Ready Set Go girls #268

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
526 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

New thread time ladies, and Merry Christmas! Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 RainRain

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:12 PM

Gold!

#3 Jelly Bee

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:47 PM

Silver!

#4 baking101

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

Bronze. It seems like it's a quiet time of year. Where's everyone at with their cycles?

#5 Jessie_T

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

Baking a while ago I reintroduced myself but haven't been on a lot as ivf was taking a massive toll on me. I just transferred on Wednesday. Our 10th cycle

Where are you up to baking101?

#6 Jelly Bee

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

It's super quiet in here!

Good luck Jessie. I transferred Friday for my 5th cycle. I'm new clinic, new fs, new protocol, so really hoping the shake up will work out.

I also had a 3 day embie that I am hoping hoping hoping is still kicking tomorrow morning so it can be frozen

Good luck for your TWW

#7 Shally268

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

Welcome and good luck Jessie.

I have my egg collection today and hoping it will go well. I only had 1 follicle that was measuring over 16mm at the last scan but hopefully the others have caught up by now.

When can you do the pregnancy test Wandering?

#8 Jo.F

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:59 PM

Hi Jessie. It is hard to hang around in these forums sometimes, glad to see you're back in the game. I have everything crossed for you.

Wandering, how is the 2ww going?

Shally I hope the egg collection went well. I'll be checking back for an update :)

hope everyone else is doing well. It's pretty quiet this time of  year I think because a lot of clinics will only start new cycles up to a certain date. With mine it was the 16th Dec I think and then after that you generally have to wait until next year however they try really hard to book you onto a cycle by the 31st to sneak into the safety net ;)

We'll be waiting until next year before we have another try so for now I'll just keep stalking you lot :)

#9 Ksout

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:48 PM

Just treading water here til Jan for our FET which will be our fifth IVF cycle. I have an appointment with the doctor at the clinic to sign the paperwork for our FET and discuss what we'll be doing. I don't ovulate really so I'm wondering if we'll be doing medicated. I am also tossing up the idea of asking to be tested for NK Cells before they close the clinic for christmas. With 3 failed implantations and a fourth cancelled cycle I would really like to know we have all our ducks in a row for the FET as it will be our last attempt. I don't want to waste it.

Any thoughts ladies?

#10 Shally268

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:31 PM

Thanks Jo :) I got 5 eggs so I'm very happy. Now to wait until tomorrow to find out how many fertilized.My clinic is also going to stop doing new cycles around 16th December or so. All the best for your new cycle in 2017. Are you doing a fresh cycle or FET?

Ksout, I'm sorry to hear of your previous cycles but I hope 2017 is the year for you. I got tested for NK cells this time around and I'm glad I did it as they found that I had a higher than usual number of NK cells and that it may affect implantation. From what I understood, they do the NK cells test via biopsy when they do the endometrial scratch and that can also sometimes help with implantation so I'd say its best to do it just before you start your next cycle perhaps? My FS told me to do it on day 21 of my menstrual cycle, just before I started this IVF cycle.

Edited by Shally268, 05 December 2016 - 06:33 PM.

#11 Jelly Bee

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:12 PM

5 eggs is amazing Shally! That's a good number, hope you are happily in recovery and the fertilise and kick on

Stalk away JoF!!

Hiya Ksout  - I'm on my fifth cycle too. By now we want answers! Or at least clues.....

I'm booked for my blood test Thursday 15th  but have decided to HPT on Sunday ... can't wait. God this bit is hard! I prefer the jabbing! I am obsessively checking when I can expect implantation

Oh - got some good news, my only other fertilised egg is still growing away at Day 5 so I'm hoping to hear in the morning that it's been frozen as a blasty

Edited by Wandering, 05 December 2016 - 10:12 PM.

#12 Jo.F

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:17 PM

Shally - 5 eggs is great especially since they only though you had one big follicle - well done!  
Thanks :) We used our last frosty in November so it will be another fresh cycle.

Wandering - i'm so glad your other one kept growing. I've never had a blast as mine always get transferred at day 4, FX you get a call to say it's made it to day 5 :)

ksout - it's frustrating when nothing seems to be working and you don't know why. We had a whole heap of tests done after the MC and I was found to have a clotting problem but otherwise nothing bad - but it is definitely something to bring up with your FS.

My FET's have always been medicated because I don't ovulate consistently. Its much easier to control the cycle when it's medicated (ignore the fact that my last FET I was stimming for 19 days, that was a dosage issue lol) so if your FS doesnt bring it up maybe you can ask the question?

