Due in April 2017 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#51 Jameelah

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

I hope everything goes well with your scan, Mrs G, and that the hematoma is completely gone. I'm sure your family was very happy to hear your news. How did you announce it?

#52 MrsG2

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

Thanks Jameelah!
We didn't have any special announcement planned out. My MIL and FIL just told the rest of our family at a big family lunch. They were absolutely bursting to give the news so we just let them do it loll

#53 alchetta

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

Happy New Year everyone!
How are you all feeling? How was Christmas and New Year with a passenger on board?
I have been getting tired and stressed a lot but generally good at 26w! So happy to have an extended break - go back to work Jan 16 for only six more weeks then mat leave. Can't believe it!

#54 Kyz_NewMum

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

Hi ladies. Just thought I'd pop in for a new year update.

I'm into week 26 now. I had an OB check up last week, all going smoothly. Bump is definitely growing and I am feeling the kicks get stronger & more frequent. Bub has moved from being stuck in my left-side-tilted-uterus.

Things coming up in my pregnancy during this month:
> prenatal course over the next two Saturdays
> basic ultrasound for measurements & cervical length
> glucose test & blood tests
> time to apply for parental leave with Centrelink

I've just started a 6 week prenatal fitness program, specially designed pregnancy classes twice a week, one evening aqua fitness and another fitball yoga. I've only done one class so far but it was lovely excersizing with other mums to be.

I've started to get things ready for the nursery :)

Next OB appointment early Feb.

#55 Katherine1988

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:02 PM

How far along are you? 27w tomorrow

How are you feeling? Sore and aching, tired.

What symptoms are you experiencing? Still swollen ankles and feet, especially in this hot weather. Aching a bit in the pelvic area. Heartburn!!

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Nope not this week but had GTT the week before, get results tomorrow.

Any food cravings? Don't think so....... probably biscuits.

How's sleep? OK, (except the heat!!) but I've definitely been sleeping much lighter than usual.

Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! Lots of movement but it's still being cheeky every time I tell my husband to feel it, it stops!! I think I've hit some nesting, probably overdid it cleaning and rearranging yesterday, but it needed to be done. We're renovating so it looked like a tornado had been through my house!

What are you looking forward to? GP appointment tomorrow, midwife appointment next Thursday. Renovations are getting there, won't be too much longer (thankfully!!).

Any questions you want to ask? No

#56 *Cranberry*

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

Hi everyone!

How are you all going? Can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going, anyone else feel the same?

Bit of an update from me..

How far along are you? 26+5

How are you feeling? Mostly good, the heat really doesn't agree with me and I've had awful heartburn at night.  My ribs on my right side are also aching so much.

What symptoms are you experiencing? As above, heartburn, sore ribs and probably a little bit grump at times!

Any Dr appts/tests this week? Not this week but have my glucose test next week and then follow up midwife appt the week after.  Not looking forward to fasting for so long!!

Any food cravings? Orange juice and just fruit in general

Hows sleep? Ok, some nights I sleep really well and others it's very broken.  Feeling a bit tired.

Tell us your favourite things about pregnancy this week?  How strong all her movements and kicks are!

What are you looking forward to?  Really starting to get ready and prepared for her arrival.

#57 little miss worry

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

Hi all,
Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Time certainly is going quick although at times I wish it would hurry up especially when I am tired and achy :annoyed:

Anyway an update from me

How far along are you? 25 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling? A bit down this week and a bit grumpy. My ribs have been causing me a lot of pain. This is the worst I have felt this whole pregnancy! I do remember saying earlier in this pregnancy that I wished I felt more pregnant ~So I guess I shouldn't complain now!

