Castor oil to grow eyebrows/eyelashes back - post cancer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MummyHILI

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:31 PM

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has used 100% pure castor oil to help regrow their eyelashes and eyebrows post chemo?
If so did it work?
Is it safe to put this product so close to your eyes?
Any other thoughts/opinions?

Thanks.

#2 MummyHILI

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:24 PM

Just bumping my own thread.

#3 piggyinthemiddle

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:05 AM

Hi
Sorry I can't help with advice about the castor oil, but just to reassure you, mine seemed to grow back so quickly it never occurred to me that I needed an accelerant. Best of luck though.

#4 Anon wife

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

Hi, I've been wondering how you are MH...hope you're ok!
My experience is pretty limited, but i would say any product you massage over the area will hopefully increase blood supply which feeds hair growth.  So I imagine you could use any massage medium, coconut oil would be good.  However I definitely would not put any product near your eyelids/lashes as it will irritate your eyes.
In the mean time have you tried a good brow pencil/powder for the eyebrows?

#5 MummyHILI

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for your replies.
Good to know that your lashes/brows grew back quickly piggyinthemiddle. I know having them grow back is fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of things but I am really ready to move forward and start a new normal :-)
I am excellent, in fact better than excellent thanks littleboysrock, I very recently had my bilateral mastectomy and the commencement of my reconstruction.  I have just found out in the past days that all the tissue removed had no cancer remaining, so the chemo worked brilliantly for me. It's such a relief and whilst still recovering I am ready to move forward.
Thanks for checking in on how I am, it means a lot :-)

Edited by MummyHILI, 15 December 2016 - 03:26 PM.

#6 Hattie

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

Hi,
I didn't use castor oil as my lashes and brows grew back fairly quickly after chemo (and in fact my brows never fell out entirely!). However the hair on my head was very thin when it grew back, and I used Redken Cerafill products for that, which worked really well.

Glad to hear you are going so well. I am four years in remission.

Cheers,
Julie

#7 Lady Gray

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

That's such wonderful news, I tried the castor oil thing for a few months and didn't notice a difference in my lashes or brows.

#8 Snorkmaiden

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:26 PM

That's great news on your results MummyHILI. Congratulations.

I didn't do anything with my eyebrows and eyelashes as they also grew back quite quickly, but I don't think they're as thick or long as they were. Nothing some cosmetics can't fix though - when I can be bothered!

The hair on my head is another story.... its so much thicker than it was before chemo. It's gone from dead straight to wavy and frizzy. I'm working my way through every product on the market to tame it while it grows out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.