Due in July 17 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
199 replies to this topic

#26 *mumoftwoboys*

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

Just got my bfp last night. Assuming I'm due in July but have a dating scan Saturday. Still in shock. Last baby was after 2 years and fertility help and this one has happened after 3 months of barely trying. Excited to follow this journey with you all

#27 *Jasmine*

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:16 PM

I'm having my dating scan on the 28th when I should be 7.5 weeks. My cycles weren't clear cut 28 days so there's a chance I may have ovulated earlier or later so I'll have it done, I went through a fertility clinic and I think they like to do the dating scan to make sure everything's ok.

I had those blood tests just before falling pregnant. Haven't got my results yet but assuming everything is fine. Pretty sure my rubella immunity is good.

#28 sandy34

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:40 PM

I'm getting my dating scan next week. Can't wait.
My Dr suggested it because of how sick I've been, so early. He thinks dates could be off (not possible) or twins. I just think I'm sensitive to HCG.

I also like to see the heartbeat. Just for reassurance.

#29 Kallie88

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:58 AM

Yeah i got all those tested with my hcg, good to have it all checked and it off the way, just low vit d for me.
My dating scan should be bulk billed, all mine last time were except the 12 weeks one because i decided to go to a private place, will probably do the same this time

#30 sandy34

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:56 AM

All mine were bulk billed too. I didn't have the 12 week scan- doesn't seem the done thing in Sydney and I didn't get the nuchal scan last time.

#31 Sabs22

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

Hi everyone! I've decided to join in - I am starting to believe it's real! I'm 4 -5 weeks now due around July 25 by my calculations. Confirmed with Bhcg at 4 weeks of 459. GP didn't want to repeat it - so it really doesn't mean much! Just makes me happy that it's 'up there'! I conceived on my third round of clomid.
I'm swinging from pure joy to freaking out, I'm having lots of 'feelings' and mild cramps in my pelvis usually off to the side on both sides and my back is aching. I know this is all normal, but still scares me :/ Anyone else get this?
Can't wait for dating scan in a couple of weeks, I think it will put my mind at ease.
Already booked in with my caseload midwife, had to get the referral in nice and early  :)

#32 Amelie_

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

View PostSabs22, on 17 November 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:

I'm having lots of 'feelings' and mild cramps in my pelvis usually off to the side on both sides and my back is aching. I know this is all normal, but still scares me :/ Anyone else get this?

Hi Sabbs22 :)

I'm also around 4 and a half weeks, and have been getting cramps on and off and occassional lower back pain for the last few days. It does make me nervous, but I have heard that it is quite normal, so I am hoping it's just my body adjusting :)

It does help to hear that I am not alone!

#33 El_see

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:14 PM

View PostSabs22, on 17 November 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:

Hi everyone! I've decided to join in - I am starting to believe it's real! I'm 4 -5 weeks now due around July 25 by my calculations. Confirmed with Bhcg at 4 weeks of 459. GP didn't want to repeat it - so it really doesn't mean much! Just makes me happy that it's 'up there'! I conceived on my third round of clomid.
I'm swinging from pure joy to freaking out, I'm having lots of 'feelings' and mild cramps in my pelvis usually off to the side on both sides and my back is aching. I know this is all normal, but still scares me :/ Anyone else get this?
Can't wait for dating scan in a couple of weeks, I think it will put my mind at ease.
Already booked in with my caseload midwife, had to get the referral in nice and early  :)

Hi Sabs22,
I'm also just over 4 weeks (due 26th July) and I'm still getting cramps on my left side and backaches. I'm seeing my GP tonight to organise a blood test/ confirm pregnancy so I'll be asking her a lot of questions including "Should I still be cramping?". How are you feeling otherwise?

Edited by El_see, 17 November 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#34 sandy34

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:45 PM

View PostEl_see, on 17 November 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

Hi Sabs22,
I'm also just over 4 weeks (due 26th July) and I'm still getting cramps on my left side and backaches. I'm seeing my GP tonight to organise a blood test/ confirm pregnancy so I'll be asking her a lot of questions including "Should I still be cramping?". How are you feeling otherwise?

