Due In Sept 17 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
319 replies to this topic

#276 kSel86

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

That is great news Rettles! Must be such a relief to see that beautiful heartbeat! cant wait for my scan.. one more week to go! is taking forever!
ThirdTimesACharm I'm going good, times going so slow, am the same, cant wait for second trimester..
Gumleaf have also brought some more comfy pants but thats more cos i only had two pair to start with so need more clothes anyway :) have been looking for some nice casual maternity dresses but no luck yet

#277 ThirdTimesACharm

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

kSel86 - my scan is next week too! Good luck, I hope all goes well x Really hanging out to see a heartbeat and everything where it is meant to be, don't think I'll really believe it until I see that screen. I found some comfortable dresses at Target recently, not maternity but made of stretchy jersey type fabric.

#278 Happylilcamper

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:42 AM

Great to hear rettles.

#279 gumleaf

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:36 AM

ThirdTimesACharm I got some maternity pants from Ripe - I wouldn't say they're great (no pockets and pretty basic design) but they are comfy, and it looks like all the Ripe stuff is made in Australia.

I did spend a while in Myer looking for non-maternity wear that would be stretchy and comfortable around the waist but didn't find anything in pants. There are a lot of nice flowy loose dresses around though that I think would be fine as maternity wear.

Hoping that once we start telling people in a few weeks I might score some hand-me-downs from friends too :)

#280 Daffy2016

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

That's fantastic news rettles!

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and time is going SO SLOWLY. My clothes and bras still mostly fit (thank god, I already have big boobs and I'd prefer minimal growth in that area) but I've had to stop wearing pantyhose with skirts and dresses. I'm a bit overweight though so it's hard to tell what might be bloating or bump and what's extra padding!

My morning sickness has been a bit worse this week too, just general all day yuckiness. I have medication for it (fear or vomiting that causes panic attacks) so that helps.

Roll on week 12!

#281 SugarGirl

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:50 AM

I am so happy for you rettles!!
So glad that everything seems to be going well for everyone so far! (Other than the sickness)
I have my 10 week bloods and check up in the morning....getting there!!

#282 ThirdTimesACharm

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

Gumleaf - I will check them out, thanks! It's been 8 years since I was last pregnant, I remember there was a brand I really liked but can't remember what it was now lol. I didn't find much in Myer either, ours isn't very big though. Will let you know if I find anything decent!

Daffy2016 - I have no boobies so I'm excited by any growth in that area haha! No good that you are feeling sicker lately, hopefully it will settle for you after first trimester.

SugarGirl - good luck with your blood tests and check up!

Is anyone else still getting pains and cramping? I'm still getting a lot in the mornings but it subsides during the day. This pregnancy is so different already to my other two, I'm a lot older this time though I guess.

Have a great Sunday everyone x

#283 Babarello

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

Hey everyone! I'm new to this like a lot of you! Im about 7 weeks!! YAY!! My Dr. told me I'm roughly due the 17th Sept But I'm going for my dating scan on Valentines day <3 can't wait!

The past week i've been feeling super nauseas and hungry at the same time, it's such a weird feeling! i've cried a few times because it's been really challenging for me :( Has anyone else gone through this?

I can't even deal with ginger anymore... I think i've overdosed on it this past week!
Any other suggestions?

:)
Glad to be part of this network. I haven't told family or friends yet, i feel so alone sometimes.

#284 rettles

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

View PostBabarello, on 05 February 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

The past week i've been feeling super nauseas and hungry at the same time, it's such a weird feeling! i've cried a few times because it's been really challenging for me :( Has anyone else gone through this?

:)
Glad to be part of this network. I haven't told family or friends yet, i feel so alone sometimes.

I can completely empathise with you Barbarello.

I am so nauseous at times - I haven't thrown up yet. I can barely stand it.  I can't even stand to prepare fresh food right now., I'm also dizzy today.

When I went for a walk earlier in the week, I must have stepped on the largest dog turd in the park., it covered the entire sole. So, I sat on a park bench and cried as I tried to scrape most of it off my shoe and not throw up. Then when I realised what an idiot I must look like crying about dogturds on my shoe, I started laughing. Book me in on a train to crazy town :whistle:

#285 Mrs_Bay

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:01 PM

Rettles - Such great news!! So very happy for you!

