Due in June 2017 thread #2

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#76 EJ79

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:42 AM

Thanks guys for your supportive comments xx
DH got his test done first thing this morning so we'll hopefully have results Thursday.

I've had the non alcoholic/alcohol removed wine too. You can get it in First Choice too. The alcohol removed has 0.05% alcohol from memory but I think a glass here and there wouldn't hurt as it would be so small per glass?
I was at a dinner party a couple of weeks ago and poured my non alcoholic wine into an empty (washed out) bottle of real wine...no one knew the difference! Haha!

As for food aversions....still off red meat and still loving toast! 😁

#77 elawood

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:54 AM

That's a clever trick, pouring into a 'real' bottle. My sister did that at a dinner party when she was pregnant...only problem is that someone else filled up their glass from the bottle and starting telling her that the wine had gone bad and she should definitely not be drinking that!

I think I'll give it a bash - for $8 if it's rubbish, I can pour it down the sink! I've seen a 'sparkling shiraz' that might be nice around christmas time

Toast is where it's at!

#78 KJI

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:37 PM

Sorry you've got aversions too elawood. It's horrible isn't it? Toast has been my best friend the past few days. Vegemite seems to help the nausea too. And I love cheese :)

Good luck EJ. Now the wait for results. Do u get them by phone?

I've tried a few different nonalcoholic wines and did the put it in a normal wine bottle last time. Just be aware that some of them bubble when u pour them which normal wine doesn't do. I was nervous that the ring of bubbles would bust me. Try pouring slowly ;)

#79 EJ79

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:00 PM

Yeah she's going to ring DH with the results Thursday. We have our 13w scan Wednesday. Pity we'll still have this hanging over our heads but hopefully it will just be for one more night and we'll get good news and then can start telling people.

#80 berrysparkles

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:32 AM

i'm glad you've got the test done now EJ79. Hopefully the worry will be over really soon, fingers crossed.

My pick for the alcohol free wines are the Edenvale ones. Definitely nicer than the other brands in my opinion. the sparkling cuvee is not bad. I struggled a lot with giving up wine for the first two weeks but after that I didn't really feel like it anymore, thankfully.

We had our 12 week scan yesterday, and I also had my first appointment at the hospital. I haven't got the official results from the scan yet (I have to go back this morning which is a bit annoying) but he said everything looked good so as long as there are no issues with the bloods I think we're all clear. It was a huge relief to see the baby as a formed little thing this time. I am going public with this baby (after going private the first time) so not too sure what to expect, but after yesterday I feel really positive about it. I have an issue with antibodies I have which give the baby a small risk of heart block, so need to be closely monitored. My Ob was pretty useless and slack about it all last time, so I feel like for me I will be actually getting more thorough care in the public system. It's only a small chance of any problems so i'm trying not to worry too much, at least the extra monitoring and extra scans will be reassuring.

Just trying to get my DH to tell his family so I can start telling other people. Our families are interstate but I really don't want them to find out from anyone else that my mum might have told! Men are frigging hopeless sometimes.

#81 KJI

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:00 AM

Congrats on a great 12 week scan berrysparkles. I'm intrigued to know how you go in the public system after going private first time because I'm considering doing the same when we have a second. It's good to get extra monitoring too. Good luck this morning with your results. Let us know how it goes when DH calls family :)

I'm in my OBs waiting room about to go in. 12 weeks today! I just want to see how bubs is going :)

#82 Appletree8

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:08 PM

Hi everyone a quick update on my nuchal translucency scan today - all went well! Baby moving & kicking & had strong hb & measured exactly right for dates - due 2nd June. Have ob appt on fri to get results of combined bloods & scan so hopefully will be low risk given scan looked pretty normal. Yay feeling relived that all developing as it should as I have zero symptoms & wondered how it was all going in there! Will start to tell people this weekend we're thinking.

#83 EJ79

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:52 PM

That's great news Appletree! Great to get that reassurance! Best of luck telling everyone...are you doing a big announcement thing?!

How did you go today KJI? Hope all went well?

