Due in April 2017 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#26 alchetta

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:15 PM

How far along are you? 21w

How are you feeling? Soooo much calmer. I am feeling pretty good this week and feel excited about the future and like I'm going to get through this last stretch of work ok. Thank goodness because last week was really bad.

What symptoms are you experiencing? Not too tired now. I've had pretty bad back pain but I can live with that.

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? 20w ultrasound and everything looks great. It was a relief even though we had no reason to worry.

Any food cravings? Not really this week.

How's sleep? More energy through the day but going to bed way too late and struggling to get to sleep.

Tell us your favourite thing this week:
Watching her on the ultrasound was really cool, the little fingers opening and closing and thumb sucking and hiding her face in her hands, plus rolling and the feeling of the kicks. My bump has popped a bit more too.

What are you looking forward to? Ten days til massage yaaaay

Any questions you want to ask?
Nah.

#27 *Cranberry*

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:01 AM

Weekly update:

How far along are you?
19 + 1

How are you feeling?
Pretty good, feeling a lot more myself  hormone wise.. though I did cry/laugh all the way through Bad Moms the other night lol!

What symptoms are you experiencing?
Heartburn most nights now and getting pain at the top of my ribs

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go?
None this week but looking forward to my anatomy scan on Tuesday :yes:

Any food cravings?
Not really, though I never really do get any.  The strangest thing I've eaten was peanut butter, strawberry jam and banana on toast the other morning.

How's sleep?
Much better lately except for the last two nights

Tell us your favourite thing about your pregnancy this week!
Starting to finally feel some little movements, I have an anterior placenta so it feels like it's taking forever to be able to feel bub.  

What are you looking forward to?
My scan next week, getting reassurance that all is well with bubby.. makes me worry not being able to feel much even though rationally I know this is due to the anterior placenta.  And.. of course finding out if it's a little miss or mr in there!

Not really.. just curious if anyone else has experience an anterior placenta and when they were finally able to start feeling regular movements?

#28 **Xena**

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:44 PM

How scary MrsG2! Glad bub was okay!

I had my own scare. Went in for my booking in and they couldn't find bubs heartbeat so I was rushed across the hall for a scan. Luckily all was fine, bub was just being difficult :) Midwife did the scan though so didn't really see much. Was hoping for a quick potty shot ;)

My 20 week scan is booked for Dec 5th. Cannot wait! I am so keen to find out the gender. DH has the whole day off so we are going to pick up some iced donuts in pink or blue after we find out to reveal to the kids :)

#29 alchetta

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:57 PM

View Post**Xena**, on 25 November 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

How scary MrsG2! Glad bub was okay!

I had my own scare. Went in for my booking in and they couldn't find bubs heartbeat so I was rushed across the hall for a scan. Luckily all was fine, bub was just being difficult :) Midwife did the scan though so didn't really see much. Was hoping for a quick potty shot ;)

My 20 week scan is booked for Dec 5th. Cannot wait! I am so keen to find out the gender. DH has the whole day off so we are going to pick up some iced donuts in pink or blue after we find out to reveal to the kids :)

Whew! Hope they took your blood pressure before and not after that little episode!
Very cute idea with the donuts - I'll be having my massage around the same time :D enjoy!

#30 Jameelah

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:42 PM

Xena, our scans are booked for the same day, yay! I'm glad everything ended up being fine. It would be so scary not finding the heartbeat, especially if you aren't feeling movements yet.

Shae-bae, I've had an anterior placenta a few times and it is usually somewhere between 20-22 weeks that I feel regular movement. You shouldn't have to wait too long now.

Alchetta, 21 weeks already! Wow, over half way now.

Edited by Jameelah, 25 November 2016 - 10:43 PM.

#31 amy26

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

Hi all,

hope its ok I join.

How far along are you?
21 weeks

How are you feeling?

Tired and Moody, Ive been snapping a bit lately

Back pain and reflux

I have an appointment with my obstetrician on tuesday, its time to pay the fees.  I had my  morphology scan done on 15th all looks good and we have a very healthy boy.

