Due In August 2017 Chat Thread

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#26 fritzkitz

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:17 PM

I've only been a bit queasy here and there, not much at all. My mum said she never had any MS with any of her pregnancies so maybe I'm the same. Not sure if it would have started by now if I was going to get it. 7 weeks today, my scan's on Wednesday.

#27 fritzkitz

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

Had my scan this afternoon. They only put me at 6+2 not 7+2, going by when we BD'd I think I must have ovulated quite late.

They couldn't see much through US so I had the internal, we saw the heartbeat which was such a relief! I don't know the rate but he said it was normal. I should really be asking more questions!

#28 ma.wright91

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

View Postfritzkitz, on 28 December 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Had my scan this afternoon. They only put me at 6+2 not 7+2, going by when we BD'd I think I must have ovulated quite late.

They couldn't see much through US so I had the internal, we saw the heartbeat which was such a relief! I don't know the rate but he said it was normal. I should really be asking more questions!

I had a dating scan just over a week ago they estimated 6+3 when I assumed I was 6+6. It's pretty close, but the conception dates are pretty tight since I never got a peak in ovulation & my hubby left for work the day before expected ovulation on a 27d cycle. Given all there was on the screen was a smudge with a heartbeat & the tech got a couple different measurements, then told me it's accurate within 5 days, I'm inclined to stick with the EDD based on my last cycle

#29 Snuggletime

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

Glad the scans went well ladies, fritzkitz - I probably need to ask less questions lol.. worry myself with information!
9w today and have my next scan a week from now, I can't wait.
Have been a bit more relaxed this last week or so I think but as the scan approaches will probably start to get a little anxious again.
Feel nauseous morning and night but middle of the day is ok so I make the most of it.
Hope everyone is traveling well?

#30 LeishL86

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

Hope you all had a great festive time with your families. I am 6 weeks today and have the referral for the dating scan from my dr. I was going to wait another two weeks as I had the internal exam last Bub and found it very unpleasant . Not in a major rush this time round happy to go with the flow ... had some morning sickness today that's a first ! Never had that with my boy.

#31 AshloBeans

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:22 AM

Hey! Looks like I'm out, I was admitted overnight with a likely ectopic. Good luck ladies.

#32 Snuggletime

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:00 AM

Sorry to hear ashlobeans. Take care of you :(

#33 fritzkitz

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

So sorry Ashlobeans, take care x

#34 ma.wright91

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:16 PM

Oh no 🙁Be safe, hopefully you get the best possible outcome

#35 MoonMama

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

I'm so sorry AshloBeans :(
Heartbreaking news.
Look after yourself. X

#36 urbanlenny

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:41 PM

View Postma.wright91, on 28 December 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

I had a dating scan just over a week ago they estimated 6+3 when I assumed I was 6+6. It's pretty close, but the conception dates are pretty tight since I never got a peak in ovulation & my hubby left for work the day before expected ovulation on a 27d cycle. Given all there was on the screen was a smudge with a heartbeat & the tech got a couple different measurements, then told me it's accurate within 5 days, I'm inclined to stick with the EDD based on my last cycle

I had my dating scan today and they put me three days behind my EDD, but I am also sticking to mine as i know when I O'd and the test isn't perfectly accurate until 8 - 9 weeks.

#37 urbanlenny

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:42 PM

I'm so sorry Ashlobeans.

#38 LeishL86

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:07 PM

So sorry ashlobeans thoughts with yo at this time

#39 ~A2~

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:21 PM

Ashlobeans - Sorry to read your news and I hope to see you in another DIG in the future.   Take care of yourself x

#40 ma.wright91

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

Happy New Year!
I've started off the year well, my nausea has progressed to vomiting (yay?). I didn't expect to spend New Year's Day with my head in the toilet this year haha
How is everyone else going?

