Due In Sept 17 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
319 replies to this topic

#251 kSel86

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:01 AM

I think there are a few option you can choose regarding your care during your pregnancy. One (if you are a low risk pregnancy) is to stay with your GP who you see every month for a check up up until i think 30 weeks than it goes to fortnightly then weekly visits from 36 weeks. They can write all the referrals you need for all the scan etc. and you will have to have a few appointments with the hospital throughout also but mostly your GP can organise everything you need. Second option is to be refereed to the hospital midwife care so you see the the midwives for all the same checkups and they can also organise the same referrals for you. Thirdly you can go privet through an OB or direct Doctor care at the hospital which if you are high risk than thats generally what the doctors like to do. :)

#252 Daffy2016

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

This is something I've found really weird! I have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm supposed to ask for either, although I am going with the midwives at my local public hospital. My GP has been pretty good with referrals for scans, but I only got an early dating one because of my previous miscarriage. Otherwise you're on your own until 12 weeks. I've found it very isolating - just when you need help there's very little, and often if you're not telling you can't speak to friends or anything either.

My GP did hint it's because theres not much they can do in cases of mc etc before 12 weeks.

#253 rettles

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:30 PM

View PostDaffy2016, on 02 February 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

My GP did hint it's because theres not much they can do in cases of mc etc before 12 weeks.

I think this is the case with me, they really are just in a wait and see mode considering I'm high risk, I get that they don't want to swamp me with all of the things.

Still, will be booking the ultrasound today. Husband wants to come :-)

#254 Lefloof

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:46 PM

I've been seeing my doc (who is great) and she has referred me for dating scan and tests so far. She asked what I want to do for antenatal care, showed me the options and she has sent a request through to the midwife group at my local hospital who should be getting in touch with me over the next few weeks, who will take things from there.
Did go see my doc again today, and mentioned my occasional spotting and the fact I'd like some reassurance before paying for the Harmony test and going on an overseas trip. She was really happy for me to get another scan so I'm booked for late next week when I am far enough along to get the Harmony. Fingers crossed all is well, I can get the Harmony, have a great overseas trip, come home and be able to announce my pregnancy to family and friends! (I've only told my sister and 2 friends) ☺

#255 Percival

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

I had a scan today. He thinks I am 6 weeks 2 days. He couldn't see a heartbeat but was optimistic as he said the yolk sac was s good size. He didn't mention a fetal pole.
I'm obviously a bit anxious but I guess we will wait and see how we go.

#256 rettles

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

well I have my scan booked in for Saturday..

I'm 6w7d from LMP - so on Saturday I will be 7w2d and I should get an indication of a couple of things: Viable and if it's multiple. It might be too early for heartbeats, so I'm not going to stress too much about it.

The blood tests were fine except for Vit D which surprised me so I need to take some supplements for it.

I've started my walking again, 5kms every couple of days should keep me healthy. My belt went out a notch this week :(
I am desperate to avoid stacking on the weight, I know I will gain some weight. I'm almost borderline eating disorder with my paranoia, but no one loses the amount of weight I've lost and doesn't feel panicky about weight gain.

Edited by rettles, 02 February 2017 - 07:39 PM.

#257 Lefloof

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

Fingers crossed for that heart beat!!

I feel you on the weight thing. I need to calm down with the eating 😬 I've still been exercising but not as much / hard and I've been eating plenty, starting to feel a bit frumpy 😬 Darn those cravings and tiredness!

#258 Happylilcamper

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

Bit of cramping and spotting here. I've had that combo my last three pregnancies 😩 Two ending badly. One is asleep in her cot 😍 Ahh to go back when I was carefree while pregnant with my 5 yr old. This stress is killing me. Hope everything is ok 😔

#259 4littlebeans

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:18 PM

Hi all :)

Nothing much happening here, days are going so S L O W.

Went to the Dr last week for some referrals but she had no idea what she was doing. She said you only do the harmony or the 12 week scan, not both. Obviously that's incorrect so I just won't be going back to her! I have another appointment tomorrow with a different dr so will see how that goes. I also want a dating scan before I shell out the extra money for NIPT testing. I'll only be 6 weeks tomorrow so still early days and won't do a dating scan until after 7 weeks in the hope of seeing a heart beat.

My skin is breaking out and I feel generally queasy all day...so, all the good stuff! Lol

))))))) Sticky vibes (((((((

#260 kSel86

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:32 AM

fingers crossed for you pervical, will you be having another scan at some point to check growth?

Completely understand the weight anxieties. no hat I have lost any weigh (more like found it) but I put on 20 kg for both of my last pregnancies and am hoping not to do so this time, mainly because I am almost 10kg heavier than last time also. I seemed to stack on the weight last year even though I was probably the fittest/most active I had been in years, go figure :/
agree time is going so s.l.o.w!!

#261 Percival

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

Thanks KSel86, I'm seeing ob next week so I guess they will suggest a course of action. I am planning on having the harmony test but that is now a month away so don't really want to wait that long if the pregnancy isn't viable. I also feel really unwell so if things aren't working out I would rather know sooner than later.
Those  of you with older children, what are you telling them about the vomiting? My 4 year old is very concerned about me being sick all the time.
4 little beans the queaziness is awful isn't it.
Rettles I'll be thinking of you on Saturday.
Happylilcamper my fingers and toes are crossed for you. It's such a stressful time.