Any food cravings?

nothing in particular, mangos and summer fruit

How's sleep?
Pretty Average, broken sleep

I can definitely feel little kicks now

Christmas, having time off work and enjoying this pregnancy a bit more and spending quality time with family

No, feeling nervous about labour though

I have an anterior placenta, started feeling def kicks in the last two weeks, before that I did feel shifting but it wasn't obvious.

bit about me..Im Amy, Im 35 and this is my third baby. I have 2 children from a previous relationship Iris is 4 and Oliver is 9

This is my partners first baby

#32 Kyz_NewMum

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:03 AM

My weekly update:

How far along are you?
20 + 1

How are you feeling?
Very well pregnancy wise - though I have had a horrible head cold, sinus, headache etc. Took Friday off work and rested for the weekend.

Nothing....

Any food cravings?
No, if anything wanting more dairy over the past couple of weeks than I usually would.

How's sleep?
Pretty good over the past week - sometimes with only 1 pee-stop overnight! :)

Obstetrician appointment on Friday, following up from my 19 week scan which was last week.

I can't wait for my bump to grow a little more so I can show it off!

Also, really looking forward to feeling the bubba! i know it's there, I;ve watched is wriggling around on the ultrasound, but can't feel it yet!

I have a few listed for my OB appointment this week but nothing for the group yet!

#33 Katherine1988

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

Hi! I'm new to the forum so thought I'd say hello and post an update :)

Weekly update:

How far along are you?
20 + 5

How are you feeling?
Good, feeling normal most of the time. I expected more symptoms but sometimes (apart from feeling bubs move) I forget that I'm pregnant!

Swollen ankles from about 12w (runs in my family and has all been checked and is ok), occasional heartburn and really tired every now and then (especially with these really hot days in country WA). I was lucky and didn't have morning sickness, just very slight nausea at night time for a few weeks.

Had the anatomy scan last Wednesday and a GP appointment on Tuesday this week, all is travelling nicely. Midwife next week and the GTT in 4 weeks.

Any food cravings?
Not really, savoury stuff if anything......

How's sleep?
Pretty normal, I don't have any trouble sleeping, except those super hot nights!

Scan last week and hearing that everything is normal and progressing nicely.

Midwife appointment next week, it will be shared care between the GP, midwife and obstetrician. It's my first baby so I'm interested in the process ot shared care as our country town has no obstetrician, I'll find out more from the midwife next week.

I'ts my first baby so have been learning lots about the processes, especially for country towns with no obstetrician, so it will be interesting to see the midwife next week and see what the next steps are in terms of my care, when to make the trip to Perth to see the obstetrician, visit the hospital etc. What's other people's experience with this in country WA, also feedback from anyone who has delivered at St John of God, Midland?

#34 **Xena**

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:07 AM

Welcome Amy26 Katherine1988 :)

Feeling movements is becoming more frequent now. I love it :) Also only 3 more sleeps until my 20 week scan. So excited for it (not long now Jameelah ;)) :D

#35 MrsG2

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:08 PM

Weekly update:

How far along are you?
19+3

How are you feeling? What symptoms?
not bad, having a fair bit of round ligament pain and stretching pain. My bump has definitely popped out

Had the anatomy scan yesterday. All was fine with baby. Still have a blood clot near the placenta but it isn't affecting the baby development. Hopefully it resolves.. at least I know it's there if I have more bleeding

Any food cravings?
Savory - always savory

How's sleep?
Difficult- I can't sleep on my tummy anymore!!

Seeing my very active baby  on the scan. I also started feeling small occasional kicks!!

Hospital appointment next week- I'll be closely monitored..I can't wait for the xmas holidays , I'm exhausted !

Hope everyone else is well

#36 **Xena**

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:24 PM

Just popping in to say we had our 20 week scan and baby number 5 is a BOY :D

We have to go back though for another scan because the cheeky monkey kept hiding so the sonographer couldn't get the last couple of pics. She said everything looked fine though so that's a relief and it will be nice to see bub again :D

#37 alchetta

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:47 PM

That's great news Xena!

I'm 22w (23 this weekend, wow, it's flying!) and ironically, now that I have a proper round bump and have had my back taped up all week with back pain, I am actually forgetting occasionally that I'm pregnant!

