Due in July 17 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
199 replies to this topic

#51 *mumoftwoboys*

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:46 PM

Had my dating scan on Saturday. My little one is due 7/7/17. My guess dated where one day off so thought that was good. Got to see the heart beat which was amazing. Still feeling very surreal. Will try reply better tomorrow. Exhausted after a big day.

Fourtoadore: haven't received a message from you. Don't really know how to tag you or if that's possible so hope you see this

#52 sandy34

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:38 PM

View Post*mumoftwoboys*, on 20 November 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

Had my dating scan on Saturday. My little one is due 7/7/17. My guess dated where one day off so thought that was good. Got to see the heart beat which was amazing. Still feeling very surreal. Will try reply better tomorrow. Exhausted after a big day.

Fourtoadore: haven't received a message from you. Don't really know how to tag you or if that's possible so hope you see this

I've pm'd you.

#53 sandy34

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:50 PM

It surprised me that in NSW you can technically get to 20 weeks without a scan. Dating scans and 12 week (nuchal) scans are both 'upon request' and really up to the discretion of your dr. With DS the cost of the nuchal made it quite prohibitive.   An expensive, emotional purchase. I've heard that it's A LOT less now. The only scan that is 'mandatory' is the 18/20 week morphology scan.

I'm struggling a bit psychologically this time around. I'm finding it hard to be positive and excited about being pregnant. I'm not a glowing mum to be more like a puking, bloated and grumpy future mother of 2.

#54 HKT2017

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:51 PM

Hi ladies, I have just had a quick read through, sorry but I am hopeless at keeping up! Congratulations to all the new ladies wit their BFPs!!

I went to the GP on Friday to get my referral to my OB and had my bloods done. I want to be monitored closely after having a missed miscarriage earlier in the year. Feeling positive about this pregnancy though, well trying!! Hanging out for a dating scan, only like 3 weeks to go!

As for tests, I'm having them all! When I had my son (now 2.5) we lived in the US until I was about 18 weeks so had all my early testing there. My midwife was surprised I wanted the NT test done and I felt really judged by her. She had to refer me for the tests and didn't even bother! Happy to be home for this pregnancy and working in a health system I feel more comfortable with.

#55 Kallie88

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

Hi everyone, welcome and congratulations to the newcomers! Great to hear we've got some dating scans coming through now, very exciting!
Hope everyone's getting what rest they can, I'm feeling a lot more tired and nauseous than i did with my daughter, but at least her latest tooth had come through so we might get some better sleep happening again :)

#56 El_see

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

I have my first scan at 8 weeks and another one at 12 weeks (I'm from SA). Is that unusual? This is my first pregnancy and the doctor didn't say why I'm having 2 scans in the first trimester.
I'm glad that I get to have an early scan but I hope it's not because she's concerned about something...

#57 Bugster

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:23 AM

LACC - I have always hated mint but can't brush my teeth with mint toothpaste now. I am currently using the kids one as it has a different flavour. lol. I will try the cold cordial thanks

TR - 8 months !!! no thanks, I have 3 others to keep up with. My gp has medicated me and it has dropped it to an all day queasiness thankfully. I am hoping it drops off soon but will find some ginger things, I am a  fan of ginger biscuits so hopefully those work.

View PostEl_see, on 21 November 2016 - 07:11 AM, said:

I have my first scan at 8 weeks and another one at 12 weeks (I'm from SA). Is that unusual? This is my first pregnancy and the doctor didn't say why I'm having 2 scans in the first trimester.
I'm glad that I get to have an early scan but I hope it's not because she's concerned about something...

I will be having a scan at 7/8 weeks then again at 12 weeks. I had actually had this with all 3 of my children for various reasons and will again for this one, to check dates, due to high risk, and this time dr wants to check for multiples given my levels and severity of my symptoms. Some give it as standard as many women seem to ask these days for early scan to see hb and reassure themselves.

