Due In Sept 17 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
319 replies to this topic

#26 FluffyMcFluffins

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:54 PM

View PostLadybeetle_1111, on 03 January 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Currently just over 5 weeks for bub number one! So unbelievably excited and can't stop thinking about it... but keep telling myself to hold up and not get too far ahead of myself because anything might happen! Is this normal or am I just catastrophising for no reason? I'm worried that by being preoccupied with what MAY go wrong, that I will cause myself enough anxiety and MAKE something go wrong... if you know what I mean!

Congratulations :)

It's super hard not to worry, isn't it? 12 weeks seems like forever away let alone having a baby safety in your arms. I try to combat it by reminding myself that there isn't anything I can do about it at this stage, so worrying is pointless! Though, that doesn't stop me.  :laugh:

#27 Nyny89

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:57 PM

Just wondering have most people been booked into a dating scan? I went to the gp today and he neither booked me in for a dating scan nor ordered a blood test to test for hcg levels.
I am like you ladybeetle, I worry that anything could still happen. I habe just passed the 4 weeks.

#28 Dazzle1980

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

It is such a tumultuous time - we have tried for these much loved little 'beans', so excited yet so aware of the statistics of MC. I think you just need to distract yourself with the good things - setting up the nursery, looking at prams, ogling at the adorable clothes etc - even if it's all online. The other things I used to distract myself was the daily progress apps/info. Having said that, yes, I did stress with my 2, especially spotting at 9-13 weeks.

#29 Dazzle1980

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:36 PM

Nyny - I lived in a country area for the early part of the pregnancies with my boys. With DS1 I only had a 20wk scan then 30wk due to placenta previa picked up at the 20wk. With DS2 I had an emergency 13wk scan due to spotting them the 20wk. Bloods we're done early with both but not exceptionally early from memory - maybe around 8 weeks?

#30 Nyny89

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

Thanks dazzle! My friend who is pregnant at the moment and has a 1.5yo had bloods and a scan for both. As this is my first and i worry, i was expecting a at least a blood test to test hcg levels. The doctor tested for everything else (even things i told him are on my file) except that.

#31 Cakenfasten

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

Nyny, I haven't seen my GP yet this time, but with my first I didn't have a dating scan. I had bloods taken to check all my immunisations etc, but never had hcg numbers reported either. My GP didn't even call to confirm the pregnancy. When I called, he said that the positive pee stick was enough and he thought I already knew I was pregnant.

Nothing to worry about. If you know a rough date of your LMP and cycle length you may not need a dating scan.

#32 Nyny89

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

Thanks as well cakenfasten. I think ive decided im going to go back and ask for the blood test to be added, as it can show lots of information (insights) other then just your pregnant.

Im feeling because doctors deal with pregnancies a lot they are a little bit less caring to their patients if the patient may have concerns.

Im not freaking out or anything i just like to be thorough with my own health let alone the life starting to grow inside me.

#33 Mumin2016

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

I'm bowing out ladies. Starting bleeding this afternoon .

Good luck to you all on this exciting journey.

#34 JeppyBear

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:57 PM

Nyny, blood HCG levels are good to have done as they show whether they are rising appropriately. Also, dating scans decrease the risk of induction so go ahead and request one. Sometimes you need to give the doctors a bit of a poke xx

#35 Nyny89

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

So sorry to hear mumin2016

#36 FluffyMcFluffins

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:53 AM

So sorry to hear that Mumin2016 :(

#37 JeppyBear

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

So sorry Mumin2016 :(

#38 ~A2~

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

Mumin2016 - sorry to read this news.  Look after yourself and I hope to see you in a future DIG.

Ali

#39 Ladybeetle_1111

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

View PostNyny89, on 03 January 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Just wondering have most people been booked into a dating scan? I went to the gp today and he neither booked me in for a dating scan nor ordered a blood test to test for hcg levels.
I am like you ladybeetle, I worry that anything could still happen. I habe just passed the 4 weeks.

Hi Nyny

My doc said to wait til at least 7 weeks for dating scan. Annoying because hubby is away around that time and I hate waiting! I just want to knooowwww!!

I got bloods and urine done though... odd that yours didn't. Try a different GP maybe? This is only #1 for me though so I'm not sure what normal practice is!

Re: worrying, I guess all we can do is just make sure we take care of ourselves! Good luck :)

#40 FluffyMcFluffins

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

I've never had bloods taken in early pregnancy and they only normally referr you for a dating scan if you don't know when your last period was. So it's pretty normal to not have bloods or a scan until 12 weeks. :smile: :smile:

Edited by FluffyMcFluffins, 04 January 2017 - 03:33 PM.