#262 kSel86

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:23 AM

I think when anyone has experienced any kind of loss or struggles TTC even, these first few months really are stressfull. Then the all day tiredness and sicknesses just add to the stresses too. I have my fingers and toes crossed for all of us.
Percival I just try not to let the kids see me sick and deflect any questions i can.. but I haven't really had too much for them to notice anyway. I definitely wont be telling them until I am well into the second trimester if i can help it.

#263 NoRest4TheWicked

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

Hi everyone, just an update for you all.....

Ok so today my app tells my I'm 7weeks exactly (but last u/s says 6w3d). Still been spotting brown and the odd bleed now and then (bright red one yesterday, bled for like 5 secs in toilet then that was it...sorry for tmi). Had my bloods done again this morning and HCG has gone from 2964 on tues morning to 3988 this moning so it's a good sign it's still increasing but still very slow increase rate! The nurse told me that the sac itself creates the HCG so it could be that i have just a sac with no baby in it but have to wait another week to find out as I have ultrasound next Friday!

P.s. sorry for the self absorbed post....i have been following you all just haven't been in the right headspace to comment.  I'll post again next Friday with my u/s results but until then I'll be laying low.....i wish everybody very sticky bubs and hope all your nausea etc doesn't get too bad!

Xx

#264 Happylilcamper

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostNoRest4TheWicked, on 03 February 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Hi everyone, just an update for you all.....

Ok so today my app tells my I'm 7weeks exactly (but last u/s says 6w3d). Still been spotting brown and the odd bleed now and then (bright red one yesterday, bled for like 5 secs in toilet then that was it...sorry for tmi). Had my bloods done again this morning and HCG has gone from 2964 on tues morning to 3988 this moning so it's a good sign it's still increasing but still very slow increase rate! The nurse told me that the sac itself creates the HCG so it could be that i have just a sac with no baby in it but have to wait another week to find out as I have ultrasound next Friday!

P.s. sorry for the self absorbed post....i have been following you all just haven't been in the right headspace to comment.  I'll post again next Friday with my u/s results but until then I'll be laying low.....i wish everybody very sticky bubs and hope all your nausea etc doesn't get too bad!

Xx

Fingers crossed for you xxx

Spotting more today and uncomfortable. Bright red blood and I'm filled with fear. Awful feeling

#265 ThirdTimesACharm

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

Hi everyone! Going back to read through all of the posts in a minute, just wanted to say hello first, very excited to be joining you all in here.
Currently around 5-6wks, dating scan booked in late next week. Hope everyone is travelling well, look forward to getting to know you all :smile:

#266 Daffy2016

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:40 PM

I really hope everything's okay happylilcamper and NoRest4TheWicked. It's such an awful feeling.

#267 Percival

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

I'll continue to think of you Norest4thewicked. A week is such a long time timo be in limbo.
Happylilcamper I'm so sorry to hear that.

#268 rettles

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:46 AM

I'm hoping happylilcamper and norest4thewicked that you will be OK.

<3

hugs.

#269 ThirdTimesACharm

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:37 AM

NoRest4TheWicked and Happylilcamper thinking of you both, I hope things improve and you get good news next week x

I'm meant to be packing to go away but I'm hiding in the bedroom instead being tired and cranky. And hungry. I can't stop eating all of the things! Hope everyone has a good weekend x

#270 kSel86

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

Hope your scan went well today Rettles.

How is everyone else going? Am thinking of everyone atm. Hope we all get good news at our next scans/checkups etc.

Time is just dragging atm...

#271 gumleaf

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:30 PM

I'm going pretty well thanks - 9w5d today. Did some shopping for a few maternity clothes (bras and a pair of stretchy pants) as I only had one remaining bra that fitted, and was down to 1 pair of pants and 1 skirt that were relatively comfy to wear for a whole day (I get so bloated in the afternoon/evening). Didn't expect to have to expand the wardrobe so early on, but at least the maternity basics I got should last for quite a while.

My morning sickness has also settled down a fair bit. Weeks 6--8 were awful, I felt horrible all day. This week I've only started retching if I haven't eaten for a while and the nausea is nowhere near as bad. So thankful, because I honestly didn't know how I was going to manage at work if it continued like that until 12 weeks or later.

Looking forward to the 12-week scan/tests (and will probably do the Percept test too) so that if everything looks okay we can finally tell some more people! Have kept it pretty quiet so far.

Thinking of everyone who is dealing with worrying symptoms... it must be super stressful. Fingers crossed for a good outcome for everyone. Take care of yourselves xx

#272 rettles

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

Good news for me!

I'm actually 7w4d! I made a mistake when I was looking at my LMP.

There was a heart beat! 155 first time the check was done, then I noticed my name was spelt wrong so she did it again with the correct spelling and second time was 162!

All good size, healthy and normal so far. That to me is the biggest relief because I didn't get this far last time. Just one, so no multiples, that is a relief.

Due date is slated for 19/09 but who knows .. could be earlier or later but that's what they think and I have the whole on CD!

We're not going to tell my parents until we get the second lot of testing done - the NT scans / NIPT testing.

#273 gumleaf

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:38 PM

Rettles that is great news!! :yes:

#274 Percival

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

Rettles I am thrilled for you!!!

#275 ThirdTimesACharm

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

Fantastic news Rettles! :dance: So happy for you.

Gumleaf - I'm only 5-6 weeks (I think!) and already needing a bigger/more comfortable bra and maternity bottoms. I can't believe how quickly I'm popping already this time. Have you found any nice maternity wear around?

kSel86 - Think I overdid it a bit today, can't wait for the first trimester to pass. How are you going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.