Due in July 17 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
199 replies to this topic

#176 Harriet00

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:48 PM

Hi All,

Currently pregnant with my first baby.

I originally thought my due date was 19th July but after my dating scan it has been shifted to 28th July.

Excited, terrified etc etc!!!

I've already been diagnosed with gestational diabetes which been difficult. I've been having really bad morning sickness and forcing myself to stick to the diet (which means eating when i couldn't think of anything worse) has been challenging, July feels like a millennium away!

I have already started telling select people, I am terrible at keeping secrets. I know it isn't the "done" thing to tell people before 12 weeks, but I couldn't help myself!

#177 savannah_8

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:47 PM

Harriet tell who you want if you trust them, I feel like if the worst happened and I lost this baby I would have support from those closest to me. I do hate this wait until the 12 week scan in mid January is excruciating I hate not knowing what's going on in there and apart from tiredness and a bit of nausea I don't look pregnant yet (I know that will change quicksmart lol) and I hate having to drink the water for the scan, last time I almost peed my pants so the lady told me to empty half my bladder! So so mean! Lol lol

Edited by savannah_8, 12 December 2016 - 08:48 PM.

#178 Wizzmyster

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm a first time mum-to-be, and rather scared/excited about it! (As is my DH! [looked up the lingo])  Only found out for sure when I was at 7 weeks, and didn't get much helpful info from GP I saw then. :dry:   Had better info from different GP I saw Monday just gone, who actually has kids herself.  Booked in with her for the end of this week for the 10 week scan? test? idunno?  Will be expensive either way.  Might be the test thingy because i'm 37?  Can't remember.  Funnily enough, I had big question marks over my head when I was 2 weeks late for monthly, and (TMI) discharge had changed.

Hubby & I had been TTC since we'd moved to a quiet family-friendly place. So, YAY! It finally worked out! :thumbs:

Umm.. bubby is due for 15th July, which is hilariously between both DH & my birthdays! *giggles*

Have only had the 'morning' sickness for 1-2 weeks so far, but I'm already completely over it. -.-  Nauseous enough to not want to eat, but having to try and figure out something at least to eat.  At least milk still goes down a treat. :grin:

I couldn't keep quiet about our news, so had been talking to mum about things first, then told her and my DH at the same time when GP confirmed the pregnancy. Told my Grandma (in her 90's) about it the next day. A week later, broke the news to my sis, and she was sooooo excited. :excite:  She was begging me to let her do the baby shower for me. *giggles*

Bubby has been so wanted for so long, DH & I have already chosen what to name either gender.

Have to find a way to 'settle' myself a bit, as I'm a little too restless to do the reading I NEED to do, in books and websites inclusive. :shrug:
Wish me luck! (and sorry for the 'essay' of a first post!!)

#179 Kallie88

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

Welcome to the newbies and especially first timers, it's a super exciting time, and feel free and welcome to ask if you have any questions. 12 weeks does seem to be the 'done' thing, but I told pretty much everybody at 5-6 weeks last time because we'd been ttc for 2 years and i could not hold it in! It really depends what you're comfortable with. I probably would have told everyone about this one already, but dh wanted to wait a bit longer this time. So i said Christmas, which is only 10 weeks, but feels like forever to wait! Lol. Hope everyone's getting through ms OK, i got some Maxalon from the gp yesterday so we'll see if that helps. Xxx

#180 *Jasmine*

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:36 PM

Wizzmyster my guess is your 10 week test may be the NIPT/Harmony blood test? I know that's expensive and done around that time.

#181 *Jasmine*

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

I'm telling everyone just after Christmas when I finally hit my second trimester. I haven't done too badly, have had to come up with some excuses to not eat/drink certain things and do certain activities but I've been mostly okay. Dying to tell my friends more than anything lol.

#182 ~A2~

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

Hi ladies

I hope you are all well.

Just a reminder that guidelines do not permit the mention of Facebook groups at all in the thread.  Contact for the group is to be made via PM.  This also includes if it is mentioned as  a secret group etc.

Kind regards

Ali

#183 mezzamy

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

Hey everyone!

So glad I found this forum - due 21 July with our first 😊

How is everyone feeling?

I'm up to week 11 now and still can't seem to go a day without napping 😳 Also thought I'd gotten through the MS phase fairly unscathed (have had some constant low level nausea but nothing too bad) but over the last week I've had three instances where I've had to run to the bathroom to be sick, ughh

NT scan next week which has me both excited and super nervous!