What have people bought/sourced so far? We've been given tons of clothes, which is amazing. Have bought the car seat and worked out how to install it - isofix so pretty easy, but damn, no leg room in front after that :/ I knew that would happen and we bought the shortest car seat but even so! We've also got our pram and bassinet (both pram carrycot and overnight sleeping bassinet) but mostly all tucked away in cupboards even though I feel like I'd be quite happy to have them all out on display in the hallway :D

#38 **Xena**

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:08 PM

So far I just have leggings and a top which I bought after the scan :lol:

I have found a bassinet and a pram I like though so might see if they go on sale after Christmas.

#39 Jameelah

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

Welcome Katherine, another person in WA! I think there was one other person from WA at the beginning but I haven't seen them since. I'm in Perth metro and have only used the birth center at King Edwards so I'm sorry I can't help with your questions.

Weekly update:

How far along are you?
20 weeks 1 day

How are you feeling?
Generally pretty good. I still get tired easily and need a nap most days but I have energy and motivation to get things done which I am really needing in order to catch up on everything.

Not a great deal, just tiredness and heartburn ... and I guess you could consider kicks a symptom too?

I had my anatomy scan on Monday. Like Xena, baby wasn't exactly cooperating but thankfully after a walk and cold drink it had turned back around again. I didn't find out the sex as my husband didn't want to know but when I got home he told me he did kind of want to know haha. I found out that I do indeed have an anterior placenta which is why I'm only feeling the kicks really low.

Any food cravings?
Nothing serious but I have been wanting dairy a bit more the last week.

How's sleep?
Quite disturbed but that has more to do with my 2 year old than my pregnancy.

Feeling kicks regularly. I'm thinking it shouldn't be too long now before the kicks should be able to be felt from the outside.

Sharing the kicks with my husband and children and my next midwife appointment.

#40 *Cranberry*

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:38 PM

Weekly update:

How far along are you?
20+1

How are you feeling?
Still really well, feeling a little tired at times but mostly feel like my normal self. I have been a little emotional this week though.  

Heartburn and starting to get a little bit of back pain

Had my antomy scan last week which was lovely, so nice to see bub is growing well and is looking healthy.  Found out that girl number 3 is on her way.   Has taken Dad and the oldest daughter a few days to get used to the idea (my daughter burst into tears she wanted a brother that much haha!).  Midwife appt next week.  

Any food cravings?
Not really.  Mostly just feel like eating lots of fruit, mainly nectarines & watermelon.

How's sleep?
Some nights are great and others I struggle to stay asleep.  

Really starting to feel a lot of kicks!  Daughters and Dad finally got to feel a few too which was nice.

Feeling stronger kicks, discussing names with my partner and my midwife appt next week.

View Postalchetta, on 08 December 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

What have people bought/sourced so far? We've been given tons of clothes, which is amazing. Have bought the car seat and worked out how to install it - isofix so pretty easy, but damn, no leg room in front after that :/ I knew that would happen and we bought the shortest car seat but even so! We've also got our pram and bassinet (both pram carrycot and overnight sleeping bassinet) but mostly all tucked away in cupboards even though I feel like I'd be quite happy to have them all out on display in the hallway :D

So far we have our cot and changetable, these were given to us by DP's sister which was very generous.  It's a beautiful set too!

We bought the pram a few weeks ago.. which I adore! Can't wait to use it!

Read more: http://www.essential...5#ixzz4SJMYnqs7
Follow us: @essentialbaby on Twitter | EssentialBabyAU on Facebook

#41 Katherine1988

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Weekly update:

How far along are you?
22+5

How are you feeling?
Good, although a little tired, terrible sleep on Tues night and last night there was a party down the street.  

Swollen feet and ankles, lots of kicks, getting hungrier.

Had my midwife appointment last week, all went really well and she was great. Everything coming along nicely with no issues. Although she did recommend that I start taking an extra Vitamin D supplement in addition to the pregnancy multivitamin as my levels we a little on the low side, but nothing severe.

Any food cravings?
Just food in general!

How's sleep?
OK generally but last couple of nights not so much.  

Have felt kicks since about 17w but they are getting much stronger. I keep trying to get my husband to feel them but they stop whenever he puts his hand on my belly! I don't think they're quite strong enough to be felt from the outside yet.