What symptoms are you experiencing? Reflux and hiccups all day - and night, fatigue and lack of energy, pain under my ribs

Any Dr appts/tests this week? I have my glucose test this Friday. Yay! Not looking forward to sitting there for 3 hours.
I also had to have an ultrasound on my Gall bladder and liver last week. Obstetrician thought the pain in my rib might be to do with Gall stones. Thankfully it wasn't and it the pain is most likely caused by the uterus stretching and knocking into my ribs. I have a small frame so maybe there is just no room. Apart from that, everything is fine. This pregnancy is completely different to my first. I found that this baby is not in breech position but I am still thinking I will have an elective c section despite. I have an obstetrician appointment on the 30th January and also a booking in appointment with the hospital which I hope will be soon.

Any food cravings? Not to many this week. I have been having a lot of reflux and indigestion so food is not that appealing! But I do like to have chocolate, which I know makes it worse!

Hows sleep? Still not great. I have been too hot too sleep and I am back to waking up at least twice a night for the toilet!

Tell us your favourite things about pregnancy this week? Not too much this week. Apart from my daughter spending time talking to my bump and giving it gentle rubs and kisses. Very cute! She wasn't too happy months a go when we told her she was going to have a little sister so it is good to see her finally happy with the idea of a new baby and becoming excited! I am also experiencing more kicks which she has been able to feel.

What are you looking forward to? Not having rib pain!! Also in the next few weeks organising baby's room. And shopping for all the small things like clothes etc as we have most of the big stuff now. Also finding out glucose levels if they are fine.

#58 Kyz_NewMum

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

This weeks update:

How far along are you? 28+ into the 3rd trimester!!!

How are you feeling? Tired, with the 3rd trimester arrival has come a wave of tiredness.... I need to try and slow down and give myself periods of rest but I struggle with that!

What symptoms are you experiencing? Tired, need to pee (all the time!), have noticed fluid retention in my ankles (mostly when it's hot and I've been standing a lot), restless legs and achy lower back. All symptoms are fairly mild though, I really don't reel I can complain!

Any Dr appts/tests this week?
- had a general obstetrics ultrasound over the weekend, just to check measurements and cervix
- I've got my GTT glucose test on Thursday morning this week
- appointment with OB on 1st Feb

Any food cravings? Not really, sweet tooth more so than usual... chocolate etc!

Hows sleep? Very broken, I usually wake every 2-3hrs and need to go to the loo. Feeling tired, Bit of insomnia a couple of days last week. I am starting to feel less comfortable in bed.

Tell us your favourite things about pregnancy this week?
Bub has moved to a head down position and I'm noticing a lot more active and strong movements :)

What are you looking forward to?
OB appointment
Decorating the nursery
Hubby getting to feel more movements
Meeting this little bubba!

I am hoping this baby arrives before the Easter long weekend, have heard some stories about the costs going up significantly if arrival comes on a public holiday!

How's everyone else going??

Would love a bit more activity in this group, I'm starting to get really excited!

#59 MrsG2

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:24 AM

Hi all, I am 27 weeks this Thursday ..
Feeling pretty alright for now. I've gained about 10kg from my pre-pregnancy weight so I am getting some Pelvic pain. All the weight I have gained is mainly on my stomach, so the excess weight is putting pressure on my legs/hips.
I have my GTT this week as well - so worried as my diet hasn't been great this trimester..
I had a scan at 24weeks and while I still have a small subchorionic hematoma, the doctors think it should resolve. I'm really hoping and praying it doesn't cause any more issues.

I'm really happy to be feeling more movements now but I still panic on the "quiet days". The next 12-13 weeks can't go by quick enough. I want to meet my bub!

That being said, I have literally bought nothing , so will need to get onto that when I take some time off in February. Hope everyone else is doing well
:)

#60 alchetta

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

Hi all,

Technically 29w today! Just had my glucose test after rescheduling twice due to migraine and tummy bug! Fingers crossed the results are ok. I thought I was going to faint after I had the drink but stayed sitting and conscious!

Pelvis/pelvic girdle has been causing me a lot of grief... I can't walk very far or fast so I'm trying to take it slowly! Got a bit of insomnia and need to pee all the time as well. I haven't really had any heartburn - I read somewhere that heartburn hasbeen linked with hair so will prepare to greet a very bald bub :tongue:

She is kicking and rolling all over the place which is fun. I'm starting childbirth classes Thursday next week. Five more weeks of work, looking forward to finishing!