#184 kittn

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:20 PM

You're due only a couple of days after me. :)
Apart from crazy sensitive nipples and wanting afternoon naps (and I have never been one for naps in the daytime) I feel great! The mild nausea, lower abdominal cramping and lack of appetite settled down a couple of weeks ago. To the point where I forget I'm pregnant. Which then gives me anxiety that something's gone wrong and I just don't know it yet. I have no other bad signs though, so I know that really I'm just being a worrywart.
I'm now hanging out for results of the Harmony test (should get them this week) and I have the NT scan booked for the 9th. Might be able to breathe a little easier after that - can't wait to announce some happy news!

#185 mezzamy

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

View Postkittn, on 01 January 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

You're due only a couple of days after me. :)
Apart from crazy sensitive nipples and wanting afternoon naps (and I have never been one for naps in the daytime) I feel great! The mild nausea, lower abdominal cramping and lack of appetite settled down a couple of weeks ago. To the point where I forget I'm pregnant. Which then gives me anxiety that something's gone wrong and I just don't know it yet. I have no other bad signs though, so I know that really I'm just being a worrywart.
I'm now hanging out for results of the Harmony test (should get them this week) and I have the NT scan booked for the 9th. Might be able to breathe a little easier after that - can't wait to announce some happy news!

Haha I'm such a worrier too, I whinge about feeling sick/crampy and then when I don't feel anything I think something must be wrong. Can't wait til we can start feeling some movements!

Good luck with all of your scans!

Has anyone here made it into the second trimester and gotten their energy back?

#186 Appleblossom007

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hi everyone. How is everyone going? I haven't posted in a while but time finally seems to be speeding up and I'm due for my 12 week scan this week. Was also hoping to have the NIPT this week but most pathology places that do it are currently shut around here (ACT).
This will (hopefully) be my second baby, third pregnancy. I had a pretty tough first one and a bit scared that some of the symptoms have started to return (GD, severe pelvic instability, irritable uterus, o-neg blood, placenta in the wrong place, macro baby and  emergency c-sec due to polyhydramnios at 36 weeks)! Biggest fear is getting the pelvis instability again. So painful. Did anyone else have to suffer through this one?
I'm not sure the chances of reoccurence of any of those things, but not really looking forward to any of them!

#187 kittn

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

Dammit, I have to get blood re-drawn for the Harmony test (actually it's Percept now that I think about it) because they didn't get enough of a sample.
I did wonder about that - they need at least 7ml and the guy at the clinic sort of underfilled the 9ml vial.

Plus I'm fat, which can make a difference. :annoyed:

So back I go between 13 and 14 weeks, and another 2-3 weeks before a result. Hmph.
NT scan happens before then!

#188 TheBoss

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

Welcome Mezzamy

kittn - that's really annoying about the harmony test. I hope the next one works.

View PostAppleblossom007, on 02 January 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

I'm not sure the chances of reoccurence of any of those things, but not really looking forward to any of them!

You sure did go through a lot :( I had SPD with my last pregnancy. It was a twin pregnancy and it was very bad. I ended up with a walking frame. I am nervous about this pregnancy. Although it's only a singleton, I'm starting to feel the pain in my pelvis, and I'm only 14 weeks. I'm nervous about what that means for the next 26! I've been googling things I can do to prevent it. I think I'll start with a physio.

#189 mezzamy

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

Thanks TheBoss! Hope the pelvic pain settles down :pray:

kittn - so irritating :no:  when are you due for your NT scan?

ive got mine tomorrow so fingers crossed they also have the blood results from next week - i'm thinking given the time of the year/public holidays they may not have come through yet. I had a very nervous guy take my blood sample, don't even know if he got the right amount of blood to be honest.

hoping to see an active baby tomorrow! sometimes I don't even feel pregnant, so really looking forward to seeing if everything is still progressing

hope you're going ok appleblossom007!

#190 kittn

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:45 PM

NT scan is Monday, so not too far away thankfully.

I don't feel pregnant either! Although that vague slightly-but-not-really nauseated feeling was back this morning. I thought I was past that, grr.

#191 mezzamy

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:55 PM

ugh I get that on and off too! I've also had some uhh....unusual bowel movements which is irritating/uncomfortable. it's like my body can't make up it's mind what it's doing. I don't necessarily feel pregnant though :laugh:

im feeling really bloated in the stomach today. it's probably too early to be showing but im having some issues with clothing clinging a bit to the tummy region. I feel like my regular stomach pouch is getting a bit harder to suck in :omg:

#192 mezzamy

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

NT scan today - all went really well, so super chuffed.

