What's the pregnant lady crying for this time?!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 MerryClumsyXmas

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:54 AM

I'm a pretty sensitive chick most of the time so pregnancy hormones have made me very emotional!  I cry at the drop of a hat.  

"What's wrong now?!"  - exasperated DH

My answers have ranged from today's heartfelt "because i just love him so much already and if i could get him the moon and the stars and the sun and the sky i would but i cant and i want him to know i love him and id do anything for him so he'd better stick and be a healthy baby i dont wanna lose him waaaaahhhh"

to ridiculous crap like at the beginning, "we don't have any tinned spaghettiiiiii"  (i went through a week or so where i was obsessed. havent touched it since) and when he suggested baked beans instead it was "but it's  not the saaaaaaame"  like a whingy little kid.  

Just me?!

#2 Silverstreak

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:59 AM

Just popping in to say that when I was pregnant I used to cry at this really cute dog food ad: it showed a puppy growing old with its loving family, set to soft guitar music. I would sob every time!

#3 Ellie bean

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:15 AM

^^ that still makes me cry and my youngest is 3...

#4 MerryClumsyXmas

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:16 AM

That ad made me cry normally even without the hormones!!

#5 Jingleflea

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:18 AM

I cried once because I was SO HUNGRY.
DH had said he'd get dinner, it was after 7 pm and I cried.

He did get his a*se into gear and go get food though, finally, so win!

#6 Me - You

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:27 AM

Two complete different things for me yesterday.

I cried because I couldn't find the towel I wanted to take to hydrotherapy...

Then I cried when I saw the story on the news about the little baby who was operated on at 23 weeks then put safely back in to heal and grow until 36 weeks. I feel like the tears were more justified in this case!

Jenflea, after failing an early GTT at 16 weeks, I cry about being hungry ALL THE TIME! Two hours between meals/snacks is just not reasonable!!

#7 bondgal

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:42 AM

When pregnant with my DD, from 12 - 16 weeks, I would cry everyday at 5pm....for no reason. DH could set his clock by it. Oh, you're upset, must be 5pm!!! It was the weirdest thing.

Did happen once at work where I was literally sobbing at my desk at 1pm and couldn't stop. I ended up taking the afternoon off as I didn't want my whole team seeing me bawling!

#8 Jameelah

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

I have cried over a multitude of crazy things. The craziest I remember was in my last pregnancy when I cried watching a tool demonstration video.. I'm not a tool person but my husband is which is why he was watching it and I happened to be around. I cried because the tools we so well designed. Oh the crazy things that happen because of the hormones.

#9 Jo.F

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:54 AM

When I was pregnant I sobbed because I couldn't peel a banana. The top just kept bending :cry:

#10 alchetta

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:41 PM

I don't even know how many times I've cried, just thinking about crying and reading this thread is enough to make me cry.
I have cried because I was hungry.
I have cried because my partner was going to work on a Saturday when I thought he'd be home to spend the day with me.
I cried because I hired a gardener as a once off because I haven't managed to do any work out there and he pulled out a jasmine that I'd been trying to train up the pergola. I only discovered it the next day when all the waste had been taken away.
I cried because I was angry because I cried at a McDonalds ad.

#11 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:49 PM

When pregnant I cried because he kitchen timer broke. Big fat tears and sobbing.

#12 Bono25

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:41 PM

I cried because I couldn't find my favorite pair of trackies :)

#13 MooGuru

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:13 PM

Have come in from recent topics.

I cried because that guy who songs the song left his cake out in the rain and he'll never have the recipe again.

He. Will. NEVER. Have. The. Recipe. Again.

Heartbreaking isn't it. Mmmmmm yes I had to pull off the motorway and pull over I was so overwhelmed the heartbreak. :rofl:

#14 Gegemite

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:46 PM

We were half way through an overseas holiday when I remembered I'd forgotten to turn the dishwasher on before we left.

#15 **Xena**

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:49 PM

I sobbed the other day because I couldn't get my hair cut. Damn hormones :lol:

#16 Literary Lemur

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:02 PM

I cried because I wanted to knit a shawl but I didn't have the wool or pattern.   Many years ago but I can still recall the urgent need to knit.  I never did  knit it.  I can't recall why.

#17 *~ThursdaysChild~*

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:20 PM

I cried because someone at work, after a two week break saw me and said "Oh, you're really starting to look pregnant now" because (a) Did I just look fat before? and (b) I was REALLY starting to look pregnant and I was so happy.

I cried because I had worn my favourite socks before I went into labour and they weren't washed and ready to wear while I was IN labour.

I cried because I couldn't find the lid to a plastic container.

I cried because the tree out the front of our house lost its leaves really late in winter and hadn't started regrowing them until really late in spring. It seemed like the whole universe was out of alignment and it made me so sad.

#18 rosie28

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

In my second pregnancy I cried because my DH pruned the rose bush. He did it wrong and I was worried it would die. It's fine, thriving actually.

In my first pregnancy, like a PP, I cried because I wanted to knit something and didn't have the correct supplies. Then I cried because I had to be induced early and hadn't finished the knitting for the baby. I stayed up very late the night before he arrived....

#19 Tell5504

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:47 PM

I am not an emotional person at all, but had a full sobbing meltdown in the park the other day after I took my toddler with me to get a blood test (for me) and he had such a meltdown that the nurse said he couldn't take my blood as it would be too dangerous. I was at my wit's end, couldn't work out how to get the blood test I needed without taking the toddler along. 😭

Edited by Tell5504, 26 October 2016 - 08:48 PM.

#20 MrsG2

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:50 PM

I cried when my medibank card stopped working and I had to pay for a dental checkup. Got the payment back as our cards stopped working , but I still had a full on cry to DH about how it was all his fault

#21 Ellie bean

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:54 PM

View Post**Xena**, on 26 October 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

I sobbed the other day because I couldn't get my hair cut. Damn hormones :lol:
Oooh I see you're having number 5 Xena, congratulations!

#22 Contrebasse

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:14 PM

I am loving the parallels between this thread and 'my toddler is crying because'... :-)

#23 namie

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:44 PM

My DP sounds exactly like yours. I'm a bit of a cryer anyway, so he's used to it now, but during pregnancy it was way worse.

Especially with subsequent pregnancies because then the toddler/s would be doing something incredibly cute and set me off. I remember DS1 patting me on the arm one time 'It's ok mummy. Daddy! Mummy hurted herself'. Then to explain I hadn't hurt myself, I was crying at how cute he was while playing, then crying more at how sweet he was with my tears
:wub:  He's still a bit of a sweetie if I'm sad.

Hunger was one of the main things to set me off crying during pregnancy, but it made me hangry while breastfeeding lol!

#24 alchetta

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:09 AM

View PostContrebasse, on 26 October 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

I am loving the parallels between this thread and 'my toddler is crying because'... :-)

I am definitely aware of that when I sulk, pout, put on the puppy eyes and whimper for DP to bring me whatever it is I need! Usually food.

#25 **Xena**

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:37 AM

View PostEllie bean, on 26 October 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

Oooh I see you're having number 5 Xena, congratulations!

Thanks Elliebean :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.