#61 Jameelah

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:57 PM

Hello everyone, sorry for neglecting you all lately.

Little Miss Worry, I'm sure you already know this, but I'm the off chance you don't, milk can help heaps with reflux and heartburn. Also, for hiccups I have discovered that just a tiny bit of enos works perfectly, every time.

An update from me:

How far along are you? 27 weeks

How are you feeling?
Pretty good. I have finally had some energy so I have been very busy getting so much done (which is why you haven't seen me around).

What symptoms are you experiencing?
Some heartburn, some insomnia, some shortness of breath, swelling in my legs and oh so very sore feet. The pain isn't just like tired feet from standing too much. They feel bruised and the ligaments inflamed and it feels like some tremendous weight being put into my poor two feet.

No, last week I had my book in appointment for my backup hospital. I'm grateful that I don't have to sit and wait for such a long time for every single antenatal appointment.

Any food cravings?
I had nausea for a couple of days in which time I just wanted fruit but outside that, maybe milk.

Hows sleep?
As long as I don't get woken up it has been good but if I need to get up to one of the children or need to go to the toilet it takes me a very long time to get back to sleep.

Much stronger movements which has meant being able to see my belly bounce around. Getting new shoes that help so much with the foot pain.

Pulling out the baby clothes and getting them washed, although that may be a few weeks yet.

Edited by Jameelah, 25 January 2017 - 11:58 PM.

#62 Katherine1988

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

Hi all,

Time is flying quickly!! The third trimester is here, I can't believe how quickly it's going. Hope you are all keeping well.

How far along are you?
29w tomorrow

How are you feeling?
A bit sore and aching, tired.

Still swollen ankles and feet, they get really sore when I've been on them too long which is frustrating when trying to get stuff done! Been terrible especially in this hot weather. Aching a bit in the pelvic area. Heartburn has been a killer the last few days!! Few more stretch marks starting to appear :(

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go?
GTT results all fine, but they found my iron levels had dropped dramatically so now I'm on iron tablets in addition to pregnancy multivitamin and vit D.

Any food cravings?
Just food in general I think :)

How's sleep?
Pretty good, a friend lent me her pregnancy pillow and it's great! Sleeping so well, but still getting tired during the day, have been liking having a midday nap on the weekends. I am a volunteer ambulance officer so have still been doing call outs over the weekend at all hours so that didn't help much.

Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week!
A work colleague has given me her feeding chair and stool, it's so comfy so I loved trying that out! Plus she gave me so many other bits. I have 2 of some things which will be very handy for my parent's house. Caught up with so many friends and family and found my cousin is also expecting so that was pretty cool.

Midwife appointment rescheduled to this Thursday so looking forward to that, and we're getting ready to paint our newly renovated lounge room so I'm excited about that.

Any questions you want to ask?
Don't think so, just cruising along here :)

Katherine

#63 Kyz_NewMum

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

How far along are you? 29weeks +3days

How are you feeling?
Pretty good, the 35 degree nights have meant sleeping with a/c on to cope but otherwise surprisingly not too bad in the Sydney heatwaves...

Occasional swelling of legs/feet, restless legs & calf cramps, bit of constipation but nothing metamucil doesnt help with.

GTT results & bloods/urine tests all came back good. No concerns there. Ultrasound to measure bub & cervix all well, measurements are good :)

Any food cravings?
Sweet tooth.... need to try and curb that one away from ice cream and chocolate. Also fruit & lots of water for hydration.

How's sleep?
Not too bad, broken for toilet breaks and restless legs occasionally keeping be tossing and turning. My Belly Bean pillow is great for helping keep me in position.

Just feeling the stronger wriggles and growing bump!
Enjoying pre-natal twice weekly fitness classes (aqua & yoga) & meeting other mums-to-be.

