Due In August 2017 Chat Thread

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#51 ma.wright91

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:44 AM

Hi nattles88!
It's great news, even if it is a surprise. As it becomes less of a shock, hopefully the anxiety dies down. This is baby #4. You got this 😊

#52 Cakenfasten

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:15 AM

Hi all,  

Hope it's ok to post here. I've recently got my BFP and my EDD will be early Sept but if this Bub is anything like the first, it will come in August.

#53 MrsH83

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the long post.
I'm new to baby forums, 33 years old first time pregnant. Approximately 6 weeks according to my calculations with due date 29th August. Doctor wanted me to get a second HCG test yesterday, so will get those results tomorrow morning as the HCG level was more like 4 weeks, I was about 5 when I did the test.
Recently married and were trying to conceive so we were absolutely delighted on the morning of Christmas eve to get a positive HPT. The look on my husbands face was absolutely priceless when I woke him up at 7:30am waving a pregnancy test at him saying omg look. We really weren't expecting to be that lucky.
So far it has gone well, I had started getting the odd cramp prior to me knowing I was pregnant. The fatigue set in after Christmas and I've been lucky to not wake up with morning sickness, but that may still come. Sometimes feel a bit off, but haven't thrown up yet. Cramping has eased off though, it would only last for about 5-10 minutes, once or twice a day, then straight back to normal. Last night was terrible gas and wanting to burp hahah, I said to my husband, "I'm so sorry I'm such a pig haha, but it hurts I have to get it out". He loves me anyway. I was finding it difficult not to tell anyone, felt so alone as my Husband wasn't exactly knowing how my body felt, even though he was reading up in the book when I was getting cramps and reading bits out to me. I ended up telling my mum and grandma on Saturday and my best friend on Sunday night. We are telling my husbands parents tonight, but that's pretty much it until we have a scan, or until I can't hide my stomach. It's already sticking out further than it normally does, so I must be bloating, even though I'm drinking plenty of water, eating lots of healthy food too.

Has anyone had any issues with their eyes while being pregnant, my left eye has been bothering me, I thought it was just irritated, but there is nothing in it, feeling like the corner is getting stuck and is dry. I did some googling and it can be a pregnancy hormone issue. Will ask the doctor tomorrow morning, and then go see my optometrist.
Thanks for reading.

#54 ~A2~

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hi everyone

With regard to Facebook a group can be organised but it is not to be posted on the boards here AT ALL, all information needs to be via PM.

The groups need to be kept separate as some members wish only to post in one or the other.

Be aware also that any issues need to be kept off the boards as EB is moderated but FB is not.

Further discussion on this needs to be via PM only not here in the thread - references will be removed.

Further information can be found in the information and guidelines for this group.

Regards

Ali

#55 Snuggletime

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

Hiya ladies, had our 10w scan today.. Was amazing!
Measured perfectly (well a couple of days ahead but fine) HB was strong but the best part was the little legs and arms thrashing about. Was so emotional unsure how I didn't tear up probably to mesmerised by the screen.
The Dr said they often get little bursts of energy in there and we had good timing to see it.

#56 LeishL86

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

View PostSnuggletime, on 04 January 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Hiya ladies, had our 10w scan today.. Was amazing!
Measured perfectly (well a couple of days ahead but fine) HB was strong but the best part was the little legs and arms thrashing about. Was so emotional unsure how I didn't tear up probably to mesmerised by the screen.
The Dr said they often get little bursts of energy in there and we had good timing to see it.

Yay that's great I have booked in for a dating scan on Friday I will be 7 weeks and a bit lol. Hope all goes well

#57 MoonMama

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Have started a Facebook DIG ladies.
PM me if you want to join. :)

Edited by A2 to say:  Further discussion via PM only.  References on here will be deleted.

Edited by ~A2~, 16 January 2017 - 10:17 AM.

#58 Snuggletime

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

View PostLeishL86, on 04 January 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

Yay that's great I have booked in for a dating scan on Friday I will be 7 weeks and a bit lol. Hope all goes well

I'm sure it all will be, fingers crossed how exciting I bet u can't wait :)

#59 Cakenfasten

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

For anyone that got the full blood and urine work up  done by their GP, did you fast before the tests?

I can't remember whether I did or not with my first, because I went at 7am before work, so would have fasted whether intentional or not.

#60 Linda6

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:28 PM

View Postnattles88, on 03 January 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Just wanted to quickly join in while I have a moment. When I got my BFP almost 4 weeks ago there was no group and I forgot to check back. This is bub number 4 for us and our first unplanned. I am totally freaking out and unsure why. Have had severe anxiety since I found out, to the point my doctor asked if I thought about terminating as I couldn't function for 3 weeks. I am feeling better now though and slightly more on top of the anxiety so hoping I will get through this first trimester!! I am due around 14th I think but won't know until I have a scan due to irregular periods.
Hope everyone is going well!!

This is #4 for me too.

I can understand you feeling anxious since you found out if you weren't planning on another one. Four does add another dimension to your family, glad you are feeling better now.

