Due in July 17 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
199 replies to this topic

#1 ~A2~

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:47 AM

Hi everyone

Congratulations on your pregnancies.

Here is a chat thread for you all to chat to each other and introduce yourselves.  I will start a new thread each time the post count reaches 100+ posts.

Please take a second the read the guidelines and information posted for this area and let me know if you have any questions etc.

Kind regards

Ali

EB/EK Moderator

#2 sandy34

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:05 PM

Gold?

Off to puke! Brb.

#3 Kallie88

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:11 PM

Silver lol.

Hope the morning sickness eases for your Sandy

#4 Fourtoadore

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:42 AM

Congrats! Yes we will be finding out! I have also sent you a message

View Posttragicrainbow, on 11 November 2016 - 03:52 AM, said:

Just discovered today that I'm due around the 19th of July next year! So exciting! :BFP: Is anyone going to find out the sex of their baby when the time comes? Or are you leaving it as a surprise?

#5 Fire_Lady_82

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:05 AM

Congratulations tragicrainbow! We found out with our first but we kept it to ourselves - it was a surprise for all of our family and friends, it was tough to keep it a secret when we knew

#6 HKT2017

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:19 PM

Congratulations on your BFPs ladies! I'm tentatively popping my head in here! I got my BFP this afternoon, it's a very early one, at 8dpo - I'm really impatient!! If all works out this will be our rainbow baby after a loss earlier in the year and kiddo #2. We will definitely be finding out the gender as we did with our son - did I mention that impatient?!!

Edited by MummaK66, 12 November 2016 - 11:06 PM.

#7 Kallie88

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:15 PM

Congratulations tragicrainbow and Katay81!
Katay, sorry to hear about your loss, I hope this one is nice and sticky!

We didn't find out last time, we probably won't this time because I'd rather not tell people if we knew and DH knows he wouldn't be able to keep it to himself lol.

#8 mummabubba1

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:57 AM

Hi All,
I received two positive pregnancy tests last night at around 14DPO (I have long irregular cycles)... dates would have me due around 22nd July - I will have blood tests of Friday.
It will be my first pregnancy and I will find out the gender.

Still in shock!!

#9 msjme

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:01 PM

Congrats to everyone new ! So many new people - it's awesome ! Just got back from
My gp and my bloods taken on Friday at 5w0d was 2200... anyone else had their hug taken ?

#10 sandy34

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:38 AM

Congrats everyone!

Sorry to hear about your loss tragicrainbow. Wishing you an uneventful 9 months.

To answer some of your questions. With my 1st I never got my HCG tested. Dr said that a pee test is just as sensitive and congrats. Other bloods need to be done by first midwife appointment. I'm sure an ob could do it too.
The dating scan comes at 7 weeks and is again optional. This one is good because you get to see a heartbeat and that is reassuring.
If you want to go midwife group practice, get to the dr ASAP as numbers are limited and you need a referral.

#11 sandy34

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:39 AM

Oh, I'm finding out the sex but DH doesn't want to know. It's going to be interesting!

#12 Kallie88

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:39 AM

I don't know that there's any official bloods done by, but dating scan is usually around 8 weeks when bub should be big enough to get a heartbeat.
Congrats mummabubba1, the first is super exciting, have you booked in to see your gp?

#13 mummabubba1

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:53 PM

View PostKallie88, on 15 November 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

I don't know that there's any official bloods done by, but dating scan is usually around 8 weeks when bub should be big enough to get a heartbeat.
Congrats mummabubba1, the first is super exciting, have you booked in to see your gp?

Thanks! I'm booked in for this Friday.
When everyone is talking about however many weeks they are, is that foetal age or gestational age..? (sorry I'm still learning all the terminology).

The first date of my last period was 6th October, conception 29th October - my cycles were long and irregular. How many weeks would I be (to know when I should have an ultrasound/dating scan)

Thanks all  :smile:

#14 Kallie88

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:12 PM

Awesome mumma, how exciting. Generally its from your last period, so i should be about 5 weeks, conception would have been 2-3 weeks ago. When i have the dating scan I'll have a better idea of how accurate that is. Your gp should get a good estimate of how far along you are from your hcg levels and use that to let you know when to have your scan (that's what happened for me my first time anyway) hope that helps and all makes sense lol

#15 *Jasmine*

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

View Postmummabubba1, on 15 November 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

When everyone is talking about however many weeks they are, is that foetal age or gestational age..? (sorry I'm still learning all the terminology).