Setting up the nursery, aiming to get it done over the weekends in February. Hubby has weekends off work for the next 3 weeks, so looking forward to enjoying some dates with him, enjoying our time together as a couple before baby comes along.

Also looking forward to;
- hitting the 30 weeks mark!
- the "count down"to finishing work
- confirmation of parental leave application from cenrtelink
- meeting baby!!!

#64 scotsmum

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I popped in sorry but i'm going to try follow along and keep up! Is this group on Facebook too?

How far along are you?
30+5 weeks

How are you feeling?
Like i'm full term! Heavy, pelvis aches and i'm slow!

A very tight tummy due to polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid), swollen ankles, aching pelvis/ pelvic floor by late afternoon, tired.

BP is borderline high at Obstetrician appointment - not high enough to require medication but a little worrying this early on as it usually spikes in the final weeks for me. I also got referred for an additional scan as my Ob picked up that I have too much amniotic fluid around the baby (this happened in my last pregnancy too and was thankfully unexplained). The scan went well - baby is growing normally and there is no obvious cause for the condition. Fluid levels were very high end of normal but expected to develop into polyhydramnios between now and 34 weeks.

Any food cravings?
No cravings - I definitely prefer sweet this pregnancy though!

How's sleep?
No problems - I don't even get up to the toilet during the night! My only issue is having to stay up late till the daily zantac tablet I take kicks in after dinner otherwise I get severe reflux that chokes me in a deep sleep. This means i'm sometimes not getting to bed till 11.30/midnight and I could do with more sleep!

Reaching 30+ weeks - seeing the '3' now makes me feel like i'm on the countdown. Went and bought a double pram (Strider with 2nd seat) and it made it all so real!

Newborn snuggles - falling in love again! While its a while off, that vision keeps me going through all the daily aches and pains and struggle.

4th baby - no questions ;)

#65 Kyz_NewMum

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

Awww @scotsmum ... "falling in love again'

I LOVE this, can't wait to experience this love as a first time Mum to be!

#66 **Xena**

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

I've been a bit slack here!
Had my GTT which was awful as usual :lol: but no diabetes so yay! Low on iron though so taking tablets.

Also found out that this time around I have anti-c antibodies in my blood. Now need my blood tested regularly and scans to make sure bub is okay. I'd never heard of it before only anti-d which I never had to worry about being a positive blood type. There's no injection for anti-c so I just have to hope levels stay low. Blood test and scan at the end of this month and appointment at the start of March. Fingers crossed. I get to book my c-section at my next appointment too so I'll know bubs birthday (as long as he doesn't come/need to come early) :D

Hope everyone is well!

#67 Jameelah

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:41 PM

How far along are you?
28 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling?
Pretty good. I'm taking iron again and my breathlessness is better now. My feet are much better after getting the new shoes.

Some heartburn and tiredness.

No. Next appointment is on Monday.

Any food cravings?
Sweet food.

Hows sleep?
Pretty good

Reaching 3rd trimester.

Finding out what my iron levels are. Isn't that a strange thing to look forward to, a blood test.

#68 Jameelah

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

How far along are you?
29 weeks 1 days

How are you feeling?
Pretty good. Today the baby has been making big, uncomfortable movements and tonight my upper belly feels really bruised

Some heartburn and tiredness.

I saw my midwife on Monday. All was good. I now have to get my blood tests

Any food cravings?
Sweet food. I've been doing a heap of baking

Hows sleep?
OK. Toilet trips, reflux and a bit of insomnia impact on it a bit though.

Stronger baby movements

The big 30

#69 alchetta

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:23 AM

Hello!

How far along are you?
31+4

How are you feeling?
That whole nesting thing has hit me big time and I just want to stay home and be domestic! I'm getting so excited.

Insomnia and a very sore pelvis generally.

Saw midwife yesterday and bub is great but I'm low in iron so time to supplement higher. We also did our second hospital class but I'm regretting that because I think it's overbuilding the anticipation of labour too much where I really just want to take it as it comes, but I feel like it's important for DH especially.

