• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 MoonMama

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:08 PM

Hi,
Just recently got our BFP!
This is baby #2 for us.
Have DS who is 2.
I estimated from LMP that due date is 27th Aug but DS was induced at 10 days over so thinking maybe this will be a September baby if I have a similar experience.
Loved my D.I.G for DS they are an amazing bunch of really supportive ladies who made my transition to parenthood even more amazing. :)

#2 loulou1985

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:03 PM

Oh yay thanks for starting this group! Got my bfp on Sunday and edd is 21st August.this is number 1 and have no idea what to expect. I'm still trying not to be excited because I'm worried I'll mc.. I've been getting a lot of lower abdo heaviness and occasional cramps. Still deciding whether to tell my family at Christmas..too early do you think?

#3 smileysobro

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:44 AM

Hi guys! Got my BFP yesterday, was pretty shocked as I have had a crazy few cycles since coming off the pill. Loulou1985 I am in the same boat, number 1 for me too. Have a doctors app next week, no idea what to expect! I have had a couple of cramps on and off but other than that no symptoms 😊

#4 fever head

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:03 AM

Hello everyone! I got my BFP a week ago, could be between 6/7 weeks with an EDD of 2/8/17 but have a dating scan booked in for Tuesday. We have been TTC since August last year, so it doesn't seem real yet, but this will hopefully be baby #2 for us (I have a 2 y/o DD). Symptoms so far have been twinges in the abdomen, constipation, and a general 'off' feeling. Today I woke up feeling a bit nauseous and smells are suddenly much stronger. Last time around I struggled with Hyperemesis Gravidarum the whole way through from around 7/8 weeks onwards - really hoping it doesn't happen this time as it's really debilitating.

My previous DIG is still going strong, I'm pretty sure it's the same one as MoonMama. It was and still is such a huge source of help, love and support, so hopefully we can make this one great too!

Loulou1985 - I've only told DP, my parents and brother. Oh and my SIL who works at my GP's office. Everyone else can wait until after the 12 week scan. It's hard to hide though, especially during the silly season when everyone else is drinking.

Edited by fever head, 17 December 2016 - 03:40 PM.

#5 ma.wright91

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:34 AM

Hi Ladies!!

I got my BFP on November 29 (after a BFN on the 28th!!). My EDD is 9/8/17 & this is our first baby.
My hubby is very nervous & wants to keep its a secret until after 12 weeks (7 weeks wednesday). I have a dating scan on Tuesday also.

Hubby & I are very logical people & he very nervous regarding the stats around pregnancy & likelihood it will stick. His sister has had 2 MCs so far, the first ectopic.
He also works Fly-In Fly-Out, so he's on the other side of the country for 4 weeks & home 1 week between rosters.

Killing me keeping it quiet!! I have told my OHS officer at work because I work in construction, however he is not concerned at this point, maybe later it will be more of a risk.

Pretty much since the time of conception I have had super sore boobs - they went up a cup size in 3 weeks - & I have really struggled with sleep, every day I get tired at 2.30pm & can barely keep my eyes open at my desk.
The last 2 weeks i have started to develop nausea, but only when travelling in cars! I don't think I've had motion sickness sick I was a small child.

I've really been looking forward to getting this DIG opened since I found out! I've been looking for people I can talk to about it all since I'm still pretending I'm not pregnant in the real world!!

#6 loulou1985

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:59 AM

I went to the gp the other day and not a lot happened. Got some forms for ultrasounds later on but because I was so clear on dates don't need a dating us.. Still getting cramping..more on right side..Hope it's not an ectopic.feeling a bit off today and have not been able to sleep

#7 ma.wright91

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:19 AM

I'm pretty certain about my dates too. Hubby left for work the day I expected to ovulate. However I did not get a peak fertility reading on my OPKs at all so I didn't expect a positive result this time. I am looking forward to seeing something.
I did the pathology tests & my doctor (who is an hour away closer to my hometown) has referred me to another GP/OB in my current location. I'll be meeting him in the New Year

#8 fever head

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

View Postloulou1985, on 18 December 2016 - 08:59 AM, said:

I went to the gp the other day and not a lot happened. Got some forms for ultrasounds later on but because I was so clear on dates don't need a dating us.. Still getting cramping..more on right side..Hope it's not an ectopic.feeling a bit off today and have not been able to sleep

Fingers crossed that everything is ok.

I need a dating scan because my cycles aren't always regular and I still haven't been able to pinpoint O time. In fact, I was so taken aback when the BFP came up, due to the fact I thought I wasn't ovulating at all (went through packs of Clearblue trying to work that one out!). Last time around I had the same problem with dates - rocked up to what I thought was the 12 week nuchal, only to be told that I was only 9 weeks along!

