Due in February 2017 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#26 Wonderstruck

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:32 AM

I'm slowing down too - harder to move around and my stamina is a fair bit less - the heat doesn't help - can't wait to finish work as the ability to have little naps is nice at the moment.

Isn't it cool having the seat in the car :) I love looking back and seeing it there - makes it all the more real.

Hope everyone is doing well!

The heat is awful - we have no a/c and Sydney has been hot! It was 38 degrees yesterday - thankfully both my parents and the inlaws have pools and a/c so we go over there when we need a break!

I had my scan today to check on the position of the placenta...pretty boring though as bubs was in a good birthing position (head down facing into my back) but no fun as we couldn't get any nice pictures or a view of face etc.

Good news is my placenta was no longer low lying and the cord was not 'marginal' whatever that means.

Bubs looked good for dates and is estimated to be 2.1kg - everything looked good as far as I am aware but my 32 week check up will confirm all is well.

Labour bag is packed although waiting for my tens machine to arrive due to it being sent by a really stupid courier company that has caused me drama in the past.

Looking forward to finally getting nursery sey up tomorrow - we have everything now but its been too hot to put it all together and move stuff. We bought the cot and most things that we didn't have this week. That said - apartment living can suck as someone is cleaning out their place and filled the bins we all share with 4 days till collection - we all use the bins for excess rubbish from time to time but at least wait until the collection day - I just hope people don't start leaving excess rubbish around as I swear people are animals some times.

Blerg - back to work on Tuesday but then the countdown to maternity leave - 4 weeks to go :)

#27 mirandarine

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:47 PM

Yay that the placenta has moved. What a relief! How did the nursery set up go?

I went back to work after xmas break today and now the day is over I have only 6 more working days left before mat leave starts! Woohoo! So happy about that :-)

#28 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

Oh, you must be excited, I've still got 3.5 weeks to go or 16 working days.

AFM - 32+3 today - baby room set up is a bit stalled with cardboard everywhere but we will get there - still got some organising to do to fit some of the stuff under beds/in cupboards so we have more space in the baby room.

My cat seems to think the bassinet (which is in our bedroom) is his bed so trying to let him get his curiosity out!

Just had my 32 week check up - I'm down a few hundred grams but growth scan showed bubs is 75th percentile for growth so OB isn't too worried. He said the baby is on the bigger size for someone small like me but a healthy size none the less.

Placenta is moving up so they'll be mindful but not worried about it and cord is apparently 'eccentric' which means coming out a bit to the side? Apparently again no reason to worry.

Work is busier than I expected and I'm counting down till my mat leave.

Hoping everyone else is well.

#29 MrsB83

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm glad you're placentas' are mostly behaving now. Mine was luckily never a problem.

I had meant to set-up baby's room on the couple of days I had in the break I had no social things on. They were unfortunately the 40+ days in western Sydney and that room has no a/c. So it didn't happen. We have  portable a/c in our bedroom - so I hid in there. So our bedroom with bassinet is organised.

I have my baby shower on Sunday, yay!

I started putting together my hospital bag, I went and bought 2 nursing bras this morning. I kept waiting for my boobs to get bigger but I've actually lost weight from my body, particularly my boobs (I've been pretty strict with my GD diet). The only thing that has got bigger is my belly. So I just bought bras with a bit of room to grow when milk comes in.

I'll be crazy busy with work for the next few weeks, I'll see how I go. January is a super busy time for us. I'm 33+3 now and want to work in the lab until the 28th of Jan, which will put me at 36+6 - which is quite ambitious. I'll see how I go. If I physically can't cope, I'll switch to working at home earlier than that. After that I'll just do writing/ analysis from home for 2 weeks. I've ear-marked 10th of Feb as my last day. I'll see if I end up going earlier.

I've got an ultrasound next week to monitor growth. Fingers crossed bub is the right size and not too big.

#30 MrsB83

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

I've been pretty good on buying not too many baby things up until now. I've just bought a 3 body suits. Two of them I was thinking of giving to my close friend. She's just 13 weeks behind me (she was trying for a baby for 3 years and managed it on her third IVF attempt). I was feeling a bit silly for already buying her things, but she confessed on Tuesday she's bought piles of stuff for my baby shower. So I don't feel so bad now.