#61 urbanlenny

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

View PostCakenfasten, on 04 January 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

For anyone that got the full blood and urine work up  done by their GP, did you fast before the tests?

I can't remember whether I did or not with my first, because I went at 7am before work, so would have fasted whether intentional or not.

I was told that I didn't have to fast, but one of the tests needs FMU so you have to bring that jar in the next day 🙂

#62 fritzkitz

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:33 AM

View PostCakenfasten, on 04 January 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

Hi Cakenfasten, welcome and congrats! I had to fast for the Blood Glucose test -checking for a pre-disposition to Gestational Diabetes.

-Snuggletime, your scan sounds amazing, how exciting!

I wish I had waited a bit longer for my dating scan. Been put back a week to only 6w kinda sucked, this first trimester seems to drag on forever! I'm booked in for my first midwives appt in a couple of weeks but I have no idea wether they'll do a scan or not. I wish I had some way of knowing if everything's ok in there, it drives me crazy!!

#63 KylieB82

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

Hi Everyone,

Another August baby to add to the group, with a due date at this stage that is the same as MrsH83 – 29th August.

So 6 weeks in and definitely feeling the changes. I have had lower back pain and nausea since around 4 weeks……boo! Christmas was definitely a challenge as we have decided to not tell anyone (including family) until after our first OB appointment which isn’t until the 27th January.

I went to my doctor on 22/12 and he ordered the blood and urine tests, but said that he’d just send the results straight through to the obstetrician, so no need to come back to him. But when I called the OB’s office to book in, they said they don’t normally see patients until 10 weeks, so booked me in for the 27/1. So it’s a long wait between information or results.

Hopefully though, we will get to do an in-office scan on the 27th and meet our little peanut! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly until then. We are both so excited, my partner keeps talking to my tummy and giving it little rubs and kisses. Apparently this week, our baby is the size of a chocolate chip….too cute.

#64 nattles88

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

Urbanlenny - I have been looking into meditation and even Reiki as I have some serious bad energy at the moment. I still have my days. I just feel bizarre when I look at my 3 and how much I absolutely love them and never pictured another.

Cakenfasten - I didn't fast for the round of bloods that test for your immunity levels. I didn't have FMU for the urine test either.

I am not getting a dating scan so not even sure yet what my definite due date is. Having to wait until 12 weeks sucks.

#65 MrsH83

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

View PostKylieB82, on 05 January 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Hi Everyone,

Another August baby to add to the group, with a due date at this stage that is the same as MrsH83 – 29th August.

So 6 weeks in and definitely feeling the changes. I have had lower back pain and nausea since around 4 weeks……boo! Christmas was definitely a challenge as we have decided to not tell anyone (including family) until after our first OB appointment which isn’t until the 27th January.

I went to my doctor on 22/12 and he ordered the blood and urine tests, but said that he’d just send the results straight through to the obstetrician, so no need to come back to him. But when I called the OB’s office to book in, they said they don’t normally see patients until 10 weeks, so booked me in for the 27/1. So it’s a long wait between information or results.

Hopefully though, we will get to do an in-office scan on the 27th and meet our little peanut! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly until then. We are both so excited, my partner keeps talking to my tummy and giving it little rubs and kisses. Apparently this week, our baby is the size of a chocolate chip….too cute.
So hard waiting isn't it?
I got my HCG results back this morning and they have gone from 1590 to 5880 so I felt much better after that. My doctor threw in a surprise breast check for me while she was at it this morning, dignity out the window now haha. I do feel more excited now I've had the second HCG test, but still playing it cool until after our first scan. Which they won't organise until after my first appointment. I've got all my test results to take with me though, so it was nice to have those. Told my husbands parents last night, so they were very happy for us. Just had to make sure his mum keeps it to herself haha.

#66 jessij

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:29 AM

Hi all,

I've read through all of this forum and want to congratulate you all on your pregnancies and sorry to those who have experienced loss. I wish you all the best in the future.

I guess I am a little bit in the situation as nattles88 in that this is an unexpected pregnancy. A contraception fail to be exact!

I think at the moment I am still getting over the shock of being pregnant and it is all taking a little while to sink in. I feel pretty anxious this time as I am an older mum...at 39, so I am feeling pretty worried about all the things that can go wrong. I have two boys already 5 and 2 and both those pregnancies were very healthy. I am in pretty good shape...no major health issues, so I am trying to stay positive, though yeah, I am still nervous.