I'm 7 weeks and still getting mild, random cramps. It's just your body adjusting. If I remember correctly, it's also worse in your 1st pregnancy.

#35 Fourtoadore

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

So I just typed a super long post and it fricken vanished GAH!!!!! So anyway will keep it super short! Congrats to all the new members, I hope they are all sticky bubbas xxx

I have messaged a few of you, if you havent received a message please let me know so we can all chat further!!!

I had my dating scan on Monday, all was great...measured 5+6 and a HB of 115bpm :)

#36 Sabs22

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:27 PM

View Post*AmyC, on 17 November 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Hi Sabbs22 :)

I'm also around 4 and a half weeks, and have been getting cramps on and off and occassional lower back pain for the last few days. It does make me nervous, but I have heard that it is quite normal, so I am hoping it's just my body adjusting :)

It does help to hear that I am not alone!

#37 Sabs22

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:29 PM

Sorry! Didn't write my reply above! Glad it's not just me too. Hopefully it settles down soon. I think I'll relax after the first trimester honestly!

#38 LACC

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:17 AM

Hi Everyone.

We have been trying for our first for around 8 months.

On Tuesday night I took a pregnancy test (despite being positive I had period cramps) and it was positive. I was 3 days past due for my period.

I went to the doctor Wednesday and had the blood work up and am pregnant!

All of the online calculators (not sure how accurate they are?) tell me I am due on July 23 2017!

I am beyond excited.

I have a 6 year old stepson and have wanted one of my own for as long as I can remember.

In terms of symptoms - I seem to be textbook! Nausea (no vomiting yet), not interested in most foods just lemon cordial and crackers, lower back pain, mild cramping, sore boobs, tired, mood changes (my husband thought I was loosing my mind before we found out) and really itchy skin!

I am literally jumping out of my skin - think it will be the longest 8 weeks of my life before I can tell anyone.

Anyway, thought I would say hi!

Lucy x

#39 *Jasmine*

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:24 AM

How very exciting Lucy - I had what I thought were period cramps too so I wrote the cycle off, little did I know it was my little embryo making his way in! I've had a baby of my own, but that was 10 years ago so I've obviously forgotten a lot of symptoms lol.

Totally agree - 8 weeks before telling anyone, especially while sometimes feeling pretty exhausted - is really difficult!! I have a 10 year old DS who I can't even yet tell because he is shockingly bad at keeping secrets.

#40 sandy34

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:00 PM

Response to tragicrainbow- it didn't like quoting.

In NSW, the nuchal test is not compulsory. I chose not to have it with my DS because I was low risk and I wouldn't abort if it was positive. It's not a D&C, it's an abortion. A child with Down Syndrome is a viable pregnancy. 100% a personal choice but with DS I wasn't going to do it. At $680, it was also a financial decision.

This time, because I am higher risk, the dr has recommended the nipt (harmony test) over the nuchal test as it tests for a few different genetic issues and is more precise, we're going to do this. Apparently, it comes with 'a bit of a look' but not necessarily a full diagnostic scan. I can't say what we'd do if it came back positive . I'd like to say that we'd keep it but.....

NB: I am 100% pro choice and it would be a devastating choice to make. We just made (and will make) the decision that best fits our family.

Edited by sandy34, 18 November 2016 - 12:02 PM.

#41 Kallie88

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:31 PM

It is really interesting the differences across states. I had the nuchal my first pregnancy and it really seemed like a given. I'm low risk, but i think i prefer to know what I'm getting into either way. Whether that would end in an abortion is kind of a separate decision for me. I mostly want to have it this time because it was so amazing seeing bub so clearly for the first time, we got it on DVD and its a precious memory for me now. So very much sentimental rather than medical reasons  lol. Everyone's different, that's what makes places like this so awesome, i love hearing what everyone thinks.

