Moving to Gordon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bridandzar

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

Hi all we are currently looking at moving to Gordon from Sydney (a very big change).  Just wondering people thoughts on the area, schools etc other suggestions on areas in the south?

Thanks

#2 *Spikey*

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

A friend of mine is a teacher at the local primary, they have some very good staff. I quite liked living in Tuggeranong, but haven't been in that area for years, so I can't tell you what the suburb is like to live in....

#3 Girlo

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:23 PM

To Gordon from Sydney? Which Gordon? The only Gordon I know is in the greater Sydney area???

Sorry - disregard... I came in through recent topics! I just saw the file path is in ACT :)

Edited by Girlo, 03 January 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#4 jayskette

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

gordon in sydneys schools are among the countrys best, so you cant really compare to gordon act. but if u have a look at myschools, all act schools are average to above average in the stats, and most of western sydney schools are below average as a comparison. i have lived in both gordons and both are great :)

also to add: due to public service freezes and growth in the gunghalin area, there are plenty of child care, after school and vacation care spots in tuggeranong, a bonus!

Edited by jayskette, 03 January 2017 - 10:32 PM.

#5 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

Gordon is a large suburb, so covers a range of housing options and quality.

There is a public primary school (with preschool) in Gordon and another in Conder. There used to be a 3yr old "play school" run at the community centre near Conder primary school (many years ago). There is a Catholic Primary School in Conder (St Clare of Assisi) which is fairly large (630 students K-6). There are two non-affiliated religious schools within reach - Covenant College and Trinity Christian School. You have to go a bit further afield for Montessori (Holder - 20 minutes perhaps).

I love living down this way - seeing the hills around me is a big part of that. There is a Woolworths, Aldi, pharmacy, dentist and physiotherapist (and more) in the "Lanyon" shopping centre which is a max of 5 minutes drive from anywhere in Gordon/Conder/Banks. There are two decent doctors surgeries (each with multiple doctors) between the three suburbs, and more in the surrounding area.

It is 10-15 minutes up the road to Tuggeranong (there is never true traffic congestion) which is a larger centre with more retail and service resources. Canberra Hospital is a 20 minute drive and is a regional referral and trauma hospital - so has MANY resources.

Ummmm, what else would you like to know? Ask away ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.