As for the other lovely ladies going through a tough time at the moment, I am very sorry to hear this. I really hope everything works out for you! Sending lots of sticky vibes. Xx

I had my first appointment with my obstetrician on Friday and she did a scan for me... Thankfully saw/heard a little heart beat. I though I was 7 weeks (according to LMP), but from the measurements of Bub, it had me at 6w3d. My obstetrician was very happy with everything she saw, so that made me feel better. I see her again in 3 weeks before I have the NIPT and Nuchal, so am excited about seeing Bub again and seeing how things are tracking along.

I am feeling the same about eating a tad too much and feeling the tightening of my clothes 😂 But carby food really is the only way to beat the quease (or so I've been telling my self, haha)! I have been trying to eat healthy, but have been snacking sooo much, Oops!! I put on 16kg my with last... Think I'll be topping that this time round! Haha.

Happy Sunday night everyone. Here's hoping for a fast week! Xx

#286 ThirdTimesACharm

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

Barbarello - I'm in the same boat, super hungry and nauseas but everything I think of makes my stomach churn. I was craving baked potato when I woke up this morning and couldn't possibly eat anything else. Once I do eat I feel better but a few hours later it starts all over again! Are you getting cravings too?

rettles - I'd cry about that too, nothing much grosser than dog poop, especially on your shoe. I have to avoid the meat isle at the supermarket for the same reason, makes me heave every time.

Mrs_Bay - so exciting that your scan went well and you got to see that heartbeat! x
My problem is crackers, I've been eating boxes of them to stop the queasiness, I'm alarmed at how much bigger I am already though.

#287 rettles

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

View PostThirdTimesACharm, on 05 February 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

Barbarello - I'm in the same boat, super hungry and nauseas but everything I think of makes my stomach churn. I was craving baked potato when I woke up this morning and couldn't possibly eat anything else. Once I do eat I feel better but a few hours later it starts all over again! Are you getting cravings too?

rettles - I'd cry about that too, nothing much grosser than dog poop, especially on your shoe. I have to avoid the meat isle at the supermarket for the same reason, makes me heave every time.

View PostMrs_Bay, on 05 February 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

I am feeling the same about eating a tad too much and feeling the tightening of my clothes 😂 But carby food really is the only way to beat the quease (or so I've been telling my self, haha)! I have been trying to eat healthy, but have been snacking sooo much, Oops!! I put on 16kg my with last... Think I'll be topping that this time round! Haha.

Happy Sunday night everyone. Here's hoping for a fast week! Xx

Ladies - I successfully made dinner tonight without feeling sick. I cut meat, vegetables and cooked a stir fry.

I don't eat any processed food, carbs or breads, I only eat vegetables, grains like rice, sorghum, chia, etc, sweet and regular potato. I have to avoid wheat as I have an allergy (not Coeliacs).

Problem is the food prep and smelling vegies makes me feel really sick, so I'm going to have to start buying frozen vegetables so I can at least eat vegetables.  

DH is supposed to be putting together a job application, I have discovered he is a master of procrastination. I understand he's stressing but my goodness, it's worse than me when I need to submit an essay for Uni! :rofl:

#288 SugarGirl

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:34 AM

Rettles....hilarious!!
Well my hormonez have been running wild also....but in the form of sex dreams!! (Dont judge me) hahahahahaha

#289 SugarGirl

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:11 AM

Just a heads up....the 10 week bloods are not covered by medicare and everyone will have to pay $100.
Don't remember that last pregnancy!
And you dont get the results,  they wait until you get your 12 week scan and combine the 2 to give you a likelyhood of down syndrome.

#290 ThirdTimesACharm

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for the warning SugarGirl, I think a lot of things have changed since I last had a bub! Lol, one of my first inklings that I might be pregnant was 'unusual' vivid dreams :laugh:

Rettles - I take my hat off to you, I'm struggling with cooking and food prep this last week! Frozen vegetables are a good idea, I've never really used them but lately when I get hungry I have to eat right away and prepping veggies takes too long. Might stock up today. Good luck for your DH on his job application!

#291 ThirdTimesACharm

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

Oh OK, thanks guys! I didn't realise, I'll edit the post myself just in case. I'll definitely be sticking around here Gumleaf, my previous DIGs all chat here and other places too and we've all become great mates, would love to do that this time around as well.