Holidays!! I have 3 weeks off over Xmas and new year. Have Ob and midwife appt and will have the GTT test during that time as well.

What have I bought/sourced?
Pretty much everything lol. My best friend has given me sooooo much stuff, and knowing that we wanted kids in the near future I had been quick to bag bargains throughout the last 18 months or so. I have bought or been given everything second hand but I did go last weekend and buy some brand new clothes for bubs, towels, face washers and a bottle. My friend has told me not to buy any of the little bits and bobs because she's organising those for the baby shower. I'm very lucky to have her! I'm a list maker so I went through and itemised everything the other weekend and was surprised at how much we had. Just got a car seat from a lady I work with so I had fun yesterday playing with that. :)

Hope you are all well!

#42 Jameelah

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:33 AM

Weekly update:

How far along are you?
21+2

How are you feeling?
Really tired and moody

Tired, sore breasts, heartburn

I had my midwife visit on Tuesday. All is good.  We talked a bit about birth plans but I'm pretty undecided. I'd love to have a pool again but I'm not sure if it's worth the cost, extra effort and potential flooding of our carpet just for a few minutes in the pool.

Any food cravings?
No, but I must say that I do love my husband's hamburgers he makes. I've been enjoying food more lately.

How's sleep?
My toddler is terrified of a new dog that moved in next door a couple of weeks ago which has caused her to wake up scared usually multiple times every single night which means I'm not getting great sleep and it is really affecting me and my moods now.

My husband felt his first kick for this pregnancy.

The children getting to feel kicks.

Is anyone else struggling with feeling like they aren't really mentally prepared for baby? I'm thinking it's because I had 2 miscarriages just before this pregnancy. I'm all into the pregnancy, and loving being pregnant, but I feel like being pregnant and having a baby are 2 separate things... If you know what I mean.

#43 MrsG2

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

I feel this way too Jameelah, it's my first baby and we've had so many scares that we haven't bought anything yet! The kicks are making things start to feel more real but I don't think it will really start feeling like a reality till the 3rd trimester …

#44 alchetta

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:27 PM

Jameelah I'm totally getting that feeling, particularly with the distractions of work and Christmas. I keep trying to imagine the actual baby part but just can't. I think that's probably best because I have no expectations and only know that my life is going to turn upside down and I'm open to the full force of that, however it goes.

I'm 24 weeks now, people say they feel relieved at this stage but to me, the idea of going into seriously premature labour is only more scary now that I know this is the point after which babies can 'make it'! Think I'll probably feel relieved in ten weeks time.

As for this week.. craving mango and sticky rice, sleeping well but not enough, enjoying kicks and what I think are hiccups... generally feeling very good, hopefully it stays that way.

#45 Kyz_NewMum

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:15 PM

An update from me:

How far along are you? 23 weeks

How are you feeling? Good today - thank goodness back to normal (almost not feeling pregnant again). However, managed to pick up a tummy bug and had a day of vomiting last week, it's taken me til now to recover - after the tummy bug I had huge issues with bloating, digestion & constipation (it was painful and uncomfortable, it felt like someone blew up a balloon in my belly).

Any food cravings? No

How's sleep? Been a bit disrupted with the bloating pains recently & not being able to get comfy. However last night was wonderful, and with only one pee-stop overnight!

Favourite thing about your pregnancy this week?
Kicks are getting stronger and more frequent and my belly is really starting to pop which I am enjoying being able to show off and "feel like I look pregnant"

What are you looking forward to? Christmas and a break from work!!! My next OB appointment in the new year, 5th Jan.

Question:
Does anyone else have a tilted uterus?
Mine tilts back and to the left apparently... so bub sits left most of the time. Bub may pop forward as it grows, or may stay to the side. My OB has already mentioned possible C-Section if bub doesn't align, or early induction if it happens to align before it slips back out of place. I guess only time will give a better indication.

Things I've picked up so far:

Cot & change table from my sister in law

(will buy new mattress)

Bassinet off Gumtree (will buy new mattress)

Redsbaby Jive pram - was on special

I know I'm getting a few things from Mum for Christmas (excited for her first grandbaby!)