I hope you get some answers and a new direction for your next FET x

#13 Jelly Bee

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:55 PM

No blasty for me :( It didn't keep going ... I'm kicking myself for taking the chance on it and not having a double transfer.

At 39 I probably should have but as I'm on my own with donor sperm I thought the even remote possibility of twins was just too scary.

You live and learn though, next time if I'm lucky enough to have two fertilised eggs they are both going back in

#14 Shally268

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

Hey Jellyblush, I am sorry to hear that. I know what you mean about doubting your decision but on the bright side you still have a healthy emby on board and I hope you get great news when you POAS on Sunday!

Thanks Jellyblush and JoF for your kind comments about my 5 eggs retrieved :) I got an update yesterday that of those 5 only 3 were mature and 2 of those 3 have fertilized. If they continue to grow then I'll transfer them tomorrow.

All the best for the next few days Jellyblush, I know you can do it!

#15 Ksout

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:17 PM

Good luck Shally & Jelly that your embies continue to grow up til transfer. Everything crossed for you.

Jelly we definitely want answers at this point.

So the appointment with the doc yesterday went really well. He listened to my concerns going into this FET as it will be our last shot. He fully agreed with me that even though the jury is still out on NK cells with failed implantation that it can't hurt to test for it anyway and either rule it out or rule it in and treat me for it for transfer. So I'm booked in next wednesday for a uterine biopsy. I'll be doing a medicated cycle with trigger shot of menopur and ovidrel. Due to my poor response on 150 menopur for our last cycle and really only getting 1 follie he's put me on the same dose for the FET. I'll pick up the meds when I go into the clinic next week for the biopsy.

We'll also be using embryo glue just for that extra little bit of help.

He's throwing the kitchen sink at it, in his words haha.

#16 Shally268

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:34 AM

So, I got to the hospital this morning and just as I took a seat at the front desk to fill out the paperwork I got a call from the clinic: my last remaining embryo had stopped growing overnight. So we went back empty handed. Ah well, it wasn't meant to be. I'll be keeping away from this board and TTC things for a while to recover but good luck to all those still in the game.

#17 Jelly Bee

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:41 AM

Sorry to hear that Shally. Enjoy a Christmas break full of lots of yummy drinks and soft cheeses.

#18 furbaby

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

Sorry Shally, that happened me on my second stim I found it more upsetting than a BFN, you don't even get the chance to try after all the stims and everything.

Take care of yourself.

#19 Ksout

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

I'm so sorry Shally :( Sending hugs your way. Be kind to yourself xx.

#20 Shally268

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

View Postfurbaby, on 08 December 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

Sorry Shally, that happened me on my second stim I found it more upsetting than a BFN, you don't even get the chance to try after all the stims and everything.

Take care of yourself.

Thanks furbaby. May I ask, what did you do differently on your third IVF cycle? I see from your signature that you got 9 blastocysts from that (while the second cycle had none at day 5).

Thanks Ksout

#21 furbaby

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:20 PM

Hey Shally,

We switched FS as the previous one was too conservative with doses. Changed from menopur/gonal-f mix to all gonal-f and added luveris for quality.

Actually ended up with 11 blasts but we had them tested and two were discarded with chromosome abnormalities. So ya that cycle was much better ;)

Hopefully your next cycle you get much better results just make sure your FS is willing to look into discussing next options to improve your chances :)

#22 Jo.F

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:33 PM

Shally I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself. Sending you massive hugs xxx

#23 Jelly Bee

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

Could I please ask those who have used pessaries a question? I am experiencing very scary emotional side effects .... i seem to have white hot rage one minute and be crying the next, also have anxious feelings in my chest. A little like PMS but about200x stronger?

It's to the point that I'm worrying about my mental health and want to know is this just the pessaries, and should I ask to reduce my dose? I'm on 3 x per day

#24 furbaby

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

Wow that doesn't sound good. Sorry Jelly I never had side effects but that doesn't sound good. I'd ring your nurses or FS first thing in the morning.

I was never on more than two though.  Best of luck!!

#25 1lexi1

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:51 PM

Hi Jellyblush - I'm usually on the PGD board but saw your post. I've had four transfers, each with pessaries but only one a day. I found the side effects pretty yucky - massive boobs, emotional, bloated, super sensitive feelings etc I did three months in a row earlier in the year so it was hard slog!

I can only imagine what I'd be like on three pessaries a day - you poor thing! Have a chat with the nurses, I'm sure they'll have some advice. Make sure you have lots of water. Hopefully they do the trick though...good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.