#41 Snuggletime

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

You poor thing ma.wright- thankfully mine is still just nausea at 9+4 here's hoping it stays that way..
very low key New Years for us which I kind of enjoyed!
Nothing new here - looking forward to 10w scan on Wednesday :)

#42 LeishL86

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

Hey ladies low key New Years here too.. our toddler made sure of that too in bed by 9.30pm. I have been very tired this time round and feel sick when I eat no vomiting just feel off. We live on the Gold Coast and it's so hot today the aircon has been on since I woke up .

Is anyone else having a dating scan ? I am just haven't yet was thinking between 7-8 weeks .?

#43 Snuggletime

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:35 PM

I went through IVF and had dating scan at 7w2d with FS but I think around 7-8 is very normal if you want it.
I guess also reassuring/exciting to see a HB as well :)
Sydney isn't much better has been hitting around 40's but cooler today thank gosh.

#44 urbanlenny

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

I had my dating scan too early. Before 8 weeks the measurement isn't as accurate :( we got to see the heartbeat at least. My MS is up and down each day, but I tend to vomit at least once a day.

I was in bed by 9:30 last night, too. Some ding dong set off fireworks at 11pm and freaked my dog out.

#45 urbanlenny

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:52 PM

View PostLeishL86, on 01 January 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

Hey ladies low key New Years here too.. our toddler made sure of that too in bed by 9.30pm. I have been very tired this time round and feel sick when I eat no vomiting just feel off. We live on the Gold Coast and it's so hot today the aircon has been on since I woke up .

Is anyone else having a dating scan ? I am just haven't yet was thinking between 7-8 weeks .?

I have been ridiculously tired this time. We wake up at 5am and I have been having a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day, then bed time by 9pm. Worried about going back to work in the week and how I will cope.

#46 Linda6

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:04 AM

First trimester exhaustion is not fun. Throw in a teething toddler and it's hard. Glad i am just going to extend my leave this time so i don't have to worry about work.
Travel is a killer for me. With my 3rd i had to ring my hubby while i was driving to work so i would stay awake (1.5 to 2 hour trip each way).
No dating scan this time for me. I've booked straight into the hospital. Ibhave to see them before 13 weeks vecaise of my age so it's easier this way. Have my appointment on the 12th

#47 ma.wright91

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

I had to go shopping today to start cooking our bonbonneries for our wedding reception in 2 weeks time (I was meant to do it yesterday, but the 'hangover' wouldn't go away!). So i started my shopping trip at chemist warehouse & stocked up on travel sick bags & elevit MS tablets - hell they made a difference. I still felt slightly seedy, but I was capable of getting out & about!

#48 nattles88

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

Just wanted to quickly join in while I have a moment. When I got my BFP almost 4 weeks ago there was no group and I forgot to check back. This is bub number 4 for us and our first unplanned. I am totally freaking out and unsure why. Have had severe anxiety since I found out, to the point my doctor asked if I thought about terminating as I couldn't function for 3 weeks. I am feeling better now though and slightly more on top of the anxiety so hoping I will get through this first trimester!! I am due around 14th I think but won't know until I have a scan due to irregular periods.
Hope everyone is going well!!

#49 urbanlenny

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

Welcome Nattles88!

#50 urbanlenny

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:18 PM

View Postnattles88, on 03 January 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Just wanted to quickly join in while I have a moment. When I got my BFP almost 4 weeks ago there was no group and I forgot to check back. This is bub number 4 for us and our first unplanned. I am totally freaking out and unsure why. Have had severe anxiety since I found out, to the point my doctor asked if I thought about terminating as I couldn't function for 3 weeks. I am feeling better now though and slightly more on top of the anxiety so hoping I will get through this first trimester!! I am due around 14th I think but won't know until I have a scan due to irregular periods.
Hope everyone is going well!!

Even though this one is planned, I have been freaking out, too. I have GAD and at the beginning of all my pregnancies my anxiety goes mental. do you have any grounding techniques or guided meditation? I find these things can really help, especially when I am having a full blown panic attack.

If you ever need to vent, I am always around :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.