Jus plodding along, feeling much better on medication. Trying to work out how to hide it over Christmas too, I refuse to tell anyone till I see a healthy bub at 12 weeks minimum

#58 *Jasmine*

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:30 AM

View PostEl_see, on 21 November 2016 - 07:11 AM, said:

That's normal :) the first one will be a dating scan and the 12 week one is to check for any abnormalities, I don't think your doctor is concerned just wants to check when you're due!

#59 msjme

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:13 AM

Wow that's so exciting you have already had your scan mumof2boys! I'm having mine on Thursday. Was meant to get a dating scan done at a radiology clinic this week on wednesday but because I had a past mc and when my toddler was born in July last year, my ob requested pathology tests on my placenta as It and Amelie were both small, he found two clots in the placenta . So I need to probably start some aspirin soon and my gp prefers that the ob does this. So after seeing the gp on Friday, she called him , he personally called me back within half and he and booked me in to see him on Thursday !  And said not to have the scan done as he can do it in his rooms with the same accuracy of dating that I would get there . So Thursday it will be - really happy to be seeing the same dr again this time-  he was so reassuring last time around after my blighted ovum and mmc .

#60 Ezzra

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:16 AM

Pregnancy confirmed through blood tests this morning! About 5 weeks only early days!
Everything looking ok except this time I've got high blood sugar levels and cholesterol so not looking forward to all the glucose tolereance tests! Have to really work on healthy eating now. No more ice creams as night no more garlic bread no more cadburys.

Edited by Ezzra, 21 November 2016 - 08:17 AM.

#61 mummabubba1

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:07 AM

Hi all
I had my dating scan today - a little early to see anything so will be going back in a few weeks. Apparently she could see the gestational sac but that's it!
Because of my irregular periods I really had no idea how far along I was - I'm now thinking I'm only 5w2d and due around 22nd July.
My doctor doesn't do HCG bloods so I'm not sure what my levels are apart from it being 100% positive after only 5 seconds on the dipstick test at the GP.

Is 2.5 weeks long enough to go back for another dating scan? (given I think I'll be about 8 weeks)

#62 Bugster

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:34 AM

8 weeks should be fine, should see a HB at that stage too.

#63 *mumoftwoboys*

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:47 AM

View Posttragicrainbow, on 20 November 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

Omg! *mumoftwoboys* what an EPIC birth date! I love it! Hears hoping bubs arrives right on your EDD! Didn't happen for me, but apparently up to 5% of all births are accurately on their EDD's! Good luck! :yes:

There's a chance...my last baby was 4.1kgs and they didn't want me going over my due date so was booked on my due date for an induction. Will see what happens with this one

#64 msjme

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:16 PM

Aw ezzra I sympathize! My first fasting sugar blood test came back at 5.5 so had to have the guy last week which I passed thankfully. But still need to keep the sugars down . I really want breaddd . White bread lol

#65 leenystar

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

So did bloods today. Doc has decided against a dating scan as I'm pretty sure of my period dates. Also told me not to bother getting results of bloods he will call me if there is anything odd. Makes it a little more real now having spoken to the doc.

#66 sandy34

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:18 PM

I had my dating scan today. EDD 10/7/17 right on target. 7 weeks exactly.

I'm a bit disappointed, wary, I don't know. With DS I had such a clear picture at this point while this time, we saw nothing much. I 'saw' the heartbeat, but didn't get to hear it. Ending up having a vaginal scan so that she could measure and said something about wombs sometimes never going back to the original size/form. WTF?

Anyway, I'm trying to take only good vibes from it but not really feeling them.

#67 *mumoftwoboys*

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:21 PM

Aww sandy sounds like you just had someone crap doing your scan. I had much the same she took some quick measurements I saw the heartbeat but it wasn't pointed out to me or anything and that was it.

I wouldn't worry about silly comments like that.

#68 Zigwah

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:40 PM

Hi guys! I received a (very unexpected / unplanned) BFP earlier this month, and expect my due date to be around 5th July. I've got a little girl already (5 years old), and was quite happy with just the one, but nature decided something different for me, haha! (I guess I won't suffer from 'single child guilt' then!).