The one thing I've gone overboard on is baby carriers. I've bought two soft structured baby carriers myself and put a wrap-style carrier as a suggestion for a baby shower gift. I've now come home to two sets of carrier drool pads i ordered on line. If my little girl ends up hating being in a baby carrier I'm going to be in trouble. I better not order anything else baby carrier related!

Please tell me I'm not the only one that's gone a tad overboard on something baby-related!

#31 MrsB83

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:46 PM

I just remembered I've done another silly thing - I've ordered a newborn onesie with bubs name printed on it for the birth announcement. I really need to stay away from on-line stores now 😅

#32 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

A lot of our prep was derailed by the heat too - we have no a/c and it was sooo hot in our apartment!

You're a trooper attempting to work past 36 weeks - I can understand though - I'm happy to work till 36 weeks as I sit and have a/c at work, plus I'd get bored and stir crazy at home.

I didn't buy much until after my baby shower (which was very hard) and got a lot of stuff so we haven't had to buy too much (I do go crazy and buy a heap of clothes or swaddles if I see a sale). I actually bought my pram when TTC with IVF. As someone who has gone through IVF and thought buying things jinxed it - I'm sure your friend will love what you bought as it took me ages to buy things on my own but it was nice to be given stuff.

Carriers are great I think - we got the ergo 360 at our shower.

We were lucky - being a first grandchild on both size and knowing what we went through with IVF and how financially crippling it can be - the in-laws bought our capsule (which I found on sale for $200 for a new, last years model) and my parents got the pram, cot (which is also a basinet and toddler bed) and monitor - I wanted to stop them but they insisted and as we are short on space better we get things we need I guess.

Most of the other big things like bath set/rest (not using a baby bath), ergo 360, bouncer, play gym, swaddles, some clothes etc.

I only had to buy little things, a breast pump, bottles, steraliser etc.

Don't worry I don't think you've gone overboard and it will be even harder to resist the urge once the shower is done :)

#33 MrsB83

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

Hi Ladies,

I had my baby shower on Sunday, got lots of bits and pieces and a ton of size 000 clothes. My mum had kept the receipt for the ones she bought - I might actually get her to come and exchange some for some 00. Fortunately people bought a range of colours so I don't have just pink everything.

Work is also having a baby shower, so I just need to work out today what I need still. I bought a pram of a friend that has a two year old that has a baby capsule, bassinet and toddler attachment. I got lucky there. My MIL payed for it.

Just a bit of a rant - I'm getting totally fed-up with food. My GD is controlled well if I keep my carbohydrate intake very low. I've been quite strict. I did have one slice of my husbands pizza the other day and the reading was high 2 hrs later 😞. That's the only remotely junky/ processed thing that I've eaten for the last 8 weeks. I haven't even been eating bread really. Together with still mostly having aversion to meat, not eating feta etc on my salads and i seem to be only coping with small portion sizes. I'm completely sick of thinking  about food but I'm also hungry abd I think I'm losing weight. I've gone from a 16E bra down to I think a 16D. I can see I've lost weight over my body (not that it would hurt me to lose a little, but I'm also feeling hungry and cranky most of the time).

Anyway, I have a growth ultrasound on Friday, that will cheer me up, I also have an appointment at the antenatal clinic the following Monday, so I'll get weighed etc then and I can actually see how I'm going. I'm 34+3 today so less than 6 weeks to go.

#34 mirandarine

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

Yay for baby shower goodies! Im not having a baby shower, however my work are throwing me a baby farewell party tomorrow as its my last day of work. Im pretty thrilled about that :-)
I have a growth ultrasound on Friday too. Hopefully all is well. Bub hasnt been moving very much at all and I am looking forward to having a sneak peek at her again.

My feet swelling is now so prohibative. Just getting to work, my feet are maxed out to the size of baby hippos. Im not loving it. Im looking forward to 5.5 weeks of rest before bubs arrives (eek... is that all i have left??? Eeek!)

Edited by mirandarine, 11 January 2017 - 07:44 AM.

#35 Wonderstruck

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

The GD diet sounds awful MrsB83! Countdown till D Day so you can go back to normal!

