Due In Sept 17 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
319 replies to this topic

#226 TheatricalLady

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

Hi everyone,  sorry,  I am not very good at the forum things.  Lol

All good here.  Had a bit of spotting yesterday morning.  But stopped after and hour and nothing since.  

Other updates,  still a little constipated (sorry for the tmi) but keeping up lots of water and that is helping.  No where near as bloated today as I have been,  but today I feel nauseous and have started to get some heartburn.  Little tip for heartburn... Fruit tingles!! They work wonders!!

Going to book in a dating scan for Friday or early next week,  when I will be past 8 weeks (so no confusion over a heart beat)

We have told our close family and friends.  I am one of those people who need to have people around for support if something goes wrong.  And my parents would kill me if I waited til 12 weeks to tell them.  But I totally understand those who wait to tell anyone.  

Hope everyone else is doing well.  I will try to keep up with the forum.

#227 TheatricalLady

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:16 AM

View PostDaffy2016, on 27 January 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Also just out of interest, with the usual 12 weeks scan and bloods, do they give you the result there or do you have to wait? They're taking bloods at 10 weeks so I assume they'll have them when I go to the scan? My parents are visiting the week after so we want to tell them in person ������

It will take a couple of days after the scan,  as they have to compare the scan with the results from the bloods.  It's not instant I'm afraid :(

#228 SugarGirl

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

Ksel86 im 10 weeks thursday xx.woo hoo

#229 Lefloof

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:17 PM

How do you get a Doppler and how much is it??

#230 Lefloof

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

I'm going to see my doctor this week to request a quick ultra sound before I get the Harmony test at the end of next week (I'll be 10+2 when I get it). Does that seem fair? I don't want to shell out over $400 for a test if it's not a viable pregnancy. Also will be nice to know things are ok, before going on an overseas trip (will have scan when I get back, leaving it a bit late, but too early when I leave).

#231 NoRest4TheWicked

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:18 PM

Sorry to put a downer on the group but just thought I'd give you an update.....I've still been spotting/clotting/light red bleeding since i got home from the hospital on Sunday afternoon so i rang the early pregnancy clinic who booked me in for bloods again this morning. Sooooo apparently I'm still pregnant....but HCG levels have only risen from 2720 late saturday night to 2964 early this morning :( when they should probably have doubled to over 5000...could be due to me spotting/bleeding or the fact that perhaps my levels were higher, i have miscarried and the levels are now dropping. Am going to get more bloods done on friday morning to check levels again. If all good and hcg has increased, I'm then booked in for an ultrasound on the 10th to check for a baby and heartbeat. So unfortunately it's a waiting game for me until then!!

Anyways, back to everbody else's exciting progress...... :)

#232 rettles

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

View PostNoRest4TheWicked, on 31 January 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

Sorry to put a downer on the group but just thought I'd give you an update.....I've still been spotting/clotting/light red bleeding since i got home from the hospital on Sunday afternoon so i rang the early pregnancy clinic who booked me in for bloods again this morning. Sooooo apparently I'm still pregnant....but HCG levels have only risen from 2720 late saturday night to 2964 early this morning :( when they should probably have doubled to over 5000...could be due to me spotting/bleeding or the fact that perhaps my levels were higher, i have miscarried and the levels are now dropping. Am going to get more bloods done on friday morning to check levels again. If all good and hcg has increased, I'm then booked in for an ultrasound on the 10th to check for a baby and heartbeat. So unfortunately it's a waiting game for me until then!!

Oh sweetness, I will cross everything for you in hopes that it turns out OK and it's just a blip.

My spotting appears to have stopped, I've gone 2 days with no spotting so I'm quietly relieved.

I haven't had any tests yet for HCG levels since my doctor is essentially playing a waiting game to see if I miscarry before 7 weeks (which is when I miscarried last time).

**hugs** again hun and I hope it's turns out ok for you.

xoxox

#233 rettles

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostLefloof, on 31 January 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

I'm going to see my doctor this week to request a quick ultra sound before I get the Harmony test at the end of next week (I'll be 10+2 when I get it). Does that seem fair? I don't want to shell out over $400 for a test if it's not a viable pregnancy. Also will be nice to know things are ok, before going on an overseas trip (will have scan when I get back, leaving it a bit late, but too early when I leave).

I think it's a good idea, but isn't the NT scans supposed to be done at 12 weeks due to the fact that the foetus is developed enough to see any potential problems?

I understand where you are coming from though - an overseas trip isn't always convenient when you get pregnant and timing is a pain.

#234 SugarGirl

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

View PostLefloof, on 31 January 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

How do you get a Doppler and how much is it??
Kogan.com and it was $35 i think!!

#235 SugarGirl

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostLefloof, on 31 January 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

I think asking for a scan or at least have them listen for a heaetbeat before getting the harmony test is a good idea.

#236 SugarGirl

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

Oh hunny... this is so sh*t!
Im sorry the start of your pregnancy is like this!
The waiting and hoping is the worst!
Friday cant come fast enough!
I'll be thinking of you!!

#237 Lefloof

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:13 PM

View Postrettles, on 31 January 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

I think it's a good idea, but isn't the NT scans supposed to be done at 12 weeks due to the fact that the foetus is developed enough to see any potential problems?

I understand where you are coming from though - an overseas trip isn't always convenient when you get pregnant and timing is a pain.

The Harmony test (blood test) can be done from 10 weeks, earlier then the scan can, I'm getting both. Harmony before the overseas holiday, NT scan after. Just want to make sure things are ok before I pay big dollars for the Harmony test! Which will likely cost more money to get an extra scan but worth it I think for the peace of mind.