Suffering a bit from morning sickness though, which SUCKS! Hoping it doesn't last as long as last time (10 weeks)!

Nice to meet you all! :)

#69 mikla9

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:32 PM

Hi everyone. Congrats!

I'm hoping to join this group. Got a BFP on the weekend, visited the GP this morning to do the blood test (and told her either I am pregnant, or I have some mean illness that coincidentally has the exact same symptoms as as my last pregnancy). EDD 22 July.

Dating scan with OB booked for Friday next week. I'm really hoping I hear that little heartbeat, because then it will start to feel real again. I'm not as excited as I feel I should be after losing the last pregnancy at 15 weeks ... and that was only in August so not that long ago.

Morning sickness and exhaustion have kicked in very early and extremely strongly this time ......

#70 msjme

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

Hi mikla ! Welcome and I have my fingers crossed for sticky rainbow baby for you this time .

The nausea started on Sunday and is in full swing today . Thrown up four times,  can't tolerate the thought of food because I know I'll gag but I'm still so hungry . Rummaged around all day looking for the last few maxalon tablets I had stopped used in my first pregnancy , as I swapped over to zofran for the remainder but couldn't find the packet of maxalon anywhere :-(. Will definitely be asking my ob on Thursday for a script for something as this was just unbearable and it was really hard running around after a 16 month old feeling like hurling every few minutes . What a woe is me post this is . Sorry !

#71 leenystar

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:13 PM

View Postmikla9, on 22 November 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

Hi everyone. Congrats!

I'm hoping to join this group. Got a BFP on the weekend, visited the GP this morning to do the blood test (and told her either I am pregnant, or I have some mean illness that coincidentally has the exact same symptoms as as my last pregnancy). EDD 22 July.

Dating scan with OB booked for Friday next week. I'm really hoping I hear that little heartbeat, because then it will start to feel real again. I'm not as excited as I feel I should be after losing the last pregnancy at 15 weeks ... and that was only in August so not that long ago.

Morning sickness and exhaustion have kicked in very early and extremely strongly this time ......

Sorry for your loss. But wishing you lots of stickyness for your little bun.

I have the same edd 22nd July :) due date buddies!!!

#72 mikla9

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:14 AM

Thanks tragicrainbow,  msjme and leenystar.

Tragicrainbow and leenystar so excited to be so close (and matching) due dates!!

Msjme that sounds horrible. Glad Thursday is so close so you can get some relief.

#73 _oops_

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:11 PM

Hi everyone, I haven't been on this forum for many years.  

We had decided we had completed our family a couple of years ago but on 1/11 I got a BFP.  Its totally unplanned and for a few weeks all I did was cry and worry.  I had not done any of the things I had in preparation for conceiving my first 3 children - vitamins, folate, avoid alcohol etc.  I found out I was pregnant only 4 days after my 40th birthday party :omg:

I had a dating scan and I'm due on 3 July.  

Still having trouble accepting that we are having baby no. 4 and actually being excited about the pregnancy.  I'm worried that there will be something wrong with the baby as I drank quite a lot more than normal in the weeks prior to the BFP...spoke to the OB today and he told me not to worry.

Anyone else loosing sleep at night worrying about whether their baby is ok?  I'm having a NIPT this time.  It wasn't available when I had my last 4 years ago.  Anyone else doing this?

Look forward to getting to know you all.

#74 Amelie_

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:20 PM

I had the same thing the other day! Quite a sharp pain on one side which gave me a fright…yep, just needed the toilet haha

I've been really crampy and I hate it because it makes me worry, but then when they stop I worry again!

#75 Amelie_

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:24 PM

Hi _oops_ and congratulations! :)

I am sure that you haven't done any harm - there are so many people that get pregnant without planning to, and go on to have healthy, happy babies even though they had no planned diet & still drank in the early weeks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.