Hope your scan results were ok today Berrysparkles x

#84 KJI

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

Congrats Appletree that's wonderful! All the best with telling people. It's so much fun

#85 KJI

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:56 PM

Oops only just saw your post EJ.. my OB appointment/ scan went well. Bubs looks great still and my OB was happy with everything. He said we might end up moving my due date on Friday when I have my 12 week scan. My dating scan put me at 6/6, then my 10w scan put me at 2/6. OB said he'll go with whatever date is closest to the measurements on Friday. So I might jump ahead 4 days and we'll be due date buddies Appletree.

#86 berrysparkles

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:02 AM

Great news about your appt KJI and your scan appletree.

KJI I think it totally depends on so many factors re the public and private debate.... so many different hospitals and options depending on where you live. We just don't have the savings we used to when I worked full time, makes it harder to justify the extra few thousand of going private.

Our combined NT results were really good so we told a fair few people yesterday. My DH told his family but for some reason he thought we were due at the end of April. Lol. So now they all must think we're much further along. Men!
I could understand May but no, he skipped a whole month!

#87 June Bee

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

Hi Ladies, I'm also due in June (around the 17th but may be induced a few weeks earlier) and hoping to join you here...I have been reluctant to join before my 10 week scan today and hearing a heartbeat as I lost a baby at 10 weeks in May. I'm hoping the next few weeks go smoothly and we hear another strong heaetbeat at the 12 week scan! I'm 33, DH is 31 and we have one DS. Looking forward to getting to know you all and wishing everyone a very healthy pregnancy :-)

#88 June Bee

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:27 PM

Wow so many have had their 12 week scans. Congratulations!

Berrysparkles, I totally agree with you regarding private/public care. I went public with my first, but am going private this time. I know when I told people that if I were going to have another baby I was thinking to go private, they got the impression that public was bad. But I had a great experience with public care the first time. However, for a few reasons, private care suited me better this time.

Sorry to hear some of you are having food aversions. It is horrible! I am the same and I am sooo tired of it after 5 weeks of nausea and aversions! I normally eat healthily and I'm a vegetarian but now I can only eat junk food most of the time and have lost weight. My dr gave me a script today and hoping I will be feeling well soon...

Appletree, I'm a bit envious of you having no symptoms! I feel like I have every symptom possible and so tired of it, yet I feel bad complaining when I feel lucky to be pregnant again!

#89 elawood

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

Good to hear people's scans went well! Just had my last GP checkup to get all the referrals for the NIPT bloods and scan etc yesterday. First OB appointment next week and looking at 20th Dec for the 13 week scan - time feels like slowing down.

EJ have you got your results yet? Hoping for good news for you.  I just ticked the box to have all those tests done too. Scary but necessary I guess.

I think my nausea has subsided for now which is good and I even managed to eat chicken last night. But this morning I'm feeling super bloated and 'full' and achy in my abdomen. Assuming it's just the uterus 'stretching' - quite uncomfortable.

I told my GP how I was struggling to exercise and she said to give myself a break. She said has never known a pregnant woman to keep up healthy eating and exercise in the first trimester. Her exact words were 'eat the carbs, eat the ice creams, go to bed at 7pm and pick it all up in the second trimester, it will totally cancel it out!' :-)

Has anyone started talking baby names? We tentatively began discussing boys names the other day - only because I said I find boys names hard. And it seems DP has completely opposite (in my opinion dumb) ideas about names.....I feel like this is going to be a long process!

#90 EJ79

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

Ladies.....just got DHs results an hour ago and we are all clear! :pray: The relief is unreal!! :smile:
We had our 13w scan yesterday and bubs was looking great. OB did all the usual measurements and said everything looked fine - that we were 9/10 and just needed this result to get 10/10....so looks like we're having a 10/10 pregnancy! Oh guys I'm just so relieved.
Thank you all so much for your kind comments of reassurance and support. Its been a long week but we are now finally ready to start telling people without having these results looming over us. And I can finally get a full nights sleep again! xxxxx

