Lights flickering (I know sounds corny)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MarsBarSlice

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:59 PM

We have a touch light on each of our bed side tables. You can tap them 3 times to get different levels of brightness. At first I kept finding the lights on and thought the kids had been doing it. They both flash and run through the dimmer settings without being touched. When I try to turn them off they either turn off for a second and then start again or just keep turning back on. They are electric so it is not a battery issue. I thought it might be the globes but it is too coincidental for them both to be doing the same thing. I don't know what to think!  Help!

#2 kpingitquiet

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:14 PM

It's the lamp plugs. I have two touch bedside lamps and they do this from time to time. Freaked me out at first! Consider getting new lamps as they may short out and be a fire hazard.

#3 MarsBarSlice

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

Thank you, will do that.  I agree with you but still find it odd that it's at the same time every day and that they both do it at the same time.

#4 FeralZombieMum

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:24 PM

We have these and they will turn on by themselves - but only when DH is in the ensuite cutting his hair with the clippers.

I would find out what else is on the same circuit that is being used at the same time.

#5 Oriental lily

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

My mum seems to love touch lamps . All I can remember in the 1990s was .

Turn on the radio? Lamp came on . Large truck drove by? Lamp come on .

Use a an appliance in the kitchen ? Lamp come on .

Storm ? Lamp came on .

Then sometimes they would come on for no apparent reason .

Its funny though if you tap them with a fingernail they don't come on!

Of course you would then get a disagreeable lamp that would NEVER come on . No matter what you did .

Solution? get rid of the bloody things !

I will never have a touch lamp in my house .

#6 Caribou

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:53 AM

Touch lamps and remote lights are a PITA! We have one that just randomly turns on in the middle of the night!

I'd just invest in a light with a switch. No paranormal events happening.

#7 HRH Countrymel

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:05 AM

No electrician I know will allow 'touch lamps' in their home.

They are really dangerous if they go wrong, and it sounds as though yours ARE going wrong.

#8 seayork2002

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:10 AM

Electricity powers lights so when it fails it is electricity causing it - I would get new lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.