Is anyone else feeling really unmotivated at the moment? I think it's the nausea but i've really just wanted to sit on the couch and do nothing the past week, bit hard with a 1 year old haha

*edited for bad spelling lol

Edited by Kallie88, 18 November 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#42 *Jasmine*

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:37 PM

That is interesting re the 12w ultrasound. I'm waiting until after that before telling family and friends because I want reassurance that everything is well with bub.

I had it with DS and was adamant that I'd go ahead with the pregnancy even if something was picked up (unless it meant he'd suffer of course) but still went to the 12w scan because I figured I'd rather know early if something were wrong to have time to prepare etc.

I can definitely understand though why one would skip it, sometimes I think all of these appointments and scans drive people like me with anxiety.

#43 *Jasmine*

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

Kallie... oh yes... I hear you on the lack of motivation. My house is thoroughly filthy because I only made it about 3/4 of the way through my weekend clean on Monday. I usually give everything a good scrub and tidy but just couldn't do it. Today I'm feeling absolutely stuffed and just want to go to bed!

#44 Bugster

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:01 PM

I am going to stick my head in to say hello. Just found out we are expecting number 4. Due 26th July.

I am still getting my head around Victorian processed (my kids were born in two different states and all of the them seem to do things very differently!)

This was rather unexpected but we are cautiously excited. We will be keeping quiet as long as possible definitely not before 12 weeks but probably longer too. We had a miscarriage just before 12 weeks last year.

I have all day long morning sickness and  lots of stretching/cramping happening which is new I have never had morning sickness before. Anyone got any tired and tested relief methods?

#45 LACC

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostBugster, on 18 November 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

I am going to stick my head in to say hello. Just found out we are expecting number 4. Due 26th July.

I am still getting my head around Victorian processed (my kids were born in two different states and all of the them seem to do things very differently!)

This was rather unexpected but we are cautiously excited. We will be keeping quiet as long as possible definitely not before 12 weeks but probably longer too. We had a miscarriage just before 12 weeks last year.

I have all day long morning sickness and  lots of stretching/cramping happening which is new I have never had morning sickness before. Anyone got any tired and tested relief methods?

Hi.

I am 5 weeks tomorrow!

I have the same stretching and cramping feeling that you have mentioned. I thought it was period cramps and that I had missed out for the month. Imagine my surprise when my husband forced me into peeing on a stick because I was being moodier than normal!

I haven't been actually sick - but have been feeling green since well before I found out. I have for the last two days been sipping VERY cold lemon cordial and eating crackers pretty much all day. If the cordial is anything less than freezing it doesn't help. I tried peppermint tea and mints - no go! Turns out mint makes me want to hurl or so I found out after my husband kissed me goodbye this morning after he had brushed his teeth.

Edited by LACC, 18 November 2016 - 02:27 PM.

#46 Amelie_

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

Kallie & Jasmine, I am also feeling totally unmotivated. I thinks it's because I've been so tired. It's been an extra busy week at work and all I want to do from about lunch time onward is nap!

#47 *Jasmine*

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

I'm finding fruit tingles work somewhat!

#48 Tad84

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:03 PM

Hello!

I found out I am pregnant last Monday. Baby #4 for me, and a complete suprise. I had a dating scan, I must of ovulated quite late because just a gestational sac was present. Which led me to believe it was a miscarriage but my bhcg keeps rising on Friday it was 3200. More then tripled from Wedesndays results. So I'm still unsure on a due date but it's sometime in July.

#49 leenystar

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:03 PM

Hi everyone! I did the pee on a stick yesterday and YAY 2 lines! I'm nervous about going to the doc though, I don't know why... I already have a little boy but it's like if I go to the doc that makes it all real?!
Anyway congrats to everyone!!! I look forward to getting to know you all.

#50 Tad84

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

Hello!

I found out I am pregnant last Monday. Baby #4 for me, and a complete suprise. I had a dating scan Wedensday just gone and I must of ovulated quite late because just a gestational sac was present. Which led me to believe it was a miscarriage but my bhcg keeps rising on Friday it was 3200. More then tripled from Wedesndays results. So I'm still unsure on a due date but it's sometime in July.

Apart from exhausted I'm feelijg very not pregnant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.