#41 Nyny89

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostLadybeetle_1111, on 04 January 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Hi Nyny

My doc said to wait til at least 7 weeks for dating scan. Annoying because hubby is away around that time and I hate waiting! I just want to knooowwww!!

I got bloods and urine done though... odd that yours didn't. Try a different GP maybe? This is only #1 for me though so I'm not sure what normal practice is!

Re: worrying, I guess all we can do is just make sure we take care of ourselves! Good luck :)

First one for me too. I only want a blood test, im happy with no dating scan.
My friend who has a 1.5yo and is currently pregnant is going to go with me to her doctor and im going to ask for a blood test.
A blood test will help me worry less. So we will see how it goes 😊

#42 veronicamars

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

I had a dating scan at 8 weeks last time and will be doing the same this time. It's nice to just hear the heartbeat and see that everything is okay, even though as soon as it's over you just go straight back to worrying!

#43 TheatricalLady

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:45 PM

I am going to tentatively join this group.  I got a very faint bfp yesterday and a slightly darker one today.  
This will be our second baby,  my current little girl just turned 2 this week.  
I had a lot of complications with my last pregnancy, so I am off to the doc this afternoon for a blood test.  
Hoping everything is ok.  
Good news is,  I feel pregnant.  :)
Congrats to everyone else on their bfps this month :)

#44 FluffyMcFluffins

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostTheatricalLady, on 05 January 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

I am going to tentatively join this group.  I got a very faint bfp yesterday and a slightly darker one today.  
This will be our second baby,  my current little girl just turned 2 this week.  
I had a lot of complications with my last pregnancy, so I am off to the doc this afternoon for a blood test.  
Hoping everything is ok.  
Good news is,  I feel pregnant.  Posted Image
Congrats to everyone else on their bfps this month Posted Image

Congratulations :)

Wishing you a happy healthy 8 months!

#45 FluffyMcFluffins

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

I went to the doctor today about a sore ear I've had for a few days and mentioned that I thought I was pregnant, so she sent me off for bloods. They came back at 400 at 18dpo which seems normal.

#46 Lefloof

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

Hi ladies, sorry I've been quiet for a few days, was out of civilization walking the Routeburn track in NZ and it was beautiful!! Thanks for all of your concern, and reassurance, so far I've been getting a tiny bit of spotting but it's not even close to blood red so I'm not too worried at this point.
My doctor sent me for tests to re check all my prenatal stuff, but not actually to confirm I'm pregnant and she's like
"Yup, you definitely are" when I showed her a pic of all my positive tests getting darker each day. Because my cycle has been quite long, she wants me to get a dating scan (even though I know the date I O'd I'm happy to get one so didn't argue).

#47 TheatricalLady

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:42 AM

I went to the doc yesterday and she is pretty confident that I am pregnant.  Because I had a lot of complications last time,  she has given me a blood test yesterday,  which I should get the results for today.  And then there is another one on Saturday.  
Then the hospital want to see me ASAP once confirmed.  To try and avoid the issues I had last time.

#48 Tam76

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

Hi everyone, well it seems like I might belong in here.  I'm a little surprised as this was not planned but very exciting anyway.  I already have 4 boys, 7, 9, 11 and 12.  I believe I am due about the 11th.

#49 TheatricalLady

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:29 AM

View PostTam76, on 06 January 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

Hi everyone, well it seems like I might belong in here.  I'm a little surprised as this was not planned but very exciting anyway.  I already have 4 boys, 7, 9, 11 and 12.  I believe I am due about the 11th.

Welcome :) i think I am due around the 14th. Still waiting on the blood test results today to confirm the pregnancy,  but still feeling pregnant, so fingers crossed.

#50 TheatricalLady

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

View PostNyny89, on 03 January 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Normally they take a bfp on a hpt as proof of pregnancy.  The only reason they are sending me for bloods is because I had really low hcg to begin with last time.  And I ended up with pre eclampsia and a pre term emergency c section last time,  so the hospital want to be on top of monitoring me ASAP.  I have also recently been diagnosed with hypertension before I was pregnant,  so that complicates things and makes me high risk.
If they don't want to send you for bloods etc,  that's a good thing,  it means they think everything is normal :)

But if you are worrying,  like the others said,  there is no reason you can't ask for bloods or a dating scan :)

Edited by TheatricalLady, 06 January 2017 - 09:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.