Any food cravings?
Frozen grapes and more frozen grapes.

Hows sleep?
What sleep? Heatwave with no aircon, baby kicking bladder, symphysis pubis dysfunction, yeah, nah.

Everyone keeps telling me I'm gorgeous or beautiful purely because I have a big belly out in front, even if I haven't slept in days and haven't washed my hair in a week.

Finishing work. Two weeks left.

#70 MrsG2

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

Jameelah I am 29w1day too and yep also getting the bruised upper belly feeling.. this baby likes to roll really hard!!

I am also feeling quite over work and summer, I just want April to come already so I can meet my baby!!

No cravings at the moment - cool food - but that's because it's been horrid this summer in Sydney..

Alchetta - I hear you RE sleep.. I have had such terrible pelvic pain while I sleep 😞.

Questions - I am so worried about increased discharge (TMI)... how can you tell if it's just discharge or amniotic fluid? I asked the midwife about small amniotic fluid leaks and she said it's hard to tell and they aren't super concerned with it.. but isn't it a big concern?

What am I looking forward to?
I have a week off work next week so hubby and I can buy baby things - very excited. Then 5more weeks of work and I'll be on Mat leave at just over 35 weeks - can't wait

#71 Caribou

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

You'll know if you were leaking Amniotic fluid. I am getting plenty of increased discharge as we plod along. plus we should now all be on fortnightly visits until 36 weeks.

28w+5. Over this heat and no air con!

What I'm looking forward to?

Summer being over.

#72 alchetta

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:57 AM

I think the discharge is normal, I can easily go through 3-4 liners in a day which is a bit of a hassle as I'm a menstrual cup girl usually and need to find myself some reusable liners!

#73 Kyz_NewMum

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

31 weeks for me now.

5 weeks left of work, really, really looking forward to winding down and stopping work.

No Dr's appointments this week, there's one booked with OB for next week and GP in a few weeks just for a check-up.

Not a lot to report, 3rd trimester definitely gets a little harder each week, but I'm excited this means closer to meeting our little one!

Can't wait to find out who our little bubby is! will we get to use our boys name or girls name?! eeek.

Cleaned and put the nursery together in the early hours of the hot Sydney weekend, so excited to start getting organised.

#74 little miss worry

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

Hi all, Hope every one is doing well and managing to get through the hot weather. It has been rather cool the last few days down South where I live, so I am lucky not to have worry about being too hot this summer. Pretty much the opposite, needing to find an extra jumper to put on :laugh:

Anyway an update from me,

How far along are you? 29 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling? I haven't been feeling to bad lately besides the rib pain. Starting to feel excited now but also nervous about birth/ c section.

What symptoms are you experiencing? still the rib pain and reflux.

Any Dr appts/tests this week? No this is a quiet time for me. I have obstetrician appointment next Tuesday when I am 30 weeks.

Any food cravings? Nothing in particular this week. But usually anything sweet!

Hows sleep? Some nights are good and others I don't get much sleep at all. I find it hard to get comfortable!

Tell us your favourite things about pregnancy this week? Shopping for clothes for bub and deciding on a theme for nursery.

Is anyone still struggling to come up with names? I cant find anything that other half and I both like or can settle on  :shrug:

#75 Katherine1988

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

Hi all

How far along are you?
31w today woohoo

How are you feeling?
A bit sore and aching, tired.

Still swollen ankles and feet, aching a bit in the pelvic area. Heartburn!! Few more stretch marks starting to appear making my tummy super itchy :(

None

Any food cravings?
Sweet stuff

How's sleep?
OK, still feeling tired a lot though

My friends organising the baby shower for me, and lots of movement from bubs.

Having our ensuite finished and being able to get some painting done and finish some rooms in our reno! This whole living in a construction zone is driving me nuts. Just want it finished already!!

Nope

Yes, struggling with boy's names. We don't know what we're having but have a girls name that we like, but are stumped about boys. Hard when there's already so many boys on both sides of our family.

Katherine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.