Post C-Sect question, urination

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bono25

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:40 PM

Hi, I know this is a weird question, but I keep forgetting to ask the nurses :)

I had a C-section last wednesday, and I have yet to pass a bowel movement.  Part me thinks I'm holding on as whenever I do a wee, towards the end I have a sharp pain across my abdomen where the incision is.  I guess I'm worried that if it hurts like that with a wee, then a poo will hurt a hell of a lot more.  Is this pain when urinating common after caesar's or is it worth mentioning to the midwives??

#2 HarrietTheSpy

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

You should mention it to the midwives. With my Caesars, if I hadn't pooed by day 3 they said I would have to take a softener (eg movical) to get things moving. They wouldn't have let me go home without doing one (private hospital).

#3 rosie28

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:57 PM

You should mention it, just in case. Like PP I had both my c sections in a private hospital and wasn't allowed home without a bowel movement. Luckily I managed one on my last night in hospital both times.

#4 IamtheMumma

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

Yes definitely mention it.

#5 Bono25

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:08 PM

Thanks, I've been on movicol now since Saturday, so when it comes, it's going to come :)  I did mention it when I saw them on Monday, and they didn't seem that concerned as I'm still passing wind, which is weird as you'd think the poo would come first!!

#6 Bono25

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:28 PM

Nevermind, the eagle has landed :)

#7 Tinky Winky Woo

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:39 PM

Make sure you put your feet on a step stool.  It really helps especially after a C-section.

#8 Mollyksy

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:14 PM

Mention the wee pain as you'd have had a catheter in and might have an infection perhaps. Glad the 'eagle has landed'! I too wasn't allowed home either until it happened.

#9 c.sanders

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

I would be a little worried too.

My obs recommend microlax for constipation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.