Due Date & a little intro.

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#26 fever head

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

Well, unfortunately we could only see the sac today. The good news is that everything looks as it should, it's just too early. So this puts me back to around 4/4.5 weeks, and I'll have to have another scan in a couple of weeks.

Not entirely unexpected, as this also happened with DD last time. My dates can't be relied upon anyway and my cycles aren't regular and haven't been able to track ovulation. At least now I know why HG hasn't reared it's ugly head yet, haha.

#27 AshloBeans

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:27 AM

I also can't stop peeing on sticks.  My US is not til after Christmas, seems like too log to wait.

Edited by AshloBeans, 19 December 2016 - 11:27 AM.

#28 LittleLoves3

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:36 PM

Hi all!

Congratulations to everyone!! So exciting.

EDD 16th August, have a scan on Friday - I am nervous and just hopeful things look as they should. I think I am pretty much right on dates so should be 6 weeks on Wednesday.

This will be #3 for us, we have 2 little girls.

I am also guilty of peeing on sticks - just to make sure it still says :BFP:

Looking forward to having you all to chat to :)

x

#29 MoonMama

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:29 AM

@fever head - We will be so close in DD then! Think I'm 4w2d today! I have been POAS every day since I got BFP just like to see the line get darker for my own peace of mind.

Got my blood results back today HCG was 91 at 3w4d (when blood test was done).

Feeling so excited and I know it's soooo early but I have done some sneaky shopping already :secret:.

#30 fever head

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

I'm going to try and POAS each week now. I know the sac is there but I need to see the embryo for it to be real. Waiting until 11 Jan now for my next GP appt is going to be hard!

re: HCG levels, mine came back at 3300 (two Fridays ago). Given that I'm not as far along as I thought, it seems a bit too high for normal.

#31 loulou1985

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:32 PM

I'm getting horrible nausea esp in the car.. Hoping it doesn't get too much worse or I won't be able to hide it..

#32 Snuggletime

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

View Postfever head, on 20 December 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

I'm going to try and POAS each week now. I know the sac is there but I need to see the embryo for it to be real. Waiting until 11 Jan now for my next GP appt is going to be hard!

re: HCG levels, mine came back at 3300 (two Fridays ago). Given that I'm not as far along as I thought, it seems a bit too high for normal.

Mine was 3086 at 4w6d that was about 3 weeks ago.
How come you have to wait till 11/1 would be nice if they could get you in sooner but I suppose everything shuts over chrissy.

Loulou, I feel like I have had a hangover for about 3 weeks now give or take a good day in between. I've noticed it's worse in the afternoon which puts me off dinner so poor DP has been fending for himself.

#33 loulou1985

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Actually a hangover is the best way to describe it. Haven't vomited just really sensitive to movement and feel 'seedy'

#34 fever head

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

View PostSnuggletime, on 20 December 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

Mine was 3086 at 4w6d that was about 3 weeks ago.
How come you have to wait till 11/1 would be nice if they could get you in sooner but I suppose everything shuts over chrissy.

Oh ok, that makes me feel better - was starting to worry about a molar pregnancy. I am so paranoid about things right now, haha.
The appointment was made prior to the ultrasound, my GP is away until then unfortunately.

View Postloulou1985, on 20 December 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

Actually a hangover is the best way to describe it. Haven't vomited just really sensitive to movement and feel 'seedy'

Yuck, you poor thing! I had to avoid a lot of people for a while last time, and still got the "you're pregnant!!!" comments when I didn't turn up to a few get togethers.

Edited by fever head, 20 December 2016 - 05:39 PM.

#35 loulou1985

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

Only 5 weeks..this has to only get worse I feel..

#36 ma.wright91

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:43 PM

View Postloulou1985, on 20 December 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

I'm getting horrible nausea esp in the car.. Hoping it doesn't get too much worse or I won't be able to hide it..

I'm having the same issue loulou1985! I drive an hour each way to work & feel terrible. I've actually started getting nausea most of the day now too :/

#37 ma.wright91

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:47 PM

I had a dating scan today. The little heart was pumping away at 149bpm & they measured it at 6w3d, about 3d less than I had estimated. My new EDD is 12/8.

I'm looking forward to a more advanced scan, when it's possible to see a baby rather than a smudge! Haha

#38 MessyMumBun

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:56 PM

Hi ladies! I will join in too. I'm about 5.5 weeks and due around 18/8.
This is my second pregnancy and I have a two year old daughter. Very exciting times for us all! Congratulations all round :)

#39 LeishL86

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:32 PM

Five weeks today here and had my blood test this morning. Symptoms are tiredness and sore swollen breasts otherwise all well ATM. I am pretty certain on dates might go see my dr for a scan referral on Friday. Anyone else so much more relaxed for the second or subsequent Bub ? I'm so much more at ease

#40 fritzkitz

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

Hi ladies, 6+2 today, due August 14. This will be our first. Anxious and excited all at once!

Got first bloods back today and everything is all good so far. Having a dating scan next week.

#41 MoonMama

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:30 AM

Hi Ladies,

@fever head (we share a current D.I.G) has asked me to post on her behalf.
On Tuesday night she started experiencing some bleeding, she went to the hospital, but they couldn't tell her much at the time and she has since had some blood tests to check HCG and is awaiting results.
Very scary for her and the not knowing must be taking its toll. :(
Can we all send her some love and positive thoughts because I can't even imagine how terrified she must feel.
I am hoping so hard that all will be ok and that the results will be good news. Xx

#42 Snuggletime

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:20 PM

Oh no, thanks for the update moon mama, keeping everything crossed it's all ok, and she gets some good news soon.

#43 AshloBeans

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:21 PM

How scary.  Hope everything is ok. :(

#44 urbanlenny

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for the update moon mama. I hope feverhead is ok.

#45 loulou1985

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

Hope everything is all good..Unfortunately, this early on all that can be done is to have serial hcgs. If there is any concern for an ectopic an ultrasound will be done urgently but if not it will usually be organised at the time of the 48 hour hcg.

#46 fritzkitz

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:08 PM

Fingers crossed everything is ok. X

#47 zenah18

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:38 AM

Hello ladies. My pregnant with baby number two. My daughter will be 6 when this bub arrives. I thought my due date is 17/08/17 however ultrasound confirmed it's 22/08/17. Im so nervous, I keep thinking negative thoughts as it took us so long to conceive.
I hope everything is ok with fever head :-(

#48 Linda6

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

View PostMoonMama, on 22 December 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

Hi Ladies,

@fever head (we share a current D.I.G) has asked me to post on her behalf.
On Tuesday night she started experiencing some bleeding, she went to the hospital, but they couldn't tell her much at the time and she has since had some blood tests to check HCG and is awaiting results.
Very scary for her and the not knowing must be taking its toll. :(
Can we all send her some love and positive thoughts because I can't even imagine how terrified she must feel.
I am hoping so hard that all will be ok and that the results will be good news. Xx
What happened with fever head?

#49 MoonMama

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

@Linda6
Sadly her HCG kept dropping with consecutive blood tests and the outcome wasn't good. :(
So devastated for her.
She was TTC for a long time and is as you imagine very heartbroken. Hopefully some good in her very near future!

#50 Linda6

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

View PostMoonMama, on 04 January 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

@Linda6
Sadly her HCG kept dropping with consecutive blood tests and the outcome wasn't good. Posted Image
So devastated for her.
She was TTC for a long time and is as you imagine very heartbroken. Hopefully some good in her very near future!

I'm so sorry to hear that for her. Hopefully she gets some good in her future soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.