How did your last day go Mirandarine? So jealous that you're done. I've got 2.5 weeks to go and so over the crap I'm looking after at the moment and the disorganisation of when I'll be handing over.

I'm doing ok - just feeling big and dying in the Sydney heat! It was 38 degrees and we don't have aircon so luckily it's starting to cool off so I can hopefully sleep tonight

#36 Mummaduck8

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:36 PM

It's been a long time since last popped by here..

I'm 37 weeks now and feeling it. Heat is horrible! Got lots of back/pelvis pain too.

Bub is head down and 2/5 engaged. So hoping for less then 3 weeks as I can't keep walking for pelvis pain another 3 weeks!!

Will finish reading back to see how you are all going

#37 MrsB83

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:40 PM

How nice you've got 5.5 weeks off mirandarine. Enjoy it and get those poor swollen feet up.

I'm pretty busy too wonderstruck trying to leave things not in a complete mess when I finish. My timing wasn't great - nhmrc grants are due at the beginning of March, so I will likely be contributing writing and analysis to grants right up until bub comes. I can at least do that from home.

Sorry you have back/ pelvis pain, I've got a little back pain but pretty good generally.

I had my growth ultrasound - bub is sitting around the 38th - 50th percentile for most things. So good news, not too small or too big (which is a complication of GD). So I'm happy I've been so strict with the diet. She's also in a good position, head down etc.

Movement-wise, she stopped her bigger kicks a few weeks ago, I guess she ran out of room. Hopefully that's all that's happened with you mirandarine. She mainly just pushes and re-adjusts.

Not long to go for any of us now!

#38 Wonderstruck

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:31 PM

Good to hear everyone is doing well - the Sydney heat has been terrible - glad it let up today.

Had 34 week check up today (at 34+4) with covering doctor - my OB is back next week.

Measuring at closer to 36 weeks so confirmed bubs is a big one. DH is so proud of himself - I'm worried about pushing her out.

Shooting pain I've been getting in my thighs is nerve pain from where bubs is sitting which is normal - good heartbeat and in good birthing position so all is well.

Just got to keep on going - last fortnightly appointment is at 36 weeks and then down to weekly from then on.

Only 5 days of work left...yay!

#39 newmumandexcited

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

I'm having twins and scheduled for a C section on 21/2. I might come naturally as my first labour was quick and they are downward.

I'll be so happy when it's over - too hot!

#40 mirandarine

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

Hi ladies, how is everyone going?
Im well. Very swollen feet and hands. Not p.e though. Been tested twice in last two weeks and all is well.
I have had vision loss and high bp, just no protein so basically have been told to lay low. Just while away the days until bub arrives.
Ive also got very dead-feeling hands from the swelling. Again GP says keep on keeping on. Gahhh. Im feeling pretty useless and oh so bored!
Our new front door goes in this afternoon and the new floors are laid this weekend... only then will we be able to rearrange the house to some sort of order and finally put bubs basinette etc together.
I have c section booked for the 20th.... Feels like eeeons away!

#41 Wonderstruck

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

I hope you're resting and doing ok! I think the home stretch is hard! You've got a set date so that's a plus! We had to wait for some renos before we could do bubs stuff but I have a lot of cleaning and reorganising to do!

Last day of work was today. Will be 36 weeks on Sunday - got a few things coming up -  36 week OB appointment Monday, hospital antenatal breastfeeding class on Thursday...

Feeling big and tired and excited to meet bubs.

#42 Wonderstruck

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

Hi ladies. Hope it's not too hot where you are. Sydney is having the hottest summer on record...can't wait to get this baby out at this rate. Lucky mum and dad are happy for me to show up to use their aircon and pool.

Had my 36 week appointment today and first official day of mat leave. I think bubs had a growth spurt last visit as bubs is measuring well but I've lost a kilo. Not as concerned that bubs is huge as OB said baby is looking a healthy size but not scarily big.

Not engaged and movement is good so not much to do/report.

We discussed strep b swab as my brother contracted it during birth so that will be done as well as an internal next week. OB said it's hard to know when bubs will come but the internal will give a clearer idea.

Done a lot of bubs washing but very annoyed the weather has been so hot as I can't get any cleaning done in the house!

Hope everyone is well.