#292 zonnewigham

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:31 PM

hey ladies
i'm due around the last week of September and i'm feeling a little stressed :(
DH and i have just told our parents, no friends and i'm feeling a bit lost in all the information available.
i've asked my mum about a lot of stuff but its feeling mixed and out of date. she said she just picked her ob and went to the hospital he worked at, apparently there wasn't always rules on what hospital you can attend based on location. im with hbf and i want to go to a hospital with the healthy baby breastfeeding policy so basically i can only go to Joondalup private (WA)
my mum also said you used to just get the midwife that was on call that night and you didn't pick them like you pick doctors. but most places i try to get information i just keep hearing that i need to pick a specific midwife.
the few places that mention picking doctors say i need to have picked a doctor by the 8 week mark or they'll all be booked, but i dont even have a hospital tour booked in until ill be 9 weeks???
i have a few friends who've recently had babies that i want to ask but DH wants to keep it to just our parents knowing until we're in the 12 week 'safe zone'
is anyone else feeling a little overwhelmed with all the information out there???

#293 Lefloof

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

What do you mean by the 10 week bloods Sugar Girl?
I haven't heard anything about that! I am getting a scan late next week just prior to getting the Harmony test though.

Glad to catch up on everyone's progress ☺ Just chugging along, getting lots of sleep, I'm out doing fieldwork at the moment but I told my colleague I'm pregnant so he's making things as easy as possible for me. Still been doing some physical stuff though, it's good to be keeping active!

#294 TheatricalLady

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:34 PM

I had my scan today,  it showed I was 8 weeks 2 days (my lmp date was 8 weeks 4 days) but I feel like the scan dates are more accurate :)
Nice strong heart beat :)
Yay!! Now feels a while lot more real.  
Still feeling very nauseous at this end :( it sux,  I didn't have this last time :(
Hope everyone else is doing ok.

#295 Daffy2016

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

Glad to hear everyone's going as well as can be expected!

Is anyone else struggling with tiredness? I'm so exhausted in the mornings that I'm practically falling asleep at my desk - eyes keep closing and everything. I'm usually okay after lunch but those first few hours are so hard.

#296 SugarGirl

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

View PostLefloof, on 06 February 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

I haven't heard anything about that! I am getting a scan late next week just prior to getting the Harmony test though.

Glad to catch up on everyone's progress ☺ Just chugging along, getting lots of sleep, I'm out doing fieldwork at the moment but I told my colleague I'm pregnant so he's making things as easy as possible for me. Still been doing some physical stuff though, it's good to be keeping active!

The 10 week bloods is the blood test you get at 10 weeks, in conjunction with the 12 week scan to give you a percentage of possible down syndrome.
You get it in addition to the harmony test.

#297 rettles

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:36 PM

View Postzonnewigham, on 06 February 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

my mum also said you used to just get the midwife that was on call that night and you didn't pick them like you pick doctors. but most places i try to get information i just keep hearing that i need to pick a specific midwife. the few places that mention picking doctors say i need to have picked a doctor by the 8 week mark or they'll all be booked, but i dont even have a hospital tour booked in until ill be 9 weeks??? i have a few friends who've recently had babies that i want to ask but DH wants to keep it to just our parents knowing until we're in the 12 week 'safe zone' is anyone else feeling a little overwhelmed with all the information out there???

Overwhelmed is an excellent word for it.

I keep being told I need to wait until I'm out of the danger zone, but one of my doctors was like "clock is ticking".
I have no idea how or what I'm supposed to do next, you would think there'd be some kind of check list!

View PostDaffy2016, on 06 February 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Is anyone else struggling with tiredness? I'm so exhausted in the mornings that I'm practically falling asleep at my desk - eyes keep closing and everything. I'm usually okay after lunch but those first few hours are so hard.

Very tired too... I only slept 4.5 hours last night because I was editing husband's job application.

View PostTheatricalLady, on 06 February 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Yes.... surviving! Hope you are too!

#298 TheatricalLady

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

I am struggling really badly with exhaustion,  and it is making me really irritable :( my poor husband and toddler :(

#299 SugarGirl

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

I am so tired!!!! I am so lucky my 13month old is still on 2 sleeps so i can get a 45 min nap a day! It helps!!!!!!

#300 SugarGirl

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostLefloof, on 06 February 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

Hhhmmmm.....actually maybe its not required if your getting the harmony test!!!??  Sorry...im not much help!! Haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.