The first date of my last period was 6th October, conception 29th October - my cycles were long and irregular. How many weeks would I be (to know when I should have an ultrasound/dating scan)

That's a tough one because it usually goes by the start of your last period. My last period was 6 October as well which makes my EDD 13 July 2017. But yours might be later because you ovulated late. Maybe the date of ovulation + 2 weeks before that would be how many weeks you are? I'm going to put in a guess you are 4.5 weeks!

#16 mummabubba1

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostKallie88, on 15 November 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

Awesome mumma, how exciting. Generally its from your last period, so i should be about 5 weeks, conception would have been 2-3 weeks ago. When i have the dating scan I'll have a better idea of how accurate that is. Your gp should get a good estimate of how far along you are from your hcg levels and use that to let you know when to have your scan (that's what happened for me my first time anyway) hope that helps and all makes sense lol

Great, thanks!
I'll report back after my appointment Friday :smile:

#17 mummabubba1

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:21 PM

View Post*Jasmine*, on 15 November 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

That's a tough one because it usually goes by the start of your last period. My last period was 6 October as well which makes my EDD 13 July 2017. But yours might be later because you ovulated late. Maybe the date of ovulation + 2 weeks before that would be how many weeks you are? I'm going to put in a guess you are 4.5 weeks!

So confusing but thanks! I guess I'll wait to see what the GP says. I'm hoping I'll be able to do shared care with her but I don't actually know which is supposed to be my closest maternity hospital.

#18 Ezzra

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:19 PM

Hi All
I found out I got a bfp today this will be baby #2 my first born is almost 18 months.
I love my first DIG so excited to get into another one.
By my calculations 27th of July!
Hopefully everything will go a smoothly as it did with my first born.
This arvo I'm feeling nauseated and have the munchies on dry biscuits.

#19 jadeykiss

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

Hi! We just moved to QLD from SA, just got out BFP yesterday bit of a surprise! This is bub 3 have 2 girls 5 and 1.

#20 Taz82

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:00 PM

Hi everyone,
I got my BFP yesterday and by calculations should be due around 24th July.  This will be my 2nd pregnancy as I miscarried in September, so am a little hesitant at the moment and didn't expect it to happen so quickly.  My period was due yesterday so am going to wait till the end of the week and maybe do another test or go to the doctors then.  No major symptoms yet, feeling tired but that's not uncommon in my line of work for this time of the year. Fingers crossed it sticks. Hoping you all have a good week. :)

#21 *Jasmine*

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

So stressed right now. I've only just had enough hydralite and water to stop my lips from chapping because I was so dehydrated (no vomiting but major loss of appetite it's even difficult to sip water - it's strange) and a colleague rings and says she's got a nausea/vomiting bug so is home but 'might come in later'.... oh god... why?! I said it's fine I'll hold the forte don't come in but I suspect she might, and probably will even when she's still contagious tomorrow.

Why are people so inconsiderate. I'm honestly about to cry at the thought of catching it when I already feel lousy :(

#22 Kallie88

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:23 AM

Congratulations ezzra, jadeykiss, and Taz82.
Ezzra my first dig was great too, hoping for the same this time :)
Taz hope it's a sticky one for you!!

#23 sandy34

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:58 AM

View Postmummabubba1, on 15 November 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

Google due date calendars. Put in the date for you last period and an average length of your cycle or the length of your last cycle if you don't have an average. It won't be exact, of course, but should give you something to go on.

Eta: there are also things that will tell you how far along you are. Some in due date calendars/ some you can google how far along am i?

Edited by sandy34, 16 November 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#24 El_see

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:01 PM

Hi All,
I'm tentatively joining this DIG. Just got my BFP this  morning. This will be #1 for DH & I. I've booked a Gp visit to get my bloods done tomorrow. Anything I need to know about the initial GP visit?

#25 luckyducky

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:23 PM

Congratulations EL_see :) what wonderful news.

The first doc visit pretty uneventful.  They will probably send you off for a blood test to confirm, and discuss options re public/private, whether you have a preferred Ob or if you will go publicly without one.

Have fun, and enjoy :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ahrefs (1)

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.