Congratulations and welcome JuneBee. Sorry for your previous loss :(
Delighted you saw a strong heartbeat today..roll on week 12 for more reassurance :)

Elawood...ticking that box is scary I know. Now that we're out of the woods I guess its good that I know I'm a carrier. Ill tell my siblings now to get checked and also find out if I got it from mum or dad as that determines which side of the family (cousins etc) I have to tell. I come from a big Irish family so this will be a loooong process but I just feel I need to tell them and then they can do with the information what they choose (get tested or not). My OB and the genetics people said I should tell them and I think theyre right.
Best of luck with your results Ela...remember theres a 24 out of 25 chance that youre not a carrier x

#91 KJI

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:43 PM

Woohoo congrats EJ!!! That's fantastic :) I'm so happy for you. I bet you're relieved. Have the best time telling people without looming over your head. It is the best thing. I feel relieved for you!

#92 Appletree8

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:25 PM

Congratulations EJ that's excellent news!!
And welcome junebee!

#93 berrysparkles

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

Such wonderful news EJ! I hope you are able to relax now.

What a great week it has been for so many of us. Phew.

Elawood yes I think that feeling is totally normal. I've felt like that since about 6 weeks this time! Actually starting to get a real belly now too. I assume just everything stretching?

Welcome June Bee, I hope your sickness passes soon and the medication helps you.

#94 Terfl

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:38 AM

Oh EJ, I'm so happy for you! Been thinking of you loads. How good is it to finally tell friends and family the happy news! X

#95 elawood

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

Hooray EJ! Very happy for you. Also a good reminder for the rest of us that negative results don't always mean doom and gloom.
Enjoy telling everyone!

#96 June Bee

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:18 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! :-)

Thank you EJ...I have always known m/c is common, but I guess it shocked me as I hadn't thought about it that much on a personal level. Congratulations to you! I'm really happy to hear everything went well with your test. That would be such a relief. It must be exciting to be able to share your big news now! Have you told many people?

If you don't mind me asking, what are the extra tests you ladies are getting EJ and Elawood? I only spoke to my Ob about the NT scan and the Harmony tests...Is this something else?

Oh another question...Ladies who have already got their NT results, how did you find out your results? I am drawing a total blank on how I found out when pregnant the first time! I can't remember if I had to see the doctor, or whether I just called and he said my results were fine...

I've vaguely thought about names Elawood, but still being cautious so not getting into it too much yet! However I have a few that I just know I like, I guess because some of them I've liked for a little awhile. I've found that most of the names i used to like, I no longer like that much...Sick of them. My DH is sooo picky about names.

#97 Terfl

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:57 AM

Happy Sunday, everyone! I haven't really been reading in here this week, only checked briefly to see if EJ had her results. Now I'm on my computer and can finally welcome June Bee and congratulate everyone who had their 12 wk scan in the last week. What exciting times!

I really feel I've entered a new stage. I don't have to hide my belly anymore and can openly talk to friends about it. I had a little girls xmas dinner on Friday and got a couple of baby related presents, including a Pregnancy magazine, which I read front to back yesterday.

I also keep getting messages from friends that DP told but I haven't seen yet, so that's pretty special. Everyone is so happy. One of his close friends in the UK just had a baby boy, born 10 wks premature (he's doing fine now). When DP told him our happy news, his friend started crying on the phone, so we were all in tears by the end of it :)

I still haven't told work yet. 2 people have known so far - one close friend who knew we were trying, she went through the MC with me and knew from the first day and one of my managers. I then told another girl last week and she literally had no idea. I thought it was this massive elephant in the room and everyone would have noticed but I guess I'm being quite smart in my choice of clothing and if anything they would just think I've gained some weight. We're going on holiday on Thursday so it's only a couple more days of hiding it and I will then make it public when we're back - I'll be 15.5 wks by then and well and truly in the 2nd trimester.

I've stepped up my exercise a little and went swimming a couple of times. I'm also doing little exercise routines with dumbbells (I watch youtube videos at home). I am still pretty tired but it's way worse when I give in to it. I was just lying around for most of the day yesterday until I finally forced myself to go swimming and felt a lot fresher after.