My first hcg test was pretty high...at 4 weeks 6 days I had 7680. The dr said I was 6-7 weeks along and I said I wasn't so she wanted me to get a dating scan. I thought maybe it was twins as I had pain on left side which was followed a week later with pain on the right side. Also I am looking big...though I've heard, that can happen with 3rd pregnancy. The first scan (six weeks 1 day) showed only one baby though and the dates were correct with what I knew they would be. The scan did show that I had a cyst on both ovaries and a cyst in the pouch of douglas. Also the radiograhper was a bit unsure of which ovary the corpus luteum was on...which was odd to me. I never had that happen before. It has left me concerned as the dr didn't really say much about it other than we won't do anything invasive while you're pregnant. She is not my regular dr and a replacement and I felt she was a bit vague with everything. I feel worried that maybe I have a second ectopic pregnancy and that the cyst in the pouch of douglas is a sac not a cyst. I don't know, I just can hardly find any information about it other than endometriosis which I'm pretty sure I don't have. I do get intermittent pain but it's always pretty fleeting so hopefully doesn't mean anything. I admit I am a bit of a worry wart at the best of times, so maybe I am just letting myself worry needlessly. Anyway, if anyone has had similar experiences I'm happy to hear your advice. Thanks for listening.

#67 alikau

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Hi ladies!

Congrats to everyone on their pregnancies!

I'm due on 7 August, so about 9.5 weeks at the moment. I have a 3.5 year old and very blessed with this pregnancy after a long road to get here.

But here I am, feeling revolting (yay!), I've had a dating scan at 7 weeks, and a few days ago had a quick scan at my first obstetrician appointment. Got a beautiful little heartbeat at both scans.

Next week I've got the DS blood test and then my 13 week scan is booked for the end of Jan. Can't wait for that one, it's been really hard hiding it through Christmas and New Year with all the parties (lots of fake drinking) and antipasto platters!

#68 nattles88

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

jessij - When is your regular doctor back? I am also a worrier and just actually had a break down thinking of all the things that could go wrong. The more kids I have had, the less of my mind is still in tact lol. Here if you ever wany to chat, ramble or whatever x

#69 mocha444

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:07 AM

Hi everyone,
Just I introducing myself. I'm due roughly 22nd August so about 7.5 weeks along now. First pregnancy and very excited!

#70 Ringarosy

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:48 AM

Hi all, introducing myself
I'm due August the 6th so 10 and a half weeks.. This is no.3. I have terrible hypemesis gravidium so sick all day everyday. I've had a few stays at the hospital but now really trying to manage at home with zofran and restavit. Having to eat regularly is hard but better that that more vomiting from being hungry. My diet is terrible!! This poor baby!
Looking forward to learning more about you all.

#71 urbanlenny

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:16 AM

Hi Lozypops!

Welcome to the group. Totally feeling you with the HG. I am so miserable all the time, I finally got some meds for the vomiting but I am still hesitant to take them. I'm living on nibbles of things. I made a salad last night and now I can't open the fridge because the onion smell is feral.  😂 Also #3, a friend of mine told me that she struggled the most with her third pregnancy, wonder if it's a common thing?

#72 jessij

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:26 PM

Hi again everyone,

Nattles88 to be honest since I moved to the country, about two and a half years ago, I haven't really found a regular doctor so much. I did like a doctor I saw a couple times but she is currently away on maternity leave. It just seems with this country clinic that the drs are always doing some sort of rural requirement and then they just move on. Only a couple of the male drs are permanent that I know of, otherwise it's just whatever female dr you can get. I thought that maybe with the 3rd pregnancy I would be more relaxed but I just feel mostly anxious about my age. Also, just the surprise of being pregnant again when I really didn't expect to be...I don't know it just doesn't really feel real yet. I guess I am worried too how my sons are going to be with a baby in the family. they are close in age and get a long well (fight well too) but I worry that a third baby will upset the apple cart so to speak. Like break up their close relationship. I know this sounds all really negative and really I am sure there are a lot of positives that I'm not thinking about. Just going to take some adjustment to get used to the idea of having another baby. I have been worrying too about having the high hcg. I thought maybe there was a twin but after ultrasound at 6 week 1 day revealed only one baby I am worried now that maybe the baby has a genetic issue. I really have to stop Googling! I am planning to have a cvs so I am really hanging on till then to feel at ease.

Mocha44 I also have the same due date August 22nd! Both my boys came a couple days earlier so we'll see how this one turns out. I think I heard somewhere it's only about 5% of babies that actually are born on their due date.

For those of you who have bad MS or HG I totally understand. I had it really bad with my first two. The second pregnancy I had to use pretty strong medication as I was vomiting about 6-7 times a day!! And to make it worse it lasted all the way through till about 24 weeks. I ended up stopping the medication as it had terrible side effects. I have been dreading getting the morning sickness again but amazingly, I have only had bad nausea and no actual vomiting so far. It's hard to fathom really especially as my hcg numbers were so high. Just given me something else to worry about though...as I am wondering why I am not sick. As they say "your damned if you do and damned if you don't"...lol

#73 Lozlozloz

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

Sorry to hear there are others with bad ms and hg.
It's debilitating and just not nessasary! 3rd time around... I don't think I can do it again.

#74 Min1

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:51 PM

Hi everyone. Congratulations on your pregnancies! At this stage I'm due around 20th Aug.  # 2, very excited!

#75 jessij

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

Congrats Min1  

Is anyone going to find out gender? I didn't find out for either of my boys so will keep it a surprise again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.