#9 MoonMama

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

@loulou1985 - I hope everything is ok. It's so scary this early on because it's hard not to think of the possibilities but I'm sure you'll feel better once you get your 8 week scan. X

@fever head - Hiya Pal! Yay D.I.G buddies again!! Hopefully I stay in August one. :)

I get blood tests tomorrow and have 8 week scan booked for Jan.
So excited. Time already feels like it's going so slowly!
And I thought the 2WW was long haha.

#10 loulou1985

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:01 AM

Yea hope it's ok. Gp said I don't need a scan till 11 weeks though.. A long way to wait!

#11 ma.wright91

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:39 AM

@moonmama - agree! It's like time has suddenly stopped! The rest of the year just flown by.

@loulou1985 - waiting another month for a scan would probably kill me haha.. even the 2 weeks between my BFP & my doctors appt dragged on.

#12 Linda6

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

Hi, got my BFP last week. This is baby number 4 for us and the last one too. We're really excited.

Filled out the hospital registration form last night - because of my age the hospital like to see me earlier, and my doctor moved clinics so easier than getting all my information sent to him and going through him first.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all

#13 urbanlenny

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

Hi everyone, this will be #3 for me! EDD is around the 17-19 of Aug, depending on whether or not I had a 28 or 30 day cycle. Bloods confirm I am just over 5 weeks.

Have had bloods all done, got an ultrasound referral for a dating scan at 8 weeks.

Still BF My 19 month old, have vomited the last three days.

Still really close with my sons DIG, which is lovely.

Looking forward to going through our pregnancies together :)

#14 AshloBeans

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:48 PM

Hey ladies! First time on EB for me.
Got my BFP a few days ago and EDD ~21/8
Baby number 2 for us.  We also have a one year old!
Looking forward to meeting you all.

#15 fever head

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:21 PM

View PostMoonMama, on 18 December 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

@fever head - Hiya Pal! Yay D.I.G buddies again!! Hopefully I stay in August one. Posted Image

Well, to be technical, it's a 'Due in' group so I reckon you'll have to stay with us August girls! ;)

Welcome everyone! :)

#16 Hazel87

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

Hi ladies. I got my BFP yesterday, EDD 27/08. It's baby #1 for us so pretty excited. I've already had a couple of friends get a bit suspicious after I wasn't drinking last night. Going to organise bloods and a dating scan next week.

#17 Snuggletime

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:53 PM

Hi ladies, so glad to finally see this group.
I got my BFP about 3 weeks ago and EDD is 2/8
This is first bubs for me and DP and we went through IVF after no luck TTC.
We had our first scan on Friday and dated 7w2d with a heartbeat of 142 BPM. And we have another scan for 4/1 which will be 10w.
So far been a bit nauseous and super sore boobs and mostly the fatigue but I have also noticed it comes and goes so trying not to stress to much about it.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

#18 nannyat42!:0

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:45 PM

Oh yay glad this group is open now!!

Little different but I'm going to be a nana! My 19yo daughter is due 6/8 with her first (surprise) baby!! Thought I might read along and check in as I'll be a major support for her. She had a Skype interview with a midwife last weekend and is booked for a home birth!! So excited!!

She's so sick though! Trying to get her through it without missing work! She's seeing an acupuncturist to try and reduce the symptoms! Has helped a little so far.

Edited by nannyat42!:0, 18 December 2016 - 08:47 PM.

#19 loulou1985

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

Ugh first episode of nausea today set off by a car ride.. Still getting lots of cramping and keep expecting blood but none as yet..fx it's all ok..don't think I'll spill the beans at Christmas cause want to see a scan first.

#20 Selinarra

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:38 AM

Hi Everyone!!!
So happy to see this group finally open. I am due 13th August, making me 6 weeks today. This will be baby number 2, I already have a 2 year old. I have my first OB appointment and scan next week.
Looking forward to getting to know you all!

#21 LeishL86

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:06 AM

Hi ladies my name is aleisha and I am from the Gold Coast I got my BFP last week I think going off my dates I am due 23rd august I have a 15month old son so this is our second Bub. Very excited for the next one ...😊😊 I used this forum setting when pregnant with my previous Bub and was such a great support

#22 fever head

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:02 AM

Eeeek...the ultrasound place had a cancellation today, so I'm going in this morning with my daughter. So nervous! I even did another pee test just to reassure myself that I'm actually pregnant.

#23 urbanlenny

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

View Postfever head, on 19 December 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

Eeeek...the ultrasound place had a cancellation today, so I'm going in this morning with my daughter. So nervous! I even did another pee test just to reassure myself that I'm actually pregnant.

I think I've done six or seven tests since my first BFP because I like that reassurance!

#24 Snuggletime

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

Perfect fever head, the waiting is the worst so you have skipped the line :)

#25 loulou1985

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

Oooh exciting fever head. Good luck! I've managed to resist the sticks for a few days but taking them on holiday with me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.