Haven't been feeling very pregnant lately so was a bit nervous going into this, but lucky enough to see a super active bub kicking and punching with a heart rate of 163. It was all the way at the back so made life difficult for the technician, but we got some lovely pics anyway.

Blood tests also came back fab, so risk ratings currently 1:8197 for down syndrome, 1:32599 for trisomy 18 and 1:60012 for trisomy 13

Hope everyone else is going well and best wishes for anyone with upcoming scans!

#193 Kallie88

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Great to hear how everyone's going. Haven't posted in ages, just trudging along here, feeling very sick, hoping now I've got 12w that it'll go away. Scan next Friday, looking forward to seeing bub properly for the first time

#194 kittn

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

Had the NT scan today and it was great! Such a wriggly little baby, amazing. I had no idea they moved around so much when they're this small.
No official results back today but the sonographer was pretty happy at the time. The nuchal fold wasn't too thick, there was a nasal bone and all the other bits and bobs they check (heart, stomach, kidneys, spine, retronasal triangle and surely more things I can't remember) were all on track from what she could tell.

I may have sobbed just a little bit when she played the heart trace. :)

#195 Mackenzie18

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

Hi all

This is my first pregnancy and it has been a bit of a rocky start. As I thought I got my period, I didn’t realise I was pregnant until I had a heavy bleed what I thought was mid-cycle and went to my GP (6 weeks from LMP at this stage).  My first two blood tests showed I was pregnant but my hCG levels only went up 40% and my GP was worried about an ectopic pregnancy. A scan ruled this out but also couldn’t see a fetus.  The midwife at my local EPAS unit felt it was very likely I was having an anembryonic pregnancy (blighted ovum) and discussed miscarriage treatment options with me.  Things were looking pretty dire but happily a scan the next week showed a fetus with a good heart rate although measuring a bit behind the LMP dates.  

I have been feeling sick since before I found out I was pregnant and with the difficult start, have been worrying a lot.  I also have a negative blood type so have had to have a couple of anti-D injections, requiring some unpleasant visits to ED.  I just started to feel more confident in the last few days as I had to have an unscheduled scan due to my GP being concerned about continued spotting over the holidays.  The scan showed baby moving around a lot, heart rate of 174 and measuring a day ahead of the last scan (11w2d) :yes:  It was such a relief and I have (cautiously) started letting myself get a bit excited now.  EDD is 26/7.  I have my NT scan scheduled for next week.

I realise now I knew absolutely nothing about pregnancy and how hard it could be.  It has been a steep learning curve!

Edited by Mackenzie18, 10 January 2017 - 08:07 PM.

#196 Kallie88

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:16 PM

Great news for your scan kittn, the 12w is my favorite scan!

Wow Mackenzie, that is definitely a rocky start to your first pregnancy, but great news that everything is looking good now :) hope the rest of your journey is nice and uneventful

#197 sa5h

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

Sadly I have to bow out of this DIG. :(

I was meant to be due 25/07/2017 but unfortunately found out the week before Christmas that I'd had a missed miscarriage. Baby was measuring 6w1d when I should had been almost 9 weeks along and had not grown from a scan 2 weeks earlier.
I miscarried naturally over the Christmas/New Years break which was really devastating but is getting a little less awful by the day.

Wishing all of you lovely ladies healthy and happy pregnancies. xo

#198 Eggshells

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum and am due July 8th. Nice to see everyone sharing their experiences so far. I had my first pregnancy oct 2014 but miscarried by dec, so this is my second pregnancy and all is looking well so far going by the NT scan. I have been hesitant about telling people given my last experience so my parents only found out on the weekend and only a couple of very close friends know. I am hoping my first midwife appointment in a couple of weeks will give me a little peace of mind so I can start spreading the news a little wider...

Sa5h, I am so sorry to hear. I hope you are doing well and taking care of yourself.

Xx

#199 mezzamy

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

oh sa5h I'm so sorry to hear :sorry:  my thoughts are with you during this difficult time

hope you're feeling better Mackenzie18!

welcome Eggshells :D

kittn so glad your scan went well. isn't it the craziest thing seeing it kick and move around? very surreal to still not feel anything and yet have this little active baby in your tummy.

I was really amazed at when the lady doing the scan got me to cough, and it startled the baby and it started rolling around :lol: i'm feeling much better this week - still a little bit tired but definitely on the up. has anyone started showing? im looking a bit more bloated than usual

all the best for your scan tomorrow Kallie88

#200 ~A2~

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

Thread closed.

New thread here:  http://www.essential...-chat-thread-2/

sa5h - I am sorry to read of your loss.  Please take care of yourself x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.