovely during pregnancy but I've never really noticed the difference.

Claire L - Good luck with the Drs! I called my doc and I'm getting my blood test results tomorrow :) When do you see your doc?

KJI - good to hear about your HCG results! That's brilliant

yenta - thanks for the positive thoughts :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.