Thinking of you NoRest, hope things work out ok!!

#238 Happylilcamper

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

Such a hard road. I've had a pregnancy similar to yours in the past. My Hcgs with my last baby (she's now 10m) doubled closer to 72-90 hours not 48.

Fingers crossed xx

#239 NoRest4TheWicked

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

Thank you for your support rettles, sugarbaby and lefloof :)

Rettles - good to hear your spotting has stopped! Can't believe you dr won`t test your hcg levels!

#240 rettles

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

View PostNoRest4TheWicked, on 31 January 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

Thank you for your support rettles, sugarbaby and lefloof :)

Rettles - good to hear your spotting has stopped! Can't believe you dr won`t test your hcg levels!

I'm seeing a different one tomorrow, I'll ask her what can be done :-)

I understand my doctor is worried for me, he's a good man. He's just being cautious and I think does not want me to get my hopes up. He's been my GP for 6 yrs and he wouldn't lead me astray if he can help it.

#241 kSel86

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:14 AM

*hugs*NoRest4theWicked i hope friday brings you good news. The waiting is the worst. Rest all you. An xxx
Rettles it good to hear your spotting has eased some. Good luck with your other doc appointment today. Your regular doctor sounds like a kind man.
Lefloof i think thats a good idea to do a quick scan or even use a doppler to check bub is all ok before the harmony testing. I might do the same, last yr we had a scan at 6+ weeks and bub was ok then i didnt find out we had lost bub untill almost 10 weeks and only because i insisted on a quick scan to check.
Afm i got blood results back and happy with 850+ for 4/5 weeks. I feel so behind everyone here. Will be having another test tomorrow.

#242 Em11y

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

Sorry if anyone is eating but I had my first spew on the way to work this morning!! 🤢 So embarrassing! Had to pull over and sit in the gutter! Bleh!!

My thoughts are with all the ladies experiencing difficulties! In my first preg I switched between gushes of bleeding and spotting for the first few months before it cleared up! It's so scary!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you all!

#243 Lefloof

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

Oh you poor thing!! I have had no morning sickness, I'm 9 weeks today so I'm starting to think maybe I'll miss it?? It must be awful!

Boobs will not stop growing!! I've always had small boobs so it's a bit of a novelty haha!

Thanks for the advice everyone, will see my doc tomorrow and see what can be done about a quick scan. Had one bit of spotting this week so far, it's reassuring to hear other people have experienced it and it's been ok!

#244 Mrs_Bay

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:43 PM

Hi Ladies!
Very sorry to hear that some of you are going through some horrible times at the moment, really hope that it will all work out for you! Keep us posted, as the support here is so helpful during these early stages (especially when you can't really talk to anyone else!)

KSel86, that first hcg result sounds great for how many weeks you are! Mine was quite low (52) at 4w2d, but thankfully it more than doubled (324) in 72hrs, so the dr was happy. Good luck with the test tomorrow and let us know how you go!

AFM, no real symptoms at the moment, although didn't really have until 8ish weeks (6w4d atm) for DD. Feeling quite tired, but that could be from DD waking at the moment too, haha! Gotta love 2yr olds. I see my obstetrician on Friday and will get a scan done then too, so really hoping to see that everything is where it should be and hoping to hear that beautiful sound of a heartbeat.

Xx

Edited by Mrs_Bay, 01 February 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#245 Percival

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

Hi all. I am tentatively here. A huge surprise after years of infertility and assisted pregnancies.

I am sorry to hear others are having a rough time, no rest4tw I hope all is ok, I can't imagine how stressful this time must be for you.
Rettles I hope all continues to stay positive.

#246 Daffy2016

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

NoRest4TW, I'm so sorry. hugs to you.

#247 kSel86

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:39 PM

Thanks Mrs B thats very comforting, am hoping to see a really nice rise tomorrow when I get next lot taken. You're so right about the support here, it is so good to talk to someone about it all, happiness and fears, especially in these first few months when we are all waiting and praying everything goes as it should and not telling everyone on the outside.
Lefloof am hearing ya about the boobs. Am also a smallllll size and have grown so much in these past two weeks also. The pain in my nips is the worst, o so sensitive!
Welcome along Percival, hope you have a happy 9

#248 Happylilcamper

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

There's an October group!! We aren't the newbies anymore 😉

#249 rettles

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:50 PM

So for those of you who have had kids before

What do I need to organise?

I was asked questions today and I had no idea and I had to ask for an ultrasound ...

The doctor wrote up and sent a referral to King Edwards today, she seemed to think I was supposed to have things organised and I'm like.. No.. this is what I was told to do which was, have a blood test, confirm I have no antibodies and get a referral done for King Edward.

I'm going to be making another appointment once I get the ultrasound done with my regular doctor.

When am I supposed to organise an obstetrician? I think I need one now :p

#250 Happylilcamper

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:46 PM

Depends. Are you doing shared care with KEMH? Or you can been seen through your pregnancy at the east wing clinic without an OB. I didn't have an OB last pregnancy just a team of doctors/midwives I saw at KEMH. My first pregnancy I did shared care so I didn't see KEMH until week 28 and only 3 after that until birth, everything else was done by OB and info shared between them.

I think they see you at the clinic from week 20 (could be wrong?) so you'll need an OB to refer scans and blood tests etc until then.

It may be different if your high risk (for particular health  reasons)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.