#46 Jameelah

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:51 AM

Kyz_NewMum, that seems very strange to me. I have never heard of someone needing a cesarian purely because of a tipped or tilted uterus. I would suggest you do some research on the issue. You can also check out spinning babies to learn how you can work towards balancing your uterus.  http://spinningbabie...-of-labor-ease/

For interests sake, I have a retroverted/retroflexed uterus but it has never caused a problem for me and all my births have been vaginal.

#47 little miss worry

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:35 AM

Hi , how has everyone been doing? Hope everyone has had a great Christmas and hope you all managed time to relax :xmas_cool:
I had a good day and thankfully the day was nice and relaxing. And not too hot!

Does anyone else feel that their pregnancy is going really quickly? I cannot believe we will be into 2017 in just a few days :omg:  It doesn't feel that long a go that I found out I was pregnant! I don't feel I am mentally prepared for baby yet!

How far along are you? 22 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling?  Tired and have no energy lately. And grumpy at times!

What symptoms are you experiencing? Tiredness, fatigue, sore underneath my ribs and reflux

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? I have had my 20 week scan and that was all fine. I went to see my Ob last week and he said everything is going well.

Any food cravings? chocolate! also crackers and dip. Been eating lots of Christmas left overs :xmas_biggrin:

How's sleep? still not getting much sleep lately. I just keeping waking up frequently through the night. But only getting up for the toilet at least once a night.

Tell us your favourite thing about your pregnancy this week! Feeling movement finally! I am starting to feel little kicks every day. Sometimes they feel like little hiccups. My belly is starting to get bigger and people can tell that I am pregnant not just fat. Also buying things for baby. We now have a pram and car seat and have started to buy some clothes.

What are you looking forward to? I have another appointment with Ob next week and will have a booking in appointment with the hospital coming up next month. Also partner and daughter feeling kicks.

Names!! Has anyone already chosen a name yet? We are having trouble here as partner does not like the name I have chosen and I am not liking any others!

Also has anyone else been getting pain underneath their ribs? And what can I do to help ease the pain? I have try putting a pillow underneath my belly but doesn't help at all :cry: I just cannot feel comfy especially sitting down and bending down.

#48 ~A2~

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:36 PM

Hi ladies

Just checking in to see how you are all going?

Also wanted to say I love the gold, silver and bronze posts at the start of threads.

Hope you all had a great Christmas - won't next years be amazing for you all

Regards and all the best for the New Year

Ali

#49 MrsG2

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:56 PM

Thanks Ali!

Hope everyone in this thread is doing well. I'm 23w1d now. DH and I finally finally announced our pregnancy to the family last week. It was surreal but good to finally tell everyone. We've been doing lots of window shopping but haven't bought anything yet. We still need to research car seats, strollers, cots etc. hoping to get it all done by mid-February. Sleep has been so bad due to the heat and because I can no longer sleep on my tummy , but nevertheless I'm loving being pregnant. Kicks are definitely there, but I get nervous on quiet days...

I have a scan at 24 weeks to check on the blood clot/hematoma, I really really hope it's resolved …

#50 Jameelah

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

Little Miss Worry, I'm definitely struggling with not getting ready for baby. Sometimes I start thinking about how the routine will be changed once the baby arrives and I start thinking "ooh, in really not ready for that", or I will think about how in other pregnancies I would be much more prepared at this point. I have to keep reminding myself though that really I'm not that far past the half way point so I've still got time to get my head in the right place. I think once appointments get closer and the baby's cot is set up and clothes washed I'll start feeling more prepared. At least that's what I'm hoping anyway. I don't think it helps that I have nothing to buy in order to get me in the frame of mind. I already have everything I need and can't justify spending on something that we don't need.

I think we have a boy name picked out but still deciding what the girl name would be.

My update:

How far along are you? 23 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling?  Motivated, well at least as much as I have in this pregnancy. At the same time, still so tired.

What symptoms are you experiencing? Tired - will this tiredness ever end?

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Nope

Any food cravings? Not really. Milk tastes great though.

How's sleep? Still not great due to my toddler.

Tell us your favourite thing about your pregnancy this week! I can't think of anything new. I would say kicks but honestly I'm getting frustrated with the restricted movement due to the anterior placenta.

What are you looking forward to? Sleep, undisturbed sleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.