We're going for a hospital tour this afternoon - very curious about that. Have you decided on your hospital yet?

Elawood and June Bee, I feel your pain about names. We've got a girl's name that DP and I can agree on. He doesn't think the final decision has been made on this but I won't budge. Boys names are a completely different story. I also want a name that my German family can pronounce easily. I came across the name Bodhi yesterday and really liked it. DP said he would have liked it years ago but it reminds him of the movie Point Break, which was reason enough not to call the baby that.... Yes, this process is going to take a long time.

#98 KJI

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:31 AM

Terfl it's wonderful that you're feeling great now it's a bit more 'in the open' with people. Some of those responses sound just beautiful. It's lovely to know that people genuinely get excited for you and share your joy. I feel like it makes you even closer with some people.
From memory was your holiday a cruise? I can't quite remember. That's going to be lovely too. You can fully enjoy your holiday and you probably won't be counting the days of your pregnancy as much so when you come back and you're suddenly over 15 weeks it will be nice.
Swimming as exercise is a good idea. I'm going to do some later in my second trimester through to my third when I'm feeling extra heavy and normal exercise gets hard. I actually booked myself into a small Pilates group. You have a private session first to get to know the instructor/ equipment then you can join the group class which is capped at 5 people. I had to wait ages to get into a group class. The next opening on the night I can go isn't until half way through Jan. I'm glad I booked now. I also booked a pregnancy myotherapy massage for Jan too. I'm thinking I might have those monthly starting in the new year as a bit of a treat.
As far as names go.. we have 2 boy names and a girl name we've agreed on for years so we'll be using one of those. I just hope nobody uses my girl name first because that's already happened twice and we've needed to pick a new girl name each time.

#99 Terfl

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:17 PM

How annoying KJI, that other people would choose your names. I know it's not on purpose but don't think I could cope with that, haha, it's so difficult already.

Your Pilates classes sound really good - I love that it's only a small group. Let us know how you go. I think I'll start pregnancy yoga when we're back from holiday.

Did you get your due date adjusted?

We did the hospital tour this afternoon together with at least 20 other couples. They didn't really tell us anything new but they showed us all the facilities and it looked very nice.

We're going to Bali actually, I think someone else was going on a cruise - which also sounds lovely. It was such a pain to agree on a location because of the Zika virus. We almost booked Koh Samui but luckily doubled checked and they had recently added it to the high-risk list. Bali has the Zika virus as well but it's not an outbreak as such, it seems like they always had it and had a handful of cases over the years. I know so many pregnant women, who went there for their baby moon, so I'll brave it smothered in mozzie repellent.

Just had a massive fight with DP, who had the genius idea of renting out our place on Airbnb, while we're away. We've done it before with previous apartments and while it can be a great (and much needed) money injection, it's also a lot of hassle. It basically means we'd have to completely scrub the place (including kitchen cupboards and fridge), wash & change sheets, empty our wardrobe and put away personal items and I really don't feel like I can deal with this right now. We're leaving Thursday and I work full time and will be in Melbourne all day on Tuesday until late, which I'm already dreading. He went over my head and did it anyway and because the account is on my name, I feel it reflects badly on me if it's not up to my standards. He thinks I'm being way too anal about it all and it doesn't have to be perfect. I'm kinda in nesting mode and don't want random people staying here right now. My only hope is that it's way too short term and nobody would want it anyway. But for now I'm giving DP the silent treatment (not that he's noticing as the cricket is on..)

#100 KittyM88

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

Hi All, feels like I've been away for ages! We are 11 weeks tomorrow, and I have officially been diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum which has been oh so fun. Basically I throw up everything I eat or drink unless I take Zofran in the morning before I get out of bed. So I can't use my phone on the train which is when I used to catch up on everyone 🙂

I was the one on the cruise, it was wonderful! We went with friends who made sure DH had an amazing time when I wasn't up for leaving the cabin.  

I'm hoping to get in to my obgyn this week and going for the NT scan in the next week or so too.

Sorry for the long post!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.