#43 mirandarine

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hiya,
Not much happening here. Im perpetually tired and have swollen everything with very painful hands. I could nap all day really.
Bubs has started to engage so while i feel i can breathe a little better, the pressure is on downstairs.

I have the basinette set up and will be washing bubs clothes this week. Thats about it!

#44 Wonderstruck

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

Sounds like you might have some carpal tunnel? I've seen it happen to friends which isn't fun! I had in my wrist earlier in the year probably due to typing all day.

I've still got energy during the day so pacing myself with all the stuff I need to do. Seems to help me sleep a little better if I tire myself out.

I am enjoying mat leave but all I can see is how messy and cluttered my place is..apparently it's part of the whole nesting thing...I'm currently doing one of my least favourite chores...cleaning out the pantry due to pantry moth infestation...it's so annoying to have to throw everything out but the extremely hot humid summer has amplified it!

Got an antenatal breastfeeding class today at the hospital - not sure what they can teach you when bubs isn't here buT keen to learn what I can.

I'm otherwise just getting ready for baby now. Mine and bubs bag packed, car seat in car, clothes washed etc. Pram constructed and now just need to practice clicking in the car seat in the pram.

Glad bubs has a couple of active times a day but before bed she goes nuts and it drives me mental as it's so uncomfortable...

#45 mirandarine

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

Yes I sure do. Im learning to deal with it though. Im much the same with low energy. Im doing a task, taking a rest etc.
Im having a worry at thw moment that i dont have enough clothes etc for bubs. I think ill go ahopping this week for a few things. I havent packed my bag yet... a job for this week also.
The hot weather is my biggest problem at the moment. Thats why i am prefering to stay inside and do nothing! My feet and hands are less swollen if i do nothing.
Hurry up baby!

#46 Wonderstruck

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

I keep worrying I don't have enough clothes... perhaps I'll end up buying too many.

If it helps Big W has a baby sale on at ththe moment and 40% off bonds. I'm going to grab a few more onesies and singlets

#47 Wonderstruck

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

AFM - 37+1 - last night was awful in Sydney 31 at 10pm with now aircon.

Saw OB this morning  - had swab for strep B and internal exam - apparently cervix is looking low and good and bubs is starting to engage - he wrote 2/5 on my card whatever that means. He said bubs is nice and low so hopefully that should mean that I won't go over/too far over.

Its funny actually, I hadn't thought bubs was engaged but then after the appointment and grocery shopping I could feel bubs pushing down there if it makes sense. Here's hoping I don't have too much longer to go.

#48 mirandarine

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

Eek no aircon?! I couldnt cope! Yay so your bubs head is 2/5 of the way into the pelvis/ birth canal space now. Thats great. Last week my bub was 1/5. Thanks fr the Big W tip... i may *need* to go shopping tomorrow!
I have gp appt tomorrow where ill get my.blood test results re my iron levels. Hopefully my supplememts and dietary efforts have been enough to avoid an iron infusion.
Back to ob on wednesday for 37 week check up.

#49 Wonderstruck

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

I'm sure your iron levels are good now - mine were checked and OB was happy. Said I might as well keep them up and post delivery for a little while as you tend to need to get them back up post bub!

I got 3 packets of 5 singlets and 3 zippy onesies for $70 so happy with that - I've got to stop shopping now lol!

#50 MrsB83

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:22 AM

Hi everyone, this heat has been relentless! Finally a cool change has come through!

I switched to working from home on Wednesday last week, just doing a bit of analysis and writing. The house is slowly coming together, but still needs a lot of cleaning etc.

I'm 38 +3 now so really could be any day now. Physically I'm coping very well and feel like I'd be happy for bub to stay in there at least 2 more weeks so I can get all the bits and pieces done.

I have the car seat in but haven't got it checked at a fitting station. Hospital bag + bubs bag is all ready. Bassinet is all ready except that I keep dumping clean clothes in it. I've got plenty of clothes, got a ton from the baby shower, (maybe even a few too many 000s).
I would like to get my carpets + couches steam cleaned (the lounge room carpet survived through two puppies that are now 16 months old). My husbands car needs servicing too, and i could do with a haircut. Phew, on second thought I